Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Joe Burrow NFL Debut

Post by VetteMan »

The Cincinnati Bengals today signed G Alex Redmond to the practice squad. Redmond, (6'5", 320 lb.) a forth year player out of UCLA, originally was a free agent signee of the Bengals in 2016. He was with the Bengals through training camp of this year, before being waived on September 6th. He has played in 23 games for the Bengals, with 17 of those as a starter.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Bengals signed TE Mason Schreck today from the practice squad to the active roster. Schreck, (6'5", 252lb.) is a third-year player out of the University of Buffalo, and was originally a seventh round draft pick of the Bengals in 2017. He has played in eight career games for the Bengals. In a related move to this signing of Schreck, the Bengals have placed tight end C.J. Uzomah on the Reserve/Injured list.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Bengals travel this week to take on the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. The Bengals fell to 0-2 last Thursday, after suffering a 35-30 defeat at Cleveland. Even though the Eagles are also 0-2, they are a very dangerous football team. Joe Burrow said that he will never adjust to losing, it's just something that is not in my mindset. This will not be an easy game at all for the Bengals, as the Eagles are a much better team than what they have showed thus far.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced that they have promoted defensive tackle Kahili McKenzie from the practice squad to the active roster. The teams roster now stands at 54 players. The second-year player out of University of Tennessee signed onto the Bengals practice squad after not making the 53-player roster. McKenzie will automatically revert back to the practice squad on Monday.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Athens High School has officially completed the process of renaming the football teams stadium after Joe Burrow. The Athens City School Board made this their intention clear back in December, and has made it happen. Burrow last played there all of just six years ago, winning an Ohio Mr. Football Award, among many other accomplishments, including a National Championship and the Heisman Trophy as well. This one's probably got a special place in Burrow's heart, but he's not a stranger to having things named after him. He's also recently had a road named after him, and who could forget the baby giraffe named after him.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It was messy for both teams, and no one won. After the Philadelphia Eagles tied the game in the last 30 seconds of regulation, and forced overtime against the Cincinnati Bengals, neither team scored. The game ended in an always unsatisfying tie, 23-23. While Bengals QB Joe Burrow showed flashes of brilliance, throwing for 312 yards and two touchdowns, he showed remarkable resiliency when his "Swiss Cheese" offensive line allows him to take hit after hit throughout the game. Joe Burrow is pretty tough, he will have to be to survive the whole year playing behind that offensive line.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cincinnati Bengals didn't lose Sunday, but the 23-23 tie with the Philadelphia Eagles was just as difficult to take. QB Joe Burrow was sacked 8 times, as the offensive line still can't even give him time to look down the field. He still threw for 312 yards and 2 touchdowns, even with such pathetic blocking. The running game is virtually non-existent as well. Why would we even think that they could block for the run any better than they do for the pass ? I'll say one thing, the offensive line is consistent, they are consistently poor. Last year the offensive line was terrible, this year it's even worse.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I think Joe has the talent for sure to be a great QB in the league. Right now himself and Dwayne Haskins are in the the same boat. They both are on bad football teams

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow continues to rank among the very best from his draft class in 2020. Granted it's only three games into his debut season as the possible savior of the Bengals. But given some of the surrounding circumstances, his performance has been both encouraging and obviously deserving of a high grade. While the Bengals offense hasn't figured out how to get the deep-passing game going, and the offensive line continues to struggle big time, ( Also don't forget a defense that looks lost most of the time, superb very rarely ), Burrow has been good enough to slot as one of the five highest graded rookies so far at Pro Football Focus.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:26 pm Cincinnati Bengals QB Joe Burrow continues to rank among the very best from his draft class in 2020. Granted it's only three games into his debut season as the possible savior of the Bengals. But given some of the surrounding circumstances, his performance has been both encouraging and obviously deserving of a high grade. While the Bengals offense hasn't figured out how to get the deep-passing game going, and the offensive line continues to struggle big time, ( Also don't forget a defense that looks lost most of the time, superb very rarely ), Burrow has been good enough to slot as one of the five highest graded rookies so far at Pro Football Focus.

No doubt Joe is elite , All-World whatever you want to call it. He’s good. Period. If he don’t suffer a major injury behind the current Cincinnati O-Line. He will find himself a Super Bowl ring at some point. LSU performance last weekend sure showed how much they miss the kid from SEO.......

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Run for your life Joe that o-line is terrible, run for your first NFL win this week ??? Maybe?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Geno Adkins last played a game December 29th of last year. He will have to wait at least one more week to make his 2020 debut. The Pro Bowler returned to practice this week, his first practice since injuring his shoulder in training camp. He was limited in all three days of work. The Bengals have ruled him out of playing on Sunday.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced that running back Joe Mixon is a late addition to the Week-4 injury report as being listed as questionable. It's a seemingly random turn of events for the Bengals, who are already dealing with a new injury to Mike Daniels. I'm still wondering why they even signed Mike Daniels to begin with, his whole NFL career he has spent the majority of it on injured reserve. Joe Mixon has only 164 yards rushing, a 3.2 average per carry, behind no doubt one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, if not the worse.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Bengals have again called up players from the practice squad before a game, this time before Sunday's Week-4 encounter with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Bengals signed guard Alex Redmond and elevated Freedom Akinmoladun and Torry McTyer from the practice squad. In a corresponding move, they sent Mike Daniels to injured reserve. Redmond, as expected, is clearly the teams choice to start at right guard next to Bobby Hart.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Burrow gets his first win today

Was given the game ball.

And he puts it back in the bag of balls sayin
“It’s a good ball...hate to loose it...”

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Joe Burrow today picked up his first win as an NFL starter as the Bengals beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 33-25. He also made history in the process. Burrow completed 25-36 pass attempts for 300 yards with a touchdown and an interception in the win. It marked his third straight game with at least 300 yards, something no other rookie has ever done. On this Sunday, he got some much needed help on offense from running back Joe Mixon, who tallied 181 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns, helping push the Bengals into the win column for the first time. Through four games, Burrow is completing 65.5 % of his passes for an average of 280 yards per game while talling six touchdown passes and two interceptions. He's added 75 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Now he has his first NFL win, and for the first time in a long time, there's hope in Cincinnati. If Mixon can get just a little blocking, he can be one of the better running backs in the league. This is only one game, and I hope that I'm wrong, but I still think that the offensive line is still the main problem going forward. Has father time finally caught up to AJ Green, I think he caught the first reception from Burrow today for 3 yards, his only catch of the day.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:19 pm Joe Burrow today picked up his first win as an NFL starter as the Bengals beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 33-25. He also made history in the process. Burrow completed 25-36 pass attempts for 300 yards with a touchdown and an interception in the win. It marked his third straight game with at least 300 yards, something no other rookie has ever done. On this Sunday, he got some much needed help on offense from running back Joe Mixon, who tallied 181 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns, helping push the Bengals into the win column for the first time. Through four games, Burrow is completing 65.5 % of his passes for an average of 280 yards per game while talling six touchdown passes and two interceptions. He's added 75 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Now he has his first NFL win, and for the first time in a long time, there's hope in Cincinnati. If Mixon can get just a little blocking, he can be one of the better running backs in the league. This is only one game, and I hope that I'm wrong, but I still think that the offensive line is still the main problem going forward. Has father time finally caught up to AJ Green, I think he caught the first reception from Burrow today for 3 yards, his only catch of the day.

I agree with the statement of AJ Green. He is 110% behind Burrow. Green continues to give much praise to the rookie.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:19 pm Joe Burrow today picked up his first win as an NFL starter as the Bengals beat the Jacksonville Jaguars 33-25. He also made history in the process. Burrow completed 25-36 pass attempts for 300 yards with a touchdown and an interception in the win. It marked his third straight game with at least 300 yards, something no other rookie has ever done. On this Sunday, he got some much needed help on offense from running back Joe Mixon, who tallied 181 yards from scrimmage and three touchdowns, helping push the Bengals into the win column for the first time. Through four games, Burrow is completing 65.5 % of his passes for an average of 280 yards per game while talling six touchdown passes and two interceptions. He's added 75 yards and a touchdown on the ground. Now he has his first NFL win, and for the first time in a long time, there's hope in Cincinnati. If Mixon can get just a little blocking, he can be one of the better running backs in the league. This is only one game, and I hope that I'm wrong, but I still think that the offensive line is still the main problem going forward. Has father time finally caught up to AJ Green, I think he caught the first reception from Burrow today for 3 yards, his only catch of the day.

I agree with the statement of AJ Green. He is 110% behind Burrow. Green continues to give much praise to the rookie.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Bengals safety Jessie Bates is one of those players the team is going to have to start thinking about setting some big money aside for an extension at a later date. Bates has always had massive potential, but needed a combination of growth and better surroundings around him to really blossom. It appears now that he's getting both, as Bates has been one of the NFL's highest-graded safeties through four weeks, and he put an exclamation mark on that trend in Week 4, posting another grade of 86.5, and moving into first place outright at Pro Football Focus.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Re: Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

Post by PirateFan[69] »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:49 pm
Cowboy22 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:33 pm First of all don't say that Ohio State wasted him. It was Urban that wasted him. And yes he did lose his starting job to a broken hand but that doesn't explain why he didn't play the year before ahead of that thing that Urban Meyer called a quarterback wearing jersey number 16
You mean JT Barrett, the same quarterback that threw for over 64% completion, 35TD’s and over 3K yards his senior season? The same JT Barrett who became the first three-year captain in Ohio State history? I’m sure Urban had a pretty good read on who was more deserving to be the starting QB.

You’re clueless, and it shows.
Where's JT at now?

Return to “Football”