14th annual “Are power cleans good for footballers debate?

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Re: 14th annual “Are power cleans good for footballers debate?

Post by hardhitter ll »

Homie Chadwell wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm
Chief Kdogg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:17 am
Wings Teaford wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 am

Jus cause we don't do them powder clings don't mean we ain't liftin. I got them kids doin hemroids to the floor squats with house trailer axles on ther backs. Theys doin deadlifts by picking up the asss end of volkswagons. And they dragging downed trees with log chains. Thats a hole hunk better than them powder clings any day.
Are you for real? What the he11 are "powder clings"?
That’s the lift where you grab the weight and you just jump up in the air with it. We use it with them polymetrics. That’s why we dominate the boards
Yea, just "jump in the air with it." :lol:

What are "poly metrics"? Is that some new fangled math formula? :o

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Our basketball coach at Trimble did mention polymetrics at an early coaches meeting. It has something to do with jumping off boxes and over hurdles and stuff. It looks fun but not sure what it has to do with knocking the dog snot out of buckeyes.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

eagle25 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm glad Suthrn doesn't lift. :mrgreen:
Jus cause we don't do them powder clings don't mean we ain't liftin. I got them kids doin hemroids to the floor squats with house trailer axles on ther backs. Theys doin deadlifts by picking up the asss end of volkswagons. And they dragging downed trees with log chains. Thats a hole hunk better than them powder clings any day.
He11 I don't know what they are. We don't do them. Ask one of them Reedsville boys they do all those girly lifts. We don't mess with em.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:24 am

He11 I don't know what they are. We don't do them. Ask one of them Reedsville boys they do all those girly lifts. We don't mess with em.
They dont do girly lifts and they dont practice defending the hook and lateral. Cornerstones of a great program.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

PurplePower wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Yeah its never good to expect these lazy arse kids to actually work.
Looks like maybe those "powder clings" would have done them some good this season. Maybe try something different next year. :mrgreen:

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

Jim Ryan wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:08 pm I don't think forcing kids to lift weights is a good thing. Many coaches are against it, especially in basketball. This is part of what makes kids not want to play other sports.
If kids on a football team are not lifting weights, they will be a bad football team. So, would you rather have a bunch of kids who don't lift, or a group of kids that lift? Laughable statement. Also, if a kid is too lazy to lift 3-4 times a week with his team for and hour and a half, then he would be no good to play in a game.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

Yeah. They're cool. But you have to mix them in with other stuff. Simple physics. Work muscles differently.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:02 pm
Wings Teaford wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 am At Southern, we always did cleans but we did them with those kettle balls
What's are "kettle balls"? :mrgreen:
They don’t have any of them at Nungesters power shack do they? :lol:

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

eagle25 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Looks like maybe those "powder clings" would have done them some good this season. Maybe try something different next year. :mrgreen:
Nah, we'll just keep squattin till the hemorrhoids come out, I mean till the cows come home. Yea that to. :shock:

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:59 pm
eagle25 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:50 pm

Nah, we'll just keep squattin till the hemorrhoids come out, I mean till the cows come home. Yea that to. :shock:
Prolly get the same results then. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”