Joe Burrow- Athens, OSU, LSU, WHO DEY!

DWall216
Waterboy

Re: Joe Burrow Question

Post by DWall216 »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:52 pm The percentage of QBs going to the pros from college is very low for any team. OSU is more of an RB, LB, lineman school. There are quite a few QB that didn't catch on when drafted, but after being traded to a different system have become starters and even went on to become All Pro.

But none of the QB's in your statement were OSU Alumni.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

DWall216 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:42 pm
noreply66 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:52 pm The percentage of QBs going to the pros from college is very low for any team. OSU is more of an RB, LB, lineman school. There are quite a few QB that didn't catch on when drafted, but after being traded to a different system have become starters and even went on to become All Pro.

But none of the QB's in your statement were OSU Alumni.
I didn't mention any QBs in my statement. I mentioned college QBs going to the pros. Ohio State has had several that have gone to the pros. Might not have done too good, but they have had several drafted. My point is in the first line of my statement.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

"The percentage of QBs going to the pros from college is very low for any team."

I believe all the QB's in the NFL are from College. You made the dumbest statement ever.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

DWall216 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:05 am Who knows, however think of this. Name the last QB that graduated from Ohio State to make it in the NFL? I mean play as starter in NFL, making contributions to their team and have a career. I am a huge Buckeye fan, but was scared to hear Burrow was enrolling there. QB get used up and die at Ohio State. Glad he moved on and played in system that set him up better for NFL.

I believe Day is setting up to put QB's in the NFL but time will tell.
How about prison boy, Art? He played well until gambling caught up with him to end his career. With all the other players that came out of Ohio State and played in the NFL I really don't think they give a crap about how many QBs did this or that in the NFL. Ohio States numbers with players going and making in the NFL are one of the best, so who really gives a rat's butt about QBs. 8-)

luvtlm
Riding the Bench

Post by luvtlm »

DWall216 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:29 pm "The percentage of QBs going to the pros from college is very low for any team."

I believe all the QB's in the NFL are from College. You made the dumbest statement ever.
I'm going to help you understand what you referred to as the "dumbest statement ever"

There are approximately 130 D1 football programs in the country compared to 32 NFL teams. This equates to each individual College producing a very small percentage of the total number on an NFL roster.

Example, Marshall has produced an extremely low percentage of the total number of qb's to ever play in the NFL.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:16 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:32 pm Meyer IMO was an overrated coach. He's a prissy acting moody jerk I would bet with some that knows him personally. He screwed up with Burrow being his second fiddle QB while at OSU. Meyer's true colors are not hard to see. What goes around comes around! :lol: ;)
Hopefully Netflix does a documentary on that criminal Florida team
:D :lol:

DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:51 pm
DWall216 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:05 am Who knows, however think of this. Name the last QB that graduated from Ohio State to make it in the NFL? I mean play as starter in NFL, making contributions to their team and have a career. I am a huge Buckeye fan, but was scared to hear Burrow was enrolling there. QB get used up and die at Ohio State. Glad he moved on and played in system that set him up better for NFL.

How about prison boy, Art? He played well until gambling caught up with him to end his career. With all the other players that came out of Ohio State and played in the NFL I really don't think they give a crap about how many QBs did this or that in the NFL. Ohio States numbers with players going and making in the NFL are one of the best, so who really gives a rat's butt about QBs. 8-)
Which just goes to support what I stated. Ohio State does not produce QB's that make it in the NFL. So it was nice to see Burrow move to a program that set him up better for the move from College to Pros. If he stayed at Ohio State the outcome to the pro level may have been different. Not saying he would have not made it, just do not think he would have had the same start to his career.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

DWall216 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:46 pm

Which just goes to support what I stated. Ohio State does not produce QB's that make it in the NFL. So it was nice to see Burrow move to a program that set him up better for the move from College to Pros. If he stayed at Ohio State the outcome to the pro level may have been different. Not saying he would have not made it, just do not think he would have had the same start to his career.
How many colleges are known for being a college of NFL QBs?

DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:05 pm

Well that is interesting question. Currently it would be Oklahoma, Alabama. But over the years there has been alot of school to produce several QB's. UCLA, USC, Miami would have been the schools in the 70's and 80's. Michigan, BYU and Purdue have produced alot of QB's to have careers in NFL.

It may have been a certain decade, but there is always places in each decade that produce QB's at one place because of Coaching.

Ohio State never been one of those places. The only point I am trying to make.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

DWall216 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Well that is interesting question. Currently it would be Oklahoma, Alabama. But over the years there has been alot of school to produce several QB's. UCLA, USC, Miami would have been the schools in the 70's and 80's. Michigan, BYU and Purdue have produced alot of QB's to have careers in NFL.

It may have been a certain decade, but there is always places in each decade that produce QB's at one place because of Coaching.

Do you know over the last 40 years of all the schools you are mentioning none of them have had more QBs drafted than Ohio State. You talk about Purdue, where they have had only 5 QBs drafted going back to 1982 and Oklahoma 6....heck BYU has had only 8.

DWall216
Waterboy

Post by DWall216 »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:33 pm
DWall216 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Do you know over the last 40 years of all the schools you are mentioning none of them have had more QBs drafted than Ohio State. You talk about Purdue, where they have had only 5 QBs drafted going back to 1982 and Oklahoma 6....heck BYU has had only 8.
I know you looking to get the last word, so after this you can have it.

You provided my point again in my original post. Never said Ohio State did not have more QB drafted. I stated "make it in the NFL". Ohio State has had none, however the schools I mentioned have had QB make a career in the NFL. And there are plenty more schools that could be listed.

Again, my point was Ohio State does not produce QB that make it in the NFL.

Knock your self out with the last word. LOL!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thanks sweetie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I knew I was right to start with.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Burrows looked pretty good in the last game. Don't forget, his first three years were spent learning at tOSU. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Justin Fields will have a better rookie season than Joe Burrow

Post by noreply66 »

Well............How did it go?

Let's see the stats

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: Justin Fields will have a better rookie season than Joe Burrow

Post by Geronimo »

Why ?? Burrow turn the Cincinnati program around !!!there's more in a QB than just stats ? Team leader Burrow is that.

mattash
Site Admin

Who Dey…. Joe Burrow

Post by mattash »

Let’s get they first playoff win in 31 years

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Who Dey…. Joe Burrow

Post by noreply66 »

up 26/16

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Go Jeaux Burrows!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Burrow the man
Last edited by noreply66 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Glad to see the local end the drought

Return to “Football”