St. Clairsville (47) @ Meigs (6)

tvc_fan
Varsity

St. Clairsville (47) @ Meigs (6)

Post by tvc_fan »

Thoughts?

Fonzie
S

Re: Week 2 St. Clairsville @ Meigs (Sat 9/2)

Post by Fonzie »

Meigs will be hurting with the loss of Helton and Mattox. Hope both get good news and have a chance of returning, but I wouldn't count on it.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 pm I know nothing about St. Clairsville, but I hope the Marauders win. Still think they are a better team mixing in the wildcat with Adams and Bartrum. More of that the whole season I say. Adams is the best player on the field for Meigs IMO.
I want what you're smoking. I think it's obvious you have something against Helton and Mattox....You seen them play a QUARTER before injury, how can you make that judgement. Ask anyone...Meigs chances would be better if they had Helton and Mattox, ask all the other players. You're seriously delusional making that assumption after watch 3 quarters of play against a Gallipolis team that had no film to watch.

I love Meigs and I will support them with whomever is on that field and I will cheer them to a victory, But we got lucky and came down with some catches in the closing of that game, maybe even a few calls went our way on those passes. We will see this week if we are a better team. I hope we pull it out for sure, but when you are missing 2 of the better athletes on Offense and Defense it makes a HUGE difference, Look at how it was different just last year when Bartrum went down.

You one crazy fool.

I do appreciate your prayers on facebook though Josh :)

outerbanksjake
JV Team

Post by outerbanksjake »

Not the same St C as the past six or seven years, but good enough to get this win.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

St. C lost to Carrolton 27-21 in the opener. I look for them to having a winning record, but they are not a powerhouse program now. However, they will handle Meigs.

Have gun, will travel
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:40 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:25 pm Update on injured players Zach Helton out with a broken collar bone

Christian Mattox out with possible MCL Damage

Both will be seen on Monday to see where it goes from there.

Great comeback Meigs!!! Still gonna be a tough year.

I will give Gallia credit, they were very well prepared and physical. However without the injuries I think our Offense would have got going. We was also missing starting center and guard.
I honestly think the offense clicked much better once the injuries happened. I think I'd look at playing Cox at QB regardless if the other two make it back or not. Not that he's better or gonna carry the team in his back, but he just fits. He gives you just enough. I think running Adams as QB was great too. The stars of the night got Meigs were their athletic receivers. They made plays. Plain and simple.
I am going off of what you had said in a previous topic...Meigs was better once the injuries happened...I would look at playing cox regardless if the other 2 make it back.

My take is you're saying the wildcat is the best for meigs, but you said meigs stars were the receivers...I don't think you know what you mean.

As far as one better then the other, I will just say this, I'd be okay with #10 and #11 taking half and half of the snaps, because they bring their own uniqueness and the options could be tremendous. #10 is better at certain things as is #11...Bottom line is...Meigs chances with them on that field is much better then them off.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Okay, so it ignited them so much they scored 8 points until the last 22 seconds of the game, in which was won by receivers bringing the catch down, keep backpeddling all you want. You can say the wildcat opened up the pass all you want, but EVERYONE knew that it was gonna be passes the whole field in the last series. It's not rocket science.

Meigs has MANY MANY very athletic kids. Look at it this way Adams, Bartrum, Baer or Adams, Bartrum, Baer, Helton, Mattox...tell me that Meigs is better with just 3 of the 5...I guarantee that Athens, NY, VC, RV, Alexander and Wellston would much rather face and prepare for just 3.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:45 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:37 pm Okay, so it ignited them so much they scored 8 points until the last 22 seconds of the game, in which was won by receivers bringing the catch down, keep backpeddling all you want. You can say the wildcat opened up the pass all you want, but EVERYONE knew that it was gonna be passes the whole field in the last series. It's not rocket science.

Meigs has MANY MANY very athletic kids. Look at it this way Adams, Bartrum, Baer or Adams, Bartrum, Baer, Helton, Mattox...tell me that Meigs is better with just 3 of the 5...I guarantee that Athens, NY, VC, RV, Alexander and Wellston would much rather face and prepare for just 3.
Totally not what I said. At no point did I say they are better with three of the five. I was mostly talking about the context of one game. I'm not going to argue with you. You aren't comprehending and apparently are taking things personally. You are right. They have many athletes. They'll do fine. Will you stop being such a baby about it?
Hummm, yeah okay, i just must be seeing all your posts wrong then. But seems like most the topics you post in are always containing arguments. Take the RV and Eastern topic about the NY/RV games..It was you argumentative in the RV and Gallia game. It's in your nature to just post poop to stir pots.

Yeah I will quit being a baby, but maybe sometimes you should keep your 2 cents out of discussions if it's gonna stir the pot!!!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I really am just curious how if you were coach, and you had meigs players, where would you play them, who would your starters be? Come on I'm curious.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:00 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 pm I really am just curious how if you were coach, and you had meigs players, where would you play them, who would your starters be? Come on I'm curious.
Leave then where they are at. Everything's goodd in Marauderland.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Meigs
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:03 pm Dude it wasn't personal. I have nothing against your kid. Seriously. I'm sorry if you think I do.
Seriously you contradict yourself, You seem to say it's not personal, but calling me a baby and saying I am always whining about coaching. Nope, not personal at all.

I know you have nothing personal against my boy, I know you know what athletes both Helton and Mattox are, because you have been around them for several years. But your comments on here sure seem different of how you support them in person or via facebook. You may not be cutting them down personally, but the comments saying meigs was better after the injuries is flat out bullshit. Flat out disrespectful to them being as how well you know them. Saying the team played better, when you have no idea how they would have played the last 3 quarters if they were in there, maybe they would have came back after adjustments as a team with them in. Point is 2 possessions maybe 3 with them in there. 1st game of the year. One was already out of the scrimmage and Jamboree game without any playing time...So without injury, I believe they would have adjusted and played better.

Return to “Football”