Waverly 37 Unioto 7

Rolltanks
All Conference

Waverly 37 Unioto 7

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly has had the tanks number. 3 years ago we played them tuff in a close game, then they blew us out. Last years game was close for most of the game but there big plays and quick scores have hurt us. The tanks haven’t lost a game at camp Sherman since waverly defeated them two years ago. Both teams come in with plenty of talent, but the tanks have failed to put things together on offense and special teams. I’m sure the tigers will be the heavy favorites, and we will have to play our best game in all areas to stay in this. Last years game had an exciting playoff type atmosphere and I look for the stadium to be packed. Any thoughts on the game, is there a way for the tanks to keep it close?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Wk3 waverly at Unioto

Post by smurray »

Looks like it will be a test of Waverlys high octane offense against Uniotos stout defense.
I thought ZT would bring the Tigers a better challenge than they saw in week 1 but Waverly cruised. If special teams is a weakness for Unioto they are in trouble. Waverly took it to ZT in that Dept.
Seeing Waverly in the scrimmage against Portsmouth and the first two weeks of the regular season I have to say this Tiger team is on track to be something special. The biggest question mark was how do you replace a Clayton Howell, how will sophomore Haydn Shanks handle the pressure under the lights. All I can say at this point is WOW. If this young man stays healthy, gets bigger and stronger and naturally better as he gains experience, he is going to be a very special QB. It does help when you have 5 very very good WR’s to throw to and two very good RB’s to get the ball to. Another question mark was the offensive line and man have they done their job...
Not sure how good or not so good the offenses for Piketon and ZT are but Waverly’s defense hasn’t been too shabby either.
Unioto’s offense hasn’t been anything to write home about but they should be better than what the Tigers have faced so far.
No predictions in this but if the Tigers stay healthy this week and stay focused they have to be the favorite...

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

waverly

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Waverly should take it unioto here offense is high octane and if unioto struggles at special teams that could be the deciding factor if this game is close but I don't think it will be

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Waverly completes the SVC sweep to start the season, Waverly by 3 scores

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

I like the Tigers in this one

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Running clock if Unioto turns the ball over.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

This will be one of the best week 3 match-ups in the area. Unioto is better than the 4 teams Waverly has faced in their scrimmages and games. I'm hearing chatter that the Tanks are favorites to win the SVC and some believe they will go 10-0. This game should be a dandy!

Waverly has looked good so far. The schedule gets much tougher from here on out. We'll need to be focused and play our best game so far. Can't wait for this one. The place will indeed be packed. Go Tigers!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

toast wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:49 am This will be one of the best week 3 match-ups in the area. Unioto is better than the 4 teams Waverly has faced in their scrimmages and games. I'm hearing chatter that the Tanks are favorites to win the SVC and some believe they will go 10-0. This game should be a dandy!

Waverly has looked good so far. The schedule gets much tougher from here on out. We'll need to be focused and play our best game so far. Can't wait for this one. The place will indeed be packed. Go Tigers!
I agree that camp Sherman will be packed for this one. It’s a big game for both schools and it will have a real playoff atmosphere. Hard to judge this one for me bother team has played anyone good yet. The tigers have looked real good while the tanks have made some mistakes on off and special teams. The tanks def is more set up to face spread teams but they have faced two power run teams with big fbs and have done very good. We will have to play our best to stay in this for sure. I also agree with your statement about the svc. It should be the tanks year and if we can somehow pull this out 10-0 is a real possibility. Roll tanks roll!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Waverly big.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How do Zane Trace & Piketon compare to Vinton County & McClain? Waverly with two explosive blow outs and Unioto with a close game with Vinton County (no score first half) and 34-6 over McClain. Anything to take away from that????

What is Unioto’s strength on Defense?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:16 pm How do Zane Trace & Piketon compare to Vinton County & McClain? Waverly with two explosive blow outs and Unioto with a close game with Vinton County (no score first half) and 34-6 over McClain. Anything to take away from that????

IMO of all those teams listed I feel like Vinton County is the best. McClain was bad, they scored on a kick return. Tanks have a long way to go on offense for sure. The def is really fast, 8 if 11 def players are sprinters on the track team. The size of wolf outside could be a concern as our corners aren’t very tall. Scaggs at safety is very good football player that hits hard. Honestly for the tanks to win I think it’s a 26-24 type game. My hope is we are in the game in the 4th. Waverly will most definitely score points, they have too many weapons. Key for us is to get some key stops and try and possess the ball. Of course we could be looking at a running clock idk. I feel like Unioto overall is better than last year, can we Mach up with them idk just have to play the game. Popular opinion has waverly just completely destroying us. Can happen but I don’t think it will, Metz is a good coach we will be ready.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:27 pm
smurray wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:16 pm How do Zane Trace & Piketon compare to Vinton County & McClain? Waverly with two explosive blow outs and Unioto with a close game with Vinton County (no score first half) and 34-6 over McClain. Anything to take away from that????

IMO of all those teams listed I feel like Vinton County is the best. McClain was bad, they scored on a kick return. Tanks have a long way to go on offense for sure. The def is really fast, 8 if 11 def players are sprinters on the track team. The size of wolf outside could be a concern as our corners aren’t very tall. Scaggs at safety is very good football player that hits hard. Honestly for the tanks to win I think it’s a 26-24 type game. My hope is we are in the game in the 4th. Waverly will most definitely score points, they have too many weapons. Key for us is to get some key stops and try and possess the ball. Of course we could be looking at a running clock idk. I feel like Unioto overall is better than last year, can we Mach up with them idk just have to play the game. Popular opinion has waverly just completely destroying us. Can happen but I don’t think it will, Metz is a good coach we will be ready.
Thanks

Doc
Waterboy

Post by Doc »

Is Waverly in the SVC now? They used to play Jackson and Wellston weeks 2 and 3, now they play SVC teams the first 3 weeks.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Doc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 pm Is Waverly in the SVC now? They used to play Jackson and Wellston weeks 2 and 3, now they play SVC teams the first 3 weeks.
Nope, still in the SOC2. Oak Hill joins the SOC2 next year so Waverly will have one less non league game to fill.
I believe Waverly has been trying to get into the SVC but no idea if that’s currently being considered by the league.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:31 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:27 pm Is Waverly in the SVC now? They used to play Jackson and Wellston weeks 2 and 3, now they play SVC teams the first 3 weeks.
Nope, still in the SOC2. Oak Hill joins the SOC2 next year so Waverly will have one less non league game to fill.
I believe Waverly has been trying to get into the SVC but no idea if that’s currently being considered by the league.
I'd hate to see that. I didn't like it when they left the SOC years ago and joined the SEOAL. Waverly was non competitive then and probably would have been non competitive in the SOC, but they would have won a good number of games had they stayed. I think where they are now just fits them nicely and will be better when another team is added to the SOC2 side of the conference.
Last edited by old benchwarmer on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Rolltanks wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:27 pm

The tip I will give unioto for special teams is don't kick it to #10 or it's a trip for 6 for waverly, shoemaker is an athlete

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Waverly on fire so far

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

VC has good size keeping the offense simple really with eye formation. Southeastern lost to VC last week but really owned the game just kept shooting themselves in the foot. McClain isn't very good, VC nowhere near the amount of speed waverly has because of their schedule VC is a .500 ballclub. Heard the back from Unioto is pretty darn good.

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

Does Waverly have any presale tickets for this game?

Return to “Football”