WEEK8 ATHENS @ WELLSTON

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

WEEK8 ATHENS @ WELLSTON

Post by DragonMom »

Well since no one else has it started i will. Athens has played a much tougher schedule. but their 5 wins come against 0-7 warren 1-6 vc 0-7 gallia acd and 5-2 meigs which has a nice team.

the teams wellston beat don't look to much better but since their my team im pulling for them to win.

vctransplant
All Conference

Re: WEEK8 ATHENS @ WELLSTON

Post by vctransplant »

Sultzman will be to much for the rockets this week! His O-line is very disciplined.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Having seen both teams now both can run the ball well. I still gotta give them dogs the edge in this one , I think Saltzman runs wild on the rockets ... Only question is will it be 6 or 7 TDS that he collects Friday ?

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

I think our staff would love it if they ran Saltzman out of the wildcat formation and into our strength, but I look for them to spread us out and use the passing game against us.

We need to chew clock and have long drives and play physical Rocket football at the LOS. They are in our house and a win over Athens is not only possible but validates the effort and time these kids and staff have put into the program.

I don't look for us to compete and have a moral victory, I look for us to set the stage for a smash-mouth game. If I were the staff I would remind these boys every day this week about the 82-7 score from last year and some of the things said during and after that game. No more 2014 video-game non-contact football...you wanna come to CH Jones field strap on your chinstrap.

Your house Rockets, make a stand.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:I think our staff would love it if they ran Saltzman out of the wildcat formation and into our strength, but I look for them to spread us out and use the passing game against us.

We need to chew clock and have long drives and play physical Rocket football at the LOS. They are in our house and a win over Athens is not only possible but validates the effort and time these kids and staff have put into the program.

I don't look for us to compete and have a moral victory, I look for us to set the stage for a smash-mouth game. If I were the staff I would remind these boys every day this week about the 82-7 score from last year and some of the things said during and after that game. No more 2014 video-game non-contact football...you wanna come to CH Jones field strap on your chinstrap.

Very good point Don. 82 points is rediculous !!! Go Rockets make this a fist fight and you'll be in the game. Ironmen nation is pulling for you .

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

82-7 Rocket Nation what are you gonna do about it.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Top 10 Reasons Why Wellston Beats Athens

10. The video game controller that was the 2014 Athens Bulldogs is gone, no more Madden, you actually have to hit someone this year.
9. Rockets have long memories and short fuses; 82-7.
8. Best athlete on field will be wearing blue.
7. Biggest hitter on the field will be wearing blue.
6. Fastest kid on the field will be wearing blue.
5. Strongest kid on the field will be wearing blue.
4. Football is a contact sport last time I checked.
3. Our current staff for the most part wasn't around when it was 82-7...but our current staff HATES showboats and not being sportsmanlike.
2. It's on grass in our town.
1. Karma is a b@#$(

Put a big sign at the water cooler during practice this week.

Put two numbers on it. 82 & 7.

Everyone look at it every day Monday through Thursday, then look at the guy across from you on Friday. Make it a brawl, make it personal.

I will ask you again Rockets, what you gonna do 'bout it?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dandy Don wrote:I think our staff would love it if they ran Saltzman out of the wildcat formation and into our strength, but I look for them to spread us out and use the passing game against us.

You will get your wish. Saltzman at RB and Wiseman at QB will run on every play. I feel it will be close at half but I think Athens depth will be too much for Wellston in the second half
Athens 42
Wellston 21

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm with ya on that Raider. Athens runs away with this one, 2nd half.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With the win over Meigs Athens looks to be putting their game together to share the TVC. They have found out what works and what to throw in the fire place. It will be a good game against Wellston but I look for the Bulldogs to take this one.

traffic8484
Freshman Team

Post by traffic8484 »

I don't think Alex will" share" the title with anyone this year.

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

Agree this may be alexanders year IF they get past meigstheir will be no sharing the title.

I still think people may be suprised with this one i believe wellston can do it.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

The Rockets winning this game is not such an outlandish proposition.

I like the kids and staff in this program and what they have accomplished in 5 months or so...got to admit I am rooting hard here for the "underdog". Good luck Wellston.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

traffic8484 wrote:I don't think Alex will" share" the title with anyone this year.

Hope they don't

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Trenchfoot wrote:I'm with ya on that Raider. Athens runs away with this one, 2nd half.
Athens in a rout! :aaaaa8

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

82-7 Rocket Nation and first day of practice. What are you going to do about it?

On a completely separate topic and side not, what is with Logan posters and emojis, did they not have coloring class in Kindergarten at Logan-Hocking LSD or what. In English Class did they tell you that smiley/laughing/tongue faces help you actually make a point or what man?

Where is Paladin, is he still dressed in black and in mourning from the smackdown in L-town? He is usually good for the smiley face emoji with sunglasses, cause he is a cool kid and all...even though not such a good analyst.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Dandy Don wrote:82-7 Rocket Nation and first day of practice. What are you going to do about it?

On a completely separate topic and side not, what is with Logan posters and emojis, did they not have coloring class in Kindergarten at Logan-Hocking LSD or what. In English Class did they tell you that smiley/laughing/tongue faces help you actually make a point or what man?

Where is Paladin, is he still dressed in black and in mourning from the smackdown in L-town? He is usually good for the smiley face emoji with sunglasses, cause he is a cool kid and all...even though not such a good analyst.
:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa12 :aaaaa12 You ought to get you some good cheese with that whine, Jim Dandy!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

RAIDER6309 wrote:

You will get your wish. Saltzman at RB and Wiseman at QB will run on every play. I feel it will be close at half but I think Athens depth will be too much for Wellston in the second half
Athens 42
Wellston 21
Alexander beats you by 17 at your place and beats Wellston by 13 at their house.

I am not seeing the 21 point spread to be honest. But we will know in a couple days. Wellston nursing some dings, need to get everyone healthy for this one.

82-7 what you gonna do about it Rockets.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

[quote="Dandy Don"]82-7 Rocket Nation and first day of practice. What are you going to do about it?

On a completely separate topic and side not, what is with Logan posters and emojis, did they not have coloring class in Kindergarten at Logan-Hocking LSD or what. In Eng

Seems like handy dawn always brings up people using the smilies :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 must really get to them. :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 . Now isn't this :aaaaa47 have you clean up after game one where your rocket fell of it's pad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are just too easy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by noreply66 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:82-7 Rocket Nation and first day of practice. What are you going to do about it?

On a completely separate topic and side not, what is with Logan posters and emojis, did they not have coloring class in Kindergarten at Logan-Hocking LSD or what. In Eng

Seems like handy dawn always brings up people using the smilies :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 must really get to them. :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 . Now isn't this :aaaaa47 have you clean up after game one where your rocket fell of it's pad. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are just too east :lol: :lol: :lol:
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

Return to “Football”