Logan football 2019

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Logan football 2019

Post by Orange and Brown »

Barber1973 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:10 pm What i saw is that logan nastys ate up NY. Bad thing about that is that trimble nastys r nastier then the chiefs. A lot of wrk 2 do up front for NY. Had sum injuries already not good
Everyone is fine. Not major injuries.
Give it a little time and the line will be fine.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Logan's line was impressive but still way too many mistakes before the trip to Dresden. Too many bad snaps, dropped passes, throwing dangerous passes into coverage, penalties and ect. Got to clean that up! The defense did seem to cover and tackle better in a limited sample size. Anyone know what the score was? When we left both offenses were struggling with only one score a piece.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

cbolt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:38 pm Logan's line was impressive but still way too many mistakes before the trip to Dresden. Too many bad snaps, dropped passes, throwing dangerous passes into coverage, penalties and ect. Got to clean that up! The defense did seem to cover and tackle better in a limited sample size. Anyone know what the score was? When we left both offenses were struggling with only one score a piece.
I think the Varsity was 2-1 NY and The Logan JV/Freshman won by 1.
I might be wrong because I don't keep track lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I heard 2-2, but as you O&B I don't pay much attention to scores in scrimmages anymore. I was there but the strong sun got me half sick and left early. The air wasn't too bad but that sun was killer. A beating sun. :lol: It was 1-1 when I left. Logan has some good sized young men. I was surprised and can see a difference. Ole Duck Dynasty Mike's workouts and style of coaching might be opening up the door to better times. Seem to be playing with more spunk and good attitude. Chiefs running game looks to be good. Moved the ball very well, but time will tell. If they play tough or win game #1 in Dresden things may turn around.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bout right, Bolt. It got to me pretty good. There was no escaping it the way it was shining down in NY''s ball field. It baked down on ya and was strong. Felt like it beat right through me. Weird for the sun to feel that strong at that time of day/evening.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:38 pm Bout right, Bolt. It got to me pretty good. There was no escaping it the way it was shining down in NY''s ball field. It baked down on ya and was strong. Felt like it beat right through me. Weird for the sun to feel that strong at that time of day/evening.
It's because the field is east/west.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm They looked good against a very strong NY tonight. Totally dominated them up front. And we’re athletic enough to contain the DI kid.
Keegan didn't play more than 8 plays tonight. Brandon Phillips (last year's leading receiver) has been out for a month and he should be ready to go this week. We also had a lineman at the fair selling his livestock.
Our line is young and inexperienced. 2 starters back. They are still coming together. They are a hard working group and will be ready week 1.
Nelsonville-York threw the ball a lot more than we normally plan to. That's what scrimmages are for though.
I was impressed with the nice crowd tonight. I love that so many showed up.
It’s good to be positive but after last nights scrimmage it will be very tough for NY to win their first 2 games. The NY line should be a strong spot, but they are not . NY returns 18 of the 22 starting positions. 2 of those spots were #70. It could be a very long season

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Was thinking about that while I was there O&B. Man the sun just set in the west and felt like it wasn't going down. :lol: Bout killed me. :lol: Went to use the restroom, and got a little break from it there, but I left not too long after that. Felt like I was going to throw up at times.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ArmChairQB wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:11 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm They looked good against a very strong NY tonight. Totally dominated them up front. And we’re athletic enough to contain the DI kid.
Keegan didn't play more than 8 plays tonight. Brandon Phillips (last year's leading receiver) has been out for a month and he should be ready to go this week. We also had a lineman at the fair selling his livestock.
Our line is young and inexperienced. 2 starters back. They are still coming together. They are a hard working group and will be ready week 1.
Nelsonville-York threw the ball a lot more than we normally plan to. That's what scrimmages are for though.
I was impressed with the nice crowd tonight. I love that so many showed up.
It’s good to be positive but after last nights scrimmage it will be very tough for NY to win their first 2 games. The NY line should be a strong spot, but they are not . NY returns 18 of the 22 starting positions. 2 of those spots were #70. It could be a very long season
How should the line be a Strong spot? We are replace 3 starters and we don't have any depth there...... The Oline is young. They will be fine. They have 3 weeks and will improve by the day.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley should be at about the same level as last year. Might not be as deep if injuries occur or guys wear down.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Whew boy, Logan got a lot of ground to make up is that's the case! Teach coach did they lose their starting QB? How many they got back?

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

They rotated 2 QBs last year. The better one (athlete) is back. TV played a lot of SO and JR at skill positions last year, so the vast majority of them returned. Only about half the linemen are returners. Last year they had 8-10 linemen to rotate without a huge drop off. Can't go real deep without a drop off this year.

The key to TV's success for a decade was a significant number of linemen bodies were available and made into strong linemen who could move and had solid technique. TV normally has very good to great players at the so-called skilled positions and that will continue. But the pipeline of linemen appears to be a much smaller stream.

TV should win 8-10 games this year and should make the playoffs and win a game or two.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Who did Logan lose from last year. It happens at every school each year, so I don't bank on that theory too hard. I can think of some, but don't know how many. Lost some good linebackers and a few linemen I believe. I bet Locos could tell us. Don't know how true it is, but early summer I heard one of the Ruff twins got hurt and might not play this year. I'm hoping that's false. The line looks big and mobile though from what I seen at NY. Some pretty big ole boys. I could really see a difference in playing attitude, but it's early, and was only a scrimmage. The mistakes needs to stop, or it will get them in trouble sooner or later. But that's what scrimmages are for to see where work needs to be done etc. Only time will tell, but from what I seen, duck dynasty Mike has them changed for the better a bit already. GO CHIEFS!!!

RNATION
Waterboy

Post by RNATION »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 am Anyone have any true numbers for the varsity? I can't seem to get a solid answer from asking people around town.
Varsity and JV total 42 and 9th grade 27

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I counted about 30 varsity players and around 20 dressed in all purple

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

If that is true it would be the smallest Logan team I can ever remember. :shock:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RNATION wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:30 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 am Anyone have any true numbers for the varsity? I can't seem to get a solid answer from asking people around town.
Varsity and JV total 42 and 9th grade 27
Nation, Had a chat today with an individual that is close to the program. You are correct. Thanks for the info.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:39 pm If that is true it would be the smallest Logan team I can ever remember. :shock:
Yep, pretty small count for varsity for a div 2, Bolt. 69 in all counting freshmen. Heard they might use a few of the frosh too.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:39 pm If that is true it would be the smallest Logan team I can ever remember. :shock:
Poo bear is a little off but close.

Return to “Football”