Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Justin Fields will have a better rookie season than Joe Burrow

Post by OHHS old timer »

Let's see here....yesterday....

Fields was 6 for 20....68 passing yards. Oh, he was sacked 7 times for - 67 yards. Net passing yards...1 yd.

I'm not a big NFL fan but I don't think Burrow had numbers that bad last year
Last edited by OHHS old timer on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:39 pm Let's see here....yesterday

Fields was 6 for 20....68 passing yards. Oh, he was sacked 7 times for - 67 yards. Net passing yards...1 yd.

I'm not a big NFL fan but I don't think Burrow had numbers that bad last year
Oh....

Chicago 6-26 Cleveland

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Cincinnati line didn't allow a sack against the Steelers. That is the kind of play Burrow needs.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yes their line looked so much better noreply. Of course the Steelers were missing Watt so that had to help. Did I see that was the first time the Steelers didn't get a sack in 75 games? I think they said that was an NFL record!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

As of weekend 10/10/21 Joe was far better than Justin has been. Stats and wins are different.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Burrow looks like a future NFL MVP. Fields will be lucky to have a job next year. Ohio State has always sucked at picking good QB’s. If Meyer would have started Burrow, OSU would have had the greatest college football dynasty of all time. OSU was just missing a great QB

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Somehow I knew you would chime in on this thread raider, lol. Even though it's still a little early for Fields I think this boxing match has ended with a knockout. Burrow was having a much better rookie year at this point and was flawless today except for the one pick of course.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:43 pm Somehow I knew you would chime in on this thread raider, lol. Even though it's still a little early for Fields I think this boxing match has ended with a knockout. Burrow was having a much better rookie year at this point and was flawless today except for the one pick of course.
And Fields is making the pro version of Dwayne Haskins look good. Fields has the physical tools, but the pro game speed and complexity is beyond Justin's grasp at the moment. That and Bears have a woeful o-line. Ohio State under Meyer and Day have produced great college QB's, but it makes you wonder if that success is more about the system and not the talent. Case in point Joe Burrow. He escaped Meyer and Day and is flourishing. Just something to think about.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Joe Burrow Question

Post by Ironman92 »

With the crazy Urban Meyer happenings in Jacksonville is there any truth to these: ?
98E4A375-EC7B-419A-BFC7-A9CE2AE1CF4C.png
Attachments
DA632DBF-B4B7-4A81-84E8-95DD75653C35.png

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Joe Burrow Question

Post by Raider6309 »

I have no clue. I wouldn’t be surprised. I know Urban didn’t like Burrow. Tom Herman wanted Burrow as the QB. It took Burrow two years to lose his black strips. Which makes no sense. Probably the biggest screw up in Ohio States history. OSU missed out on the greatest college football dynasty ever if they played Burrow

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Sad how an Ohio guy like urban didn’t want to put trust and faith into home grown talent. Happy joe had success at LSU and is has been healthy for this NFL season

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:21 pm I have no clue. I wouldn’t be surprised. I know Urban didn’t like Burrow. Tom Herman wanted Burrow as the QB. It took Burrow two years to lose his black strips. Which makes no sense. Probably the biggest screw up in Ohio States history. OSU missed out on the greatest college football dynasty ever if they played Burrow
Guy who would know told me that Urban was mad that Burrow wouldn't enroll early at tOSU his senior year of high school because Burrow wanted to play his senior year of basketball at Athens. Once Burrow got to Columbus in fall, Urban rarely gave him "no-contact" jerseys in practice while other qb's were protected. Said Burrow took hits in practice the other qb's didn't, but Burrow never complained once and his teammates ended up respecting him more for it. Just that guy's version of it, anyways.*

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

The turmoil for Meyer just keeps happenin…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

That Burrows boy has always been rutter tough

DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

Who knows, however think of this. Name the last QB that graduated from Ohio State to make it in the NFL? I mean play as starter in NFL, making contributions to their team and have a career. I am a huge Buckeye fan, but was scared to hear Burrow was enrolling there. QB get used up and die at Ohio State. Glad he moved on and played in system that set him up better for NFL.

I believe Day is setting up to put QB's in the NFL but time will tell.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The percentage of QBs going to the pros from college is very low for any team. OSU is more of an RB, LB, lineman school. There are quite a few QB that didn't catch on when drafted, but after being traded to a different system have become starters and even went on to become All Pro.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'd say Burrow's is too classy to speak publically about Meyer's. It would be interesting to know the inside scoop about his time at OSU, especially since Meyer's true color has seen the light of day. After seeing Meyer's fault everyone but himself with his debacle at Jacksonville, he has zero credibility in my eyes.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:52 pm The percentage of QBs going to the pros from college is very low for any team. OSU is more of an RB, LB, lineman school. There are quite a few QB that didn't catch on when drafted, but after being traded to a different system have become starters and even went on to become All Pro.
Just weird how OSU had a top 5 NFL QB, National Champ, Heisman winner, #1 pick, and doesn't play him over decent system QB's

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Meyer IMO was an overrated coach. He's a prissy acting moody jerk I would bet with some that knows him personally. He screwed up with Burrow being his second fiddle QB while at OSU. Meyer's true colors are not hard to see. What goes around comes around! :lol: ;)

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:32 pm Meyer IMO was an overrated coach. He's a prissy acting moody jerk I would bet with some that knows him personally. He screwed up with Burrow being his second fiddle QB while at OSU. Meyer's true colors are not hard to see. What goes around comes around! :lol: ;)
Hopefully Netflix does a documentary on that criminal Florida team

Return to “Football”