Bellaire St. John Central to forfeit 4 wins.

surfsider
All State

Bellaire St. John Central to forfeit 4 wins.

Post by surfsider »

Read on that OVAC sports site http://www.ovathletics.com that St. John Central used an ineligible player in 4 of its wins. Nothing official in ink yet, but it appears even the people from SJC knew it was coming. So could see a shake up in region 25.

anderson2012
JV Team

Re: Bellaire St. John Central to forfeit 4 wins.

Post by anderson2012 »

I have long wanted to see SJC do well because they've been in the gutter for so long.

In this post, I originally jumped to the conclusion of cheating. But WOW... this might actually not be a case of cheating.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

That would really throw a monkey in the wrench of any playoff games at SJC's field. Hope it gets resolved quick.
Looked at joe eitel's site. Be a shame to see Irish drop from 5th to 25th.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

This could get interesting. I was at the Ferry game last night and it sounds like some shady stuff went down. Who knows if they will even report it.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BSJ has a killer remaining schedule they'd be lucky to win 1 or 2 anyway

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

formerfcfan wrote:I have long wanted to see SJC do well because they've been in the gutter for so long.

In this post, I originally jumped to the conclusion of cheating. But WOW... this might actually not be a case of cheating.

This does seem to be confusing. The kid in question has been at St. Johns since last year and participated in track . From years of reading the Ohio Athlete, seldom does a person that is ruled ineligible have that decision reversed, this might be an exception.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

It sounds like a sabotage is or was in the works from the higher-ups. Seems like a very pedestrian thing to report.

OUCH
Riding the Bench

Post by OUCH »

The guys at the prison were talken to some of their buddies from the belmont county prison, it dont sound as bad as what I originally thought.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Those guys at the incarceration joints sure do know wassup at SJC. Good to know The Fighting Irish ok on the R25 front.
Can someone tune up the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage" cause it sure sounded like some Catholic higher up trying to give SJC a bad rap.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Does it look as though they are going to have to forfeit these games? I hate to see the kids have to pay for coaches and school officials wrong doings. Those kids worked their tails off all summer to get in a position to win those games and shouldn't be penalized for coaches and administrative mistakes.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

It's been posted on their forum that they will not have to forfeit.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Just read that they DO have to forfeit. Apparently, OHSAA ruled.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Franklin Heights in Columbus just got hammered with a similar thing (a "paperwork error"). OHSAA isn't playing.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Wow, first Franklin Heights, now St. Johns. Ouch. With this story saying more violations possible at Bellaire St. John, I think the hammer should fall on the principal. Obviously he's the one who dropped the bingo card, not the coaches.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

surfsider wrote:Wow, first Franklin Heights, now St. Johns. Ouch. With this story saying more violations possible at Bellaire St. John, I think the hammer should fall on the principal. Obviously he's the one who dropped the bingo card, not the coaches.
Well, with this being St. John's third violation in five years, and the potential that shadier stuff has happened... combined with the low enrollment and objectively mediocre sports programs (that matter most and aren't getting wins vacated), looks like BSJ is getting shot in both kneecaps.

Return to “Football”