Week 5 (3-1) Meigs @ (4-0) River Valley

BlizzardMan
S

Re: Week 5 (3-1) Meigs @ (4-0) River Valley

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
hoopshothead wrote:Tonight is a BIG game for both teams......The Raiders have played very well on the defensive side of the ball this year.....but.....Meigs is going to be the best offensive team that RV has faced.......home field advantage?......maybe......gonna be packed!!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!......With a win they will equal last years win total!!!.....This group has shown that they have heart.....I expect nothing less tonight........gonna be a great game!!

There is more of that respect stuff on the line tonight as well......have to earn it.....after beating NY I thought that RV would gain some, but now people are down playing NY.......so, beat Meigs and earn a little more respect.....the program HAS turned the corner....any spectator can see that!!! Best of luck to both teams....hoping for an injury free game.....GO #20!!
I was very impressed the one time that I saw them play against GA, especially with their defense and no one is going to give respect until you earn it and that is by beating the teams that are picked to beat you, they must control the game and not allow the big play tonight, even so they won't quit. I have listened to them when I couldn't make it to the games and they are fighters. This is also the best defense that Meigs has seen all year. Look for turnovers and field position to decide this one as it always does in hard fought exhausting games.
I like RV 21-20
Thanks for just saying the same stuff everybody else has already said. What knowledge you have. You couldn't come up with a rational thought if your life depended on it. If you could read, you'd see the record from 2002 was called into question earlier. It must be hard for you to walk and breathe at the same time.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Bevo wrote:
Raiderball wrote:River Valley 2002
8/23 A Southeastern (2-8) [5:20] W 14-6
8/30 A Wellston (8-2) [4:15] L 16-43
9/6 H Meigs (4-6) [3:11] L 17-20
9/13 A Alexander (3-7) [4:15] L 0-19
9/20 H Southern (0-10) [6:23] W 39-0

9/27 A Chesapeake (9-4) [5:19] L 13-42
10/4 A Dawson-Bryant (3-7) [5:19] W 20-7
10/11 H Rock Hill (6-4) [4:15] L 12-35
10/18 H South Point (3-7) [4:15] W 34-7
10/25 H Fairland (3-7) [4:15] W 19-0
Now there is some useless info!! Who cares what happened 13 years ago?
LOL
Your the Jottings of RV. Tons of boring info no one reads

Hey douchebag nobody asked for your opinion anyway. If you could read AND comprehend you would know it was in response to whether rv had ever finished above 500 in conference play. Now you can go crawl back under that rock you come from and STFU.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Bevo wrote:
hoopshothead wrote:Tonight is a BIG game for both teams......The Raiders have played very well on the defensive side of the ball this year.....but.....Meigs is going to be the best offensive team that RV has faced.......home field advantage?......maybe......gonna be packed!!!!

GO RAIDERS!!!!......With a win they will equal last years win total!!!.....This group has shown that they have heart.....I expect nothing less tonight........gonna be a great game!!

There is more of that respect stuff on the line tonight as well......have to earn it.....after beating NY I thought that RV would gain some, but now people are down playing NY.......so, beat Meigs and earn a little more respect.....the program HAS turned the corner....any spectator can see that!!! Best of luck to both teams....hoping for an injury free game.....GO #20!!
I was very impressed the one time that I saw them play against GA, especially with their defense and no one is going to give respect until you earn it and that is by beating the teams that are picked to beat you, they must control the game and not allow the big play tonight, even so they won't quit. I have listened to them when I couldn't make it to the games and they are fighters. This is also the best defense that Meigs has seen all year. Look for turnovers and field position to decide this one as it always does in hard fought exhausting games.
I like RV 21-20

The one time you saw them.....hahahaha... riiiiiight. LMAO
Do you watch the game from the sideline or are you upstairs? :122245 :122245
Will you be at the game tonight? Maybe you could post updates for us? :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Bevo wrote:

I like RV 21-20
Thanks for just saying the same stuff everybody else has already said. What knowledge you have. You couldn't come up with a rational thought if your life depended on it. If you could read, you'd see the record from 2002 was called into question earlier. It must be hard for you to walk and breathe at the same time.

Because he's a douchebag.

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

River Valley 14
Meigs 8
Halftime

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

Meigs 22
River Valley 14
3rd Qtr

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RV is definitely going to contend for the league and a playoff spot.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

how many penalties were there in this game? It seemed like holding was called on every play.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Alexander, Meigs, River Valley Wellston, NY and Athens ...2nd half of the season will be a good one

meigs_62_189
Freshman Team

Post by meigs_62_189 »

11 penalties for Meigs 110 yards
10 penalties for RV 100 yards

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I hope when this game was over, RV was sick to their stomachs. I hope they felt big disappointment. I hope they were angry this game got away from them. I hope Coach Sparling ripped them a little for losing. Why? Because that's what teams that expect to win do. One thing I've learned from sports and mostly being on losing teams is moral victories are for chumps. This team is too good for moral victories now. I hope they aren't just proud of their efforts, but upset that they failed to close it out. I hope they seek redemption on the Wellston Rockets for having the nerve to step onto the field with them next week. If they are feeling like that. If they feel like failures when they lay down tonight, and I bet they do, they are doing it right.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

yellowjacket wrote:how many penalties were there in this game? It seemed like holding was called on every play.
I've noticed refs are more flag happy this year. Holds and personal fouls

Hard Hat Harry
Waterboy

Post by Hard Hat Harry »

Just curious. I noticed RV used a runner swapping out ipads between a coach and the pressbox. It was used extensively in the 1st half and sparingly in the 2nd. I watch a lot of teams during the course of a season and this was the first time I noticed it. Maybe I'm not as observant as I thought but my question is what is it used for?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BlizzardMan wrote:I hope when this game was over, RV was sick to their stomachs. I hope they felt big disappointment. I hope they were angry this game got away from them. I hope Coach Sparling ripped them a little for losing. Why? Because that's what teams that expect to win do. One thing I've learned from sports and mostly being on losing teams is moral victories are for chumps. This team is too good for moral victories now. I hope they aren't just proud of their efforts, but upset that they failed to close it out. I hope they seek redemption on the Wellston Rockets for having the nerve to step onto the field with them next week. If they are feeling like that. If they feel like failures when they lay down tonight, and I bet they do, they are doing it right.
Isn't RV usually a not so good team? So, this is no surprise?

I'm not being coy, just factual!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Raiderball wrote:
Bevo wrote:

I like RV 21-20
The one time you saw them.....hahahaha... riiiiiight. LMAO
Do you watch the game from the sideline or are you upstairs? :122245 :122245
Will you be at the game tonight? Maybe you could post updates for us? :122246 :122246 :122246 :122246
Updates, LOL. Why would I post Updates? We have little morons like you trying to be all cool and electronically smart, Posting updates is pretty lame IMHO.If someone wants to know whats going on why not listen to it on the radio, or go to the game. I don't do updates or text or get on a tiny little cell phone screen,
sorry and i only saw them against GA!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Why doesn't anyone ever post the final scores in the forum lol?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

ie681 wrote:Just curious. I noticed RV used a runner swapping out ipads between a coach and the pressbox. It was used extensively in the 1st half and sparingly in the 2nd. I watch a lot of teams during the course of a season and this was the first time I noticed it. Maybe I'm not as observant as I thought but my question is what is it used for?
You haven't noticed it before because it is against the rules if they are using it for anything that has to do with the game. No electronic devises can be used during the game by the coaches per OHSAA rules. :mrgreen:

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

If I am not mistaking, the use of Ipads or electronic devices are permitted for stat keeping use throughout the game, however, use by the coaches themselves is a not permitted by OHSAA.

It could be my lack of ability or knowledge of most electronic devices, but how would one use such a device in a way that must be banned for coaches to use?

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

bleedblue wrote:If I am not mistaking, the use of Ipads or electronic devices are permitted for stat keeping use throughout the game, however, use by the coaches themselves is a not permitted by OHSAA.

It could be my lack of ability or knowledge of most electronic devices, but how would one use such a device in a way that must be banned for coaches to use?
The post stated the device was transferred to and fro from the press box to the coach. If so, the coach was using it for something. Even if it was being used for stats it is not within the rules. Just sayin. :mrgreen:

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

According to page 23 rule 1-6 Article 2 in the National Federation of High Schools 2014 Football Rule Book

Communication devices that take still photos, videos or internet depictions may be used by coaches And players outside the 9 yard mark conference. Rule change happened in 2014. Just wanted to clear that up. That is in NFHS 2014 rule book. I just Googled it and it is in the rule change PowerPoint.

Return to “Football”