The Battle of Forked Run: Racine Southern @ Reedsville Eastern

Almost Champions
Freshman Team

The Battle of Forked Run: Racine Southern @ Reedsville Eastern

Post by Almost Champions »

Well let the trash talk begin before we break out the basketballs. This is the one game that even the most diehard Southern basketball fan wants the home team to win. Fans from both ends of the county! Who ya got!

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: The Battle of Forked Run: Racine Southern vs Reedsville Eastern

Post by VetteMan »

Is the game being played at Reedsville Eastern? Big game for both schools. I'll have to think this one over for awhile before picking who I think will win.I do think this one will be a very good close ballgame.

FarmerJohn61
Waterboy

Post by FarmerJohn61 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 am Is the game being played at Reedsville Eastern? Big game for both schools. I'll have to think this one over for awhile before picking who I think will win.I do think this one will be a very good close ballgame.
Yes the game is at Reedsville Eastern.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

I remember when it was a no brainer cause Eastern was dominating these games. Of course I was on the staff at Eastern at that time and we loved ringing the bell after the games. Then a few short years later Southern took control of the series for a while, so they were ringing the bell on a regular basis. I just happened to be coaching at Southern during that era. Then in a sudden twist of events, I ended up back at Eastern coaching and once again the Eagles took the reins back and dominated for a few years. So I've seen this series from both sides and know how heated of a rivalry it is. Now my little buddy is at the helm and though I'm no longer coaching I have to pull for him and the Eagles. I think they pull off a mild upset at home and spring board into a few years of domination over the Tomatoes. :mrgreen:

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Is there a stadium at Forked Run? Seems like that is where the game should be played. Plenty of open space near the park entrance.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: The Battle of Forked Run: Racine Southern @ Reedsville Eastern

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I hope Eastern wins so the "does" don't have to make a trip up here to c-bus and be beaten badly by Prep.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
baldeagle6
Waterboy

Post by baldeagle6 »

Eastern's defense is going to shut down the Tornado's offense. Eastern by two scores!

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

baldeagle6 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:42 pm Eastern's defense is going to shut down the Tornado's offense. Eastern by two scores!
Too bad you don't know anything about what a good defense takes. Stick to baseball.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I don't think Eastern has what it takes to top the Tornadoes. I also believe that Southern better relish in this victory, because it will probably be the last win over Eastern they get for the next 3-4 years. Southern is going to hit a dry spell of talent. Those classes that only fielded a junior high program of 11-12 players will be coming through the high school and will most definitely struggle.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm going to flip a coin, Heads- Southern, Tails- Eastern, It came up Heads, Southern in a very close game.

Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

I may give the lose of this game a gift and go back to coach there. I like a challenge. Might be able to make the lose into a basketball school.

Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

I hope Kaepernick shows up in this one to provide peace to both teams.

Donnie Hagglethorpe
Freshman Team

Post by Donnie Hagglethorpe »

When I played we rolled over the Tomatoes. I later became good buddies with Southerns best player but I have enjoyed letting Wade know who was better all those years.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

wowzer33 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:56 am
eagle25 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am I remember when it was a no brainer cause Eastern was dominating these games. Of course I was on the staff at Eastern at that time and we loved ringing the bell after the games. Then a few short years later Southern took control of the series for a while, so they were ringing the bell on a regular basis. I just happened to be coaching at Southern during that era. Then in a sudden twist of events, I ended up back at Eastern coaching and once again the Eagles took the reins back and dominated for a few years. So I've seen this series from both sides and know how heated of a rivalry it is. Now my little buddy is at the helm and though I'm no longer coaching I have to pull for him and the Eagles. I think they pull off a mild upset at home and spring board into a few years of domination over the Tomatoes. :mrgreen:
What year did you graduate and from which school?
Who said I graduated?

Whynotus18
Waterboy

Post by Whynotus18 »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:32 am
wowzer33 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:56 am
eagle25 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:34 am I remember when it was a no brainer cause Eastern was dominating these games. Of course I was on the staff at Eastern at that time and we loved ringing the bell after the games. Then a few short years later Southern took control of the series for a while, so they were ringing the bell on a regular basis. I just happened to be coaching at Southern during that era. Then in a sudden twist of events, I ended up back at Eastern coaching and once again the Eagles took the reins back and dominated for a few years. So I've seen this series from both sides and know how heated of a rivalry it is. Now my little buddy is at the helm and though I'm no longer coaching I have to pull for him and the Eagles. I think they pull off a mild upset at home and spring board into a few years of domination over the Tomatoes. :mrgreen:
What year did you graduate and from which school?
Who said I graduated?
yeah you do kind of sound like you got your GED.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Maxson with the game winner from 24.Eagles 17 Southern 15.Have some fun Seniors and make some plays.

FarmerJohn61
Waterboy

Post by FarmerJohn61 »

How is this even called the "Battle of Forked Run"? There is no doubt that Forked Run is in Eastern's district.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I have never heard it referred to as anything other than the rivalry.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

The reason forked Run is in eastern district is due to their early dominance in this series. The land was up for grabs and was given to the eagles because eastern key winning. It’s the reason my grandpa invented the wing t offense. He wanted to win the park back for the people of Portland. And his plan would have worked if it wasn’t for these rotten kids.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Eagles 14 Southern 6 ,2qt

Return to “Football”