2019 Wellston Coaching Search

gator81
Freshman Team

Re: 2019 Wellston Coaching Search

Post by gator81 »

What does the upcoming junior varsity/varsity look like this year. Any stand out positions. What was the Jv wins/ losses in 2018?

2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

gator81 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 pm What does the upcoming junior varsity/varsity look like this year. Any stand out positions. What was the Jv wins/ losses in 2018?
The JV had some pretty good athletes. Unfortunately two of the 5-6 I expected to see on Friday nights will not be returning to my knowledge. 1 of them being the Mercer boy (due to knee issues) that really figured it out mid-way through the season at DB including a 4 int game against Athens I do believe. The other was a lineman with very good size with the last name Wilbur.

Besides that, Frisby should challenge for the starting QB spot in all honesty, he looked very comfortable and throws a good ball. The others should all serve in key role positions in rotations. Unsure of the record last year though.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Is it just me, or does this same thing happen every two or three years? Maybe that's the problem. :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

koondoger wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:41 pm Is it just me, or does this same thing happen every two or three years? Maybe that's the problem. :mrgreen:

100%

This is a revolving door job and to me , it will always be that.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
gator81
Freshman Team

Post by gator81 »

Wellstons revolving door system continues. Hope to see a long term commitment. The first two years the talent level was up , may have leveled out now. The Rockets may need a new look at the program short and long term .The house is built from the bottom up. The point is, talent is easily coached at that level. When that talent level changes but the coaches only make minor changes to position, game plan per opponent and no half time changes. The win/ loss percentage changes. Remember the house is from the bottom up. Good luck Rockets!!!

Return to “Football”