Jackson Ironmen 2019

Vik
JV Team

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by Vik »

So jackson can run pass spread with dozens of playersto do it all and all unselfish. Sounds delusional.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vik wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm So jackson can run pass spread with dozens of playersto do it all and all unselfish. Sounds delusional.
The talent is there . I would hope all would buy in. If they do can have a very successful season and good experience. But with alota talent often comes alota egos . Hopefully they’ll check egos at the door . We’ll see

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm
Vik wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:19 pm So jackson can run pass spread with dozens of playersto do it all and all unselfish. Sounds delusional.
The talent is there . I would hope all would buy in. If they do can have a very successful season and good experience. But with alota talent often comes alota egos . Hopefully they’ll check egos at the door . We’ll see
Line better than last years?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vik wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm
Line better than last years?
Line will be fine .i would say yes . But time will tell.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

BillC wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm I think you guys are overlooking one main important thing. Icenhower is unquestionably the QB. He is far and away better prepared and skilled. But....if something were to happen injury wise, the freshman isn’t even the number 2 guy. Evan Spires is the number 2 qb and has really improved a lot this year. Look at the 7 on7s so far. He has far outperformed the freshman kid. He is cooler under pressure and is also certainty more accurate. The freshman kid threw more balls to the ground than receivers. I’m not trying to degrade anyone, but he’s a freshman and not even close to being ready. You guys need to chill out with your controversy talk because it ain’t there. I don’t think I’d be worrying too much about what the Gallia fans have to say because if you watched their performance up here at 7on 7,they have their own concerns to worry about all over the field.
Under pressure at a 7 on 7? Freshman kid not have a name? Do you know his name?? You don’t mean to degrade him but you snort and chide at him throwing more balls to the ground than to receivers. Sounds like you are degrading a bit to me. You guys got lucky against us last year that’s for darn sure!

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Anyone know who is coming to the 7on7 tonight?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Vik wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 pm
BillC wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:23 pm I think you guys are overlooking one main important thing. Icenhower is unquestionably the QB. He is far and away better prepared and skilled. But....if something were to happen injury wise, the freshman isn’t even the number 2 guy. Evan Spires is the number 2 qb and has really improved a lot this year. Look at the 7 on7s so far. He has far outperformed the freshman kid. He is cooler under pressure and is also certainty more accurate. The freshman kid threw more balls to the ground than receivers. I’m not trying to degrade anyone, but he’s a freshman and not even close to being ready. You guys need to chill out with your controversy talk because it ain’t there. I don’t think I’d be worrying too much about what the Gallia fans have to say because if you watched their performance up here at 7on 7,they have their own concerns to worry about all over the field.
Under pressure at a 7 on 7? Freshman kid not have a name? Do you know his name?? You don’t mean to degrade him but you snort and chide at him throwing more balls to the ground than to receivers. Sounds like you are degrading a bit to me. You guys got lucky against us last year that’s for darn sure!
Maybe luck but that rickety line ran the ball right down your throat 99 yards to win the game. Has your def line and linebackers gotten better . Ran same 2 plays and you still couldn’t stop it .

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

You’re funny. Poor little Gallipolis crying again. Is that all you people do? Wonder how many teams will be “lucky” against you this year?

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:54 am
Maybe luck but that rickety line ran the ball right down your throat 99 yards to win the game. Has your def line and linebackers gotten better . Ran same 2 plays and you still couldn’t stop it .
Let me apologize for I did not mean that last years Jackson line was poor I was trying to ask if improved form last year. I worded that bad. I hope Gallias dline is improved but happy with how they played last year

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:54 pm There is no QB controversy in Jackson. Jackson has 3 good QBs on their roster. The senior will play this year and do well. The other 2 will also contribute heavily to this team’s success . They are very talented kids. This team has many weapons and I’m sure all want the Ball and to get their stats . However there is only 1 football and I’m sure everyone will agree the main objection is to win football games. Jackson should be more than capable of passing the ball and running the ball. Should be more than capable of spreading it out and going heavy and pounding the Ball . Whatever it takes to win. Players have to do whatever is asked of them to help the Jackson Ironmen have success. There should Be no controversy about this years team. People can say what want in the privacy of their own home but please don’t let outsiders stir things on here. Jackson Ironmen football is bigger than any one player and always has been. The kids will run out of the helmet as 1 team with the JI on their helmet and it will take every player on the roster knowing their assignments and being prepared to do what it takes to execute that assignment. The entire Ironmen nation will be behind them and it will be a fun ride.
Very well said, Poo Bear.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

BillC wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:01 pm
You’re funny. Poor little Gallipolis crying again. Is that all you people do? Wonder how many teams will be “lucky” against you this year?
Your point is pleasant.

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Vik wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Your point is pleasant.
The cat is out of the bag now. lol

BillC
Riding the Bench

Post by BillC »

Shane Falco wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 pm
Vik wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 pm
Your point is pleasant.
Ok......

The cat is out of the bag now. lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who is at the 7 on 7 tonight? Is it in Jackson?

Dangerous temps!

Kcin2791
Waterboy

Post by Kcin2791 »

I think it’s Ashland, Symmes Valley, Piketon, Alexander, Portsmouth West.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Looked like everyone got some good work in. Didn’t see any injuries. It’s getting closer !

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Glad to hear no injuries in this weather no matter the type of game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

A lot of bright spots for Jackson. Excited to get the pads on and get this party started

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

Looked good tonight. A lot kids played. All three QBs looked really good. 4 weeks from today first scrimmage.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Sunoco wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 pm Looked good tonight. A lot kids played. All three QBs looked really good. 4 weeks from today first scrimmage.
Agreed all the kids did some good things.

Icenhower looks very good , can make all the throws , and looks very comfortable and confident.

Spires made some good reads and almost always makes the Right reads.

Winters , wow kid throws darts . Made some big time throws . To be so young he is confident throwing downfield or into traffic .

Prater is so smooth and makes hard catches look easy .

Winters as a reciever uses his big body and strong hands to go get the ball. Him and Ice look to be developing some chemistry

Dailey is a senior and looks to be more confident this year and is using his hands to go get the ball .

Davis at 6 5 should be a mismatch for any backer or safety.

Spires , though more Of a running back has real nice hands . I look for spires graham parks and Johnson to do more damage out of the backfield.

Don’t want to leave anyone out . All looked good. Take a week off and get ready to go for real.

Return to “Football”