Fort Frye upsets Caldwell 15-9 to win PVC

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Fort Frye upsets Caldwell 15-9 to win PVC

Post by EasternDspy »

Here ya go!
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 8 Caldwell (7-0) @ Fort Frye (7-0) PVC Championship

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Cadets will be outmatched. Might keep it close early but Caldwell runs away with the Ship. 34-13

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

If weather is decent this will be the largest crowd ever for a Fort game.
The Skins will bring a big crowd, and with playoffs in the near future Scouts from all over Ohio will be in Beverly next Friday evening. :122245

tornado-frenzy 11
Waterboy

Post by tornado-frenzy 11 »

Can't see Caldwell losing this one. Too physical and too much speed. The Skins will dominate in the trenches and the athletes will take over from there. I hope it's closer but I just don't see it... 41-14 Skins.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You can argue that they are better in the trenches but Fort Frye is just as athletic if not more athletic then Caldwell. Skins probably will wear Fort down but it will be fun to watch. This game was 14-7 last year in the 4th qt

tornado-frenzy 11
Waterboy

Post by tornado-frenzy 11 »

EasternDspy wrote:You can argue that they are better in the trenches but Fort Frye is just as athletic if not more athletic then Caldwell. Skins probably will wear Fort down but it will be fun to watch. This game was 14-7 last year in the 4th qt
Not a chance. Have you seen the Clark kid play? Good luck.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ok that's one player and the best player in the game but Fort Frye has a ton of good athletic skills guys. This game will come down to if Cadets can stop the run which will be a huge task. Ivey is a tough runner but he's leaning on the huge offensive line. Fort is going to leave this all on the field.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Caldwell big

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Like I said this game is always a war. Coach Huck will try to slow the game down. Caldwell should of blown out Fort Frye last year but it was 21-7 and 14-7 going into the 4th. In 2013 and 2012 game was decided but 1 Fort winning in Caldwell and Caldwell winning in Beverly.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Huge Game for the league it's just nice to have a big game like this.

Tvc 2012
Waterboy

Post by Tvc 2012 »

Everybody saying Caldwell wins big blah blah blah. Everybody said Monroe would win big also. Last three years this game has been close with neither team ever winning "big". I look for a good physical game between two very good teams. Both are coached well and both have excellent athletes. Caldwell is bigger but Fort Frye is deeper. It's the size of the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight. Fort is used to the underdog role. These boys have been told all of their football careers their not big enough. Not tough enough. Not physical enough. A quick glimpse into the past should tell anybody they're not buying into it. Matter of fact I've watched many of them play since they were 4th graders and I think they feed off of it. Look for a good close game here. Neither team wins "big" in the PVC Campionship game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

At the end the day both teams have proved all season they are good teams and both are most likely home in week 11 great year for the league. After this game regardless of outcome I'll be rooting for Caldwell until the end. They have a ton of Srs and they have huge shot at a regional title. Fort Frye has a great coach and 10 Srs themselves and kids that are tough and never quit. Caldwell has yet to be in a close one interested to see how they react in a close one. Let's Go Cadets this why you work hard for since you were little you dreamed for a game like this.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell has won 23 straight reg season games.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

My bad last yrs game was 24-8 Caldwell none the less it was a close game

Black Mamba 24
Riding the Bench

Post by Black Mamba 24 »

Limiting possessions is the key if the Cadets want to stay in it. I don't think anyone wants to see a lopsided game but the potential is there for either. The game will be fun to watch. That's the only thing that's certain. High school football is hard to predict. If Caldwell plays their best then they win easily. If fort Frye plays their best they can walk away with the title. Injury free football so the pvc can represent well in the playoffs. Looks like these 2 are the only ones getting in.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has weapons also Casey Lewis over 700 yards and 12 tds , Clay Baker FB Jr, Garrett " Peanut " Lockery Jr, Derek Layton TE / FB Sr, Brady Carpenter Wr Jr, Tanner Rice TE/ WR Sr , and Devin Waterman WR Sr. In terms of weapons this is the most coach Huck has ever had its not like he's a one or 2 man Lang team. Next season the Cadets will have 16 Srs. Anthony Winters has 14 sacks and is the teams emotional leader he's a Sr. Want to throw a shoutout to the 2 Jr Tackles Owen Matheny 260 and Jordan Baker 260 those 2 have played great the last few games people don't always give the line credit but ive noticed.Trent Bradford has been a ballhawk with 5 or 6 ints and a numerous forced fumbles and fumble recoveries. I'm really excited about this team. They have a ton of depth all the way to 7th grade this program is on the rise this will be 3rd out of 4 yrs that they qualified for playoffs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They do need to play better and they know they can these boys have been through a lot the last 3 weeks.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye hasn't even played its best game yet. They make big plays, but execution is inconsistent. They will want to play better on Friday.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am making the 1:45 minute drive to take this one in.

The only time I watched Caldwell was when Newark Catholic went on the road and beat them in the playoffs.
They played extremely hard in that contest and their fans were as loud as any I have heard in the playoffs.

I have never been to Beverly before, that I remember and had never seen the Cadets play.
I am looking forward to both.

Is the stadium at the school?
How easy is it to find(I'm sure the GPS will get me there)
Is there a speedway near(Need my coffee fix)
Are there reserve seats? This always stinks when yes, because the high up seats at the 50 makes it easier to do the report and take pics.

If the weather allows I will do a game report and post pics(Might be hard if the crowd is as large as expected)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yes the the GPS should get you there and stadium is right behind the school and easy to find. No speedways in Beverly but there is a Marathon right in front of the school. Glad to have you pick this game and we don't have reserve seats at all pretty big bleechers so as long as your there by 6 for the 7 o'clock kickoff you'll be fine. Go Cadets

Return to “Football”