Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

nutronron2012
All State

Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

Post by nutronron2012 »

SOC II play begins. Valley coming off a Homecoming win and Waverly coming off a loss after a good first half against a very good Caldwell team. Waverly looks to be a much improved team and haven't lost on their new field yet. Valley will try to change that.
Thoughts?

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Is every1 healthy for valley? If so they will dominate this game. If Noth then I think waverly keeps it interesting for a half maybe 3 quarters. Then valley pulls away by 2 tds.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Is every1 healthy for valley? If so they will dominate this game. If Noth then I think waverly keeps it interesting for a half maybe 3 quarters. Then valley pulls away by 2 tds.
Not healthy yet. Spradlin and Romanello were out Friday. But we seemed to find new weapons against east. Don't know when they will return. Romanello will be back before Spradlin. Hope to see everyone at near 100% by week 9. Our schedule is pretty favorable right now.

Senatorz10
Freshman Team

Post by Senatorz10 »

I gotta go with Valley. I say they win 35-14.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Tall task as the Tigers face a senior dominated and very experienced Valley team. Waverly has played a decent half against undefeated Zane Trace and Caldwell, but have yet to put together four quarters. That will be a must if this game is to be competitive. And of course limiting turnovers and penalties which were our downfall last night against Caldwell.

Sounds like both teams have had their fair share of injuries. Waverly may be down to just three seniors playing next week. We do have 23 juniors so the future does show promise for the Tigers.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

u....g....l......y!!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Valley rolls.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley will keep doing what they need to get the win, while working to get everyone healthy. The thing that I like is how the "weakness" was depth, but when some major players have went down, Valley has kids who step up and play well.

Another workman like performance this week, get some guys rest and get healthy.

Valley 35
Waverly 12

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This is will be solid test for the Indians. Waverly has played a pretty decent schedule and they will be prepared. I do like the mindset of our team right now. They come out and play hard from the start. They bring it on special teams and in all facets. We have not had turnover problems and that is a good thing to see.

I expect 2 more weeks of focus from these guys and then the bye week to get ready for those last two huge games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This will be one of those head scratchers. One way the game might go is Valley puts together a complete game and blows out waverly. The other would be they struggle and it's a battle to the end. Valley wins either way but I don't foresee a slow methodical convincing win.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Valley wins, but I think it will be closer than most think.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Valley should be far better than Caldwell. Waverly shot themselves in the foot in the first half at Caldwell "giving" the hosts all their first half points. The Tigers racked up over 200 yards of offense in that very close first half. I didn't get to listen to the 2nd half but from what I'm hearing the Tigers weren't going to get out of there with a win no matter what they did.
The Tigers are back home where they have picked up 2 of their 3 wins, having defended the home turf well. It will take a tall order to knock of the Valley Indians, a flawless performance. I don't know who is out for Waverly but Toast indicated the Tigers may be down to only 3 Seniors for this one.

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

smurray wrote:Valley should be far better than Caldwell. Waverly shot themselves in the foot in the first half at Caldwell "giving" the hosts all their first half points. The Tigers racked up over 200 yards of offense in that very close first half. I didn't get to listen to the 2nd half but from what I'm hearing the Tigers weren't going to get out of there with a win no matter what they did.
The Tigers are back home where they have picked up 2 of their 3 wins, having defended the home turf well. It will take a tall order to knock of the Valley Indians, a flawless performance. I don't know who is out for Waverly but Toast indicated the Tigers may be down to only 3 Seniors for this one.

Everyone forgets that Caldwell had two turnovers in first half as well with interceptions thrown. We capitalized on those turnovers, Waverly did not. The first half was close as Caldwell played flat offensively. As for the first half turnovers for Waverly, with the exception of the interception, a very physical Caldwell D created those turnovers......which is a part of football.
Caldwell came out in the second half and picked up the intensity, got very physical and played at the level they should have in the first half. The game did start turning ugly with flags in the second half. The more physical Caldwell was, the more frustrated the Waverly players became. The Waverly coach went out on the field once arguing a "no call" when a Caldwell wideout rolled a Waverly defender. It was a clean, physical hit. Only thing, it was 30 yards downfield from the action. You play until the whistle blows.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Thanks for the Caldwell perspective CHS_skins.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

The stats I could find didn't break anything down by half, but if Waverly had 200 yards in the first half, they had less than 60 in the second. I agree with CHS_skins assessment, the Redskins came out flat to start that game. Maybe it was playing on a Saturday, out of the norm that got them in a funk, but they just didn't seem to have the same intensity in the first half. Once they picked it up in the second, that's when they opened the game up. Waverly is a solid team, they just need to stay focused throughout the game.

As for this game, I think Valley might be a little too much for them, especially given the injuries I've heard that Waverly has sustained. Hoping for an injury free game in this contest.

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

No brainer here. valley by a running clock

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

CHS_skins wrote:
smurray wrote:Valley should be far better than Caldwell. Waverly shot themselves in the foot in the first half at Caldwell "giving" the hosts all their first half points. The Tigers racked up over 200 yards of offense in that very close first half. I didn't get to listen to the 2nd half but from what I'm hearing the Tigers weren't going to get out of there with a win no matter what they did.

Everyone forgets that Caldwell had two turnovers in first half as well with interceptions thrown. We capitalized on those turnovers, Waverly did not. The first half was close as Caldwell played flat offensively. As for the first half turnovers for Waverly, with the exception of the interception, a very physical Caldwell D created those turnovers......which is a part of football.
Caldwell came out in the second half and picked up the intensity, got very physical and played at the level they should have in the first half. The game did start turning ugly with flags in the second half. The more physical Caldwell was, the more frustrated the Waverly players became. The Waverly coach went out on the field once arguing a "no call" when a Caldwell wideout rolled a Waverly defender. It was a clean, physical hit. Only thing, it was 30 yards downfield from the action. You play until the whistle blows.

Actually, and someone correct me if I am wrong, they are throwing flags for unneeded blocks away from the play.

I saw that called in 2 games so far. I dont agree with it, but thats the way football is now.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Valley takes it 38-14.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Could be a very long homecoming night for Waverly. Valley 42 Waverly 13

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Valley wins big.

Return to “Football”