Waterboy

Re: Unioto/Amanda

Post by public_transport »

Unioto in a close game

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Me thinks Waverly will have scouts on hand for this matchup.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

This will be a very difficult game for the tanks. We have to clean up mistakes on offense. Amanda is very similar to us in terms of philosophy. I’m glad this is a home game. Hopefully we play our best game and stay injury free. Game two in a stretch of very tuff non conference games.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:06 am This will be a very difficult game for the tanks. We have to clean up mistakes on offense. Amanda is very similar to us in terms of philosophy. I’m glad this is a home game. Hopefully we play our best game and stay injury free. Game two in a stretch of very tuff non conference games.
You’re right. After watching film on Amanda they are a lot like us. I think we’re a little bigger up front than they are which should give us a edge. This game will come down to who executes better. Hopefully we stay healthy and win what should be an exciting game.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

big game for the U if they want to go to the playoffs going almost need an undefeated season to make it in DIII this year

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:53 pm big game for the U if they want to go to the playoffs going almost need an undefeated season to make it in DIII this year
Suppose to be the best Unioto team they've had in years. If a year is their year it would be this year. I can't believe Vinton County is improved that much but maybe they are....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:51 am Me thinks Waverly will have scouts on hand for this matchup.
Scouts in the stands and a lot of people with ears on this one.....

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

We played very good defense vs vc. They had two first downs in the second half. On offense penalties and bad snaps sacks hurt us. Jmar didn’t look 100 percent but we did pass well 150 yards is great for us in the air. We need to focus on us and fix some things but we will be ok. Waverly fans are putting lot of emphasis on our week three matchup and I’m not sure why we have yet to play with them. I do think this is the best Unioto team I’ve seen in years but that doesn’t mean we are at waverlys level at all.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:41 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:53 pm big game for the U if they want to go to the playoffs going almost need an undefeated season to make it in DIII this year
Suppose to be the best Unioto team they've had in years. If a year is their year it would be this year. I can't believe Vinton County is improved that much but maybe they are....
VC is big, dirty, and nasty up front Murray. They may not win a bunch but I think they’ll be in most of the games they play. I think a lot of people who set expectations for us this year expected jmar to be 100%. He is not but that doesn’t mean he can’t still be a very very good back. I just think it’s gonna take 3-4 weeks for him to develop that trust again with his knee. We also have a kid that’s playing QB that’s never played that position. Although he is dangerous behind center he is still a rookie at that position and it could take some time for everything to come together. Unfortunately our schedule doesn’t allow for that time so we’re gonna have to figure it out right now and I have full confidence in our players and staff that it’ll happen sooner than later.

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Amanda 35-14

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Amanda 34
unioto 21

Waverly will beat the U by at least 2 scores

U heads into Svc play 1-2

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Looks like another tough one for Unioto to start off the season, love the improved out of conference schedule. However, I think the Aces will be just to much for unioto aces by 3 scores 34-13. Unfortunately for Unioto even though you can only take 1 game at a time each of these non-conference games are huge given they've moved in DIII region 11. Just a tough region when you look at last years 8 seed, Athens finishing 9-1 with 19 computers points.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:00 am Looks like another tough one for Unioto to start off the season, love the improved out of conference schedule. However, I think the Aces will be just to much for unioto aces by 3 scores 34-13. Unfortunately for Unioto even though you can only take 1 game at a time each of these non-conference games are huge given they've moved in DIII region 11. Just a tough region when you look at last years 8 seed, Athens finishing 9-1 with 19 computers points.
I feel it is better to make the playoffs on merits and not on schedule. If we get in this year then we earned it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I just wanna win tonight

toast
All State

Post by toast »

This is one of the best match-ups in southern Ohio this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing the results and just how this plays out. I'm predicting a rather low scoring affair.

Can we expect Amanda to bring a big crowd?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

toast wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 am This is one of the best match-ups in southern Ohio this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing the results and just how this plays out. I'm predicting a rather low scoring affair.

Can we expect Amanda to bring a big crowd?
I would expect them to bring a big crowd they are one of the few southeastern teams that has a legit final four chance every year. Great tradition, I expect a playoff atmosphere at camp Sherman tonight hope we just play our best game. Win or lose I don’t want any ifs or buts after.

Return to “Football”