Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Athens
Gallia Academy
Waverly

Anyone you would like to add or subtract?

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Re: A new SEO Conference

Post by Happy McGavin »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm How about this:

Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Athens
Gallia Academy
Waverly

Would be one hell of a conference with tons of playoff points on the line

Its all in the hips
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Happy McGavin wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:32 pm
XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm How about this:

Wheelersburg
Ironton
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
Jackson
Athens
Gallia Academy
Waverly

Would be one hell of a conference with tons of playoff points on the line
Agreed. Very competitive.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

6 of those teams were in the old SEOAL. Leave West out , add Logan and it would be a good reincarnation for all sports with Burg added. Good 8 team league. (* Athens wouldn't buy in though)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:39 pm 6 of those teams were in the old SEOAL. Leave West out , add Logan and it would be a good reincarnation for all sports with Burg added. Good 8 team league. (* Athens wouldn't buy in though)
What would be the reason for leaving west out? They have been more competitive and more playoff appearances than waverly and portsmouth for the past 20 years.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

FTR - I like each team I listed being a part. And it leaves room for two solid O.O.C. games for each program.

Potential for tons of points and you would def be battle tested and ready for post season play. No easy weeks for sure. I think it would make for some compelling football.

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

And imo the gates would be handsome as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Competitively Athens fits good but they don’t look to belong at all logistically.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens is pretty far from those schools

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:39 pm 6 of those teams were in the old SEOAL. Leave West out , add Logan and it would be a good reincarnation for all sports with Burg added. Good 8 team league. (* Athens wouldn't buy in though)
What would be the reason for leaving west out? They have been more competitive and more playoff appearances than waverly and portsmouth for the past 20 years.
I just referenced the old SEOAL teams familier to me earlier + Logan and figuring in the points in football and competition they would bring being a larger school in other sports . If we're talking all sports combined (both boys/girls) for Waverly, Portsmouth and West how do they compare yearly against each other ? (Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Wrestling, Track etc.). I know West had some good softball teams and I've seen a few of their football playoff games. I personally don't know much of the West high school sports history like the other teams I mentioned above. Sell me on West !!!!!

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:35 pm Competitively Athens fits good but they don’t look to belong at all logistically.
Granted. I thought the aesthetic of traveling to Athens and vice versa every other would make for interesting theatre, but I also understand how it would be a difficult sell logistically.

That said, boy oh boy would it be a fun conference week in and week out!!!

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:08 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:19 pm
I just referenced the old SEOAL teams familier to me earlier + Logan and figuring in the points in football and competition they would bring being a larger school in other sports . If we're talking all sports combined (both boys/girls) for Waverly, Portsmouth and West how do they compare yearly against each other ? (Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Wrestling, Track etc.). I know West had some good softball teams and I've seen a few of their football playoff games. I personally don't know much of the West high school sports history like the other teams I mentioned above. Sell me on West !!!!!
As an athletic culture overall to the rest west is probably behind. Now if you compare between Portsmouth and Waverly I would probably still give the nod to portsmouth west. Historically looking at the softball program back into the mid 80s West probably has had as many regional and state championship appearances as anyone in southern ohio, (having no state titles) but a presence none the less. despite the last 5 years or so. Football it's always between west and burg for a conference title despite a dominance from valley in the early to mid 2000's.. Baseball has a good program. Golf is decent, volleyball and tennis bad. I think it would be an incredibly tough conference for them in any sport, but personally I would give the edge over Portsmouth and waverly at the least. As overall I think we would be better suited.
Last edited by SiderBlood on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Man, I love this idea. Swap Athens for Chillicothe, maybe? An hour's distance from Ptown, Ironton, West, and Burg, give or take. Hour from Gallipolis. Half hour from Jackson and Waverly. Competitive, year in and year out.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:51 am Man, I love this idea. Swap Athens for Chillicothe, maybe? An hour's distance from Ptown, Ironton, West, and Burg, give or take. Hour from Gallipolis. Half hour from Jackson and Waverly. Competitive, year in and year out.
I like this idea alot

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens left the SEAOL so they wouldn't have to travel to the Ohio River. Take them out. Chillicothe would be a good add. Add a couple more on the size of West and make ...East/West conference and they will come.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I've always thought there was a way to build a super conference that would benefit basically all schools. At first glance I'd look at something like this..

DIVISION 1

Jackson
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe

DIVISION 2

Portsmouth West
Portsmouth
Fairland
Valley
Minford
South Point

DIVISION 3

Symmes Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Northwest

DIVISION 4

Green
Notre Dame
East
Western
Eastern
Manchester

Division 1 is loaded and would be great for all teams. Still leaves plenty of Out-of-Conference games available to keep other rivalries alive.

Division 2 isn't too bad of a drive. Lucasville to Fairland wouldn't be the most fun, but with the bypass it has gotten quicker/better.

Division 3 is actually within close proximity to each other other than Northwest. This is about the only division competitively I can think about putting them in, although the drives definitely wouldn't be fun for NW.

Division 4 is small and with Western seemingly starting football all 6 schools should be up and running by next season (or the year after). The drives here aren't as ideal but heck the SOC 1 is already widely dispersed anyway with the Pike County Schools and Symmes Valley.

Obviously this needs some resurrecting but as a basic outline it's not the worst idea you'll see today.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 am I've always thought there was a way to build a super conference that would benefit basically all schools. At first glance I'd look at something like this..

DIVISION 1

Jackson
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe

DIVISION 2

Portsmouth West
Portsmouth
Fairland
Valley
Minford
South Point

DIVISION 3

Symmes Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Northwest

DIVISION 4

Green
Notre Dame
East
Western
Eastern
Manchester

Division 1 is loaded and would be great for all teams. Still leaves plenty of Out-of-Conference games available to keep other rivalries alive.

Division 2 isn't too bad of a drive. Lucasville to Fairland wouldn't be the most fun, but with the bypass it has gotten quicker/better.

Division 3 is actually within close proximity to each other other than Northwest. This is about the only division competitively I can think about putting them in, although the drives definitely wouldn't be fun for NW.

Division 4 is small and with Western seemingly starting football all 6 schools should be up and running by next season (or the year after). The drives here aren't as ideal but heck the SOC 1 is already widely dispersed anyway with the Pike County Schools and Symmes Valley.

Obviously this needs some resurrecting but as a basic outline it's not the worst idea you'll see today.
The division 4 group would need to find two other schools, as Manchester is said to be joining the rest of the Adams county schools who are starting up football. Also believe Western shut down football at least for this year.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:19 am I've always thought there was a way to build a super conference that would benefit basically all schools. At first glance I'd look at something like this..

DIVISION 1

Jackson
Wheelersburg
Ironton
Waverly
Gallia Academy
Chillicothe

DIVISION 2

Portsmouth West
Portsmouth
Fairland
Valley
Minford
South Point

DIVISION 3

Symmes Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Coal Grove
Chesapeake
Northwest

DIVISION 4

Green
Notre Dame
East
Western
Eastern
Manchester

I think I like this idea even more

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Rumors are flying that the SVC may expand.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Bozo wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:54 pm Rumors are flying that the SVC may expand.

My question is to who are they wanting in the league it’s fine as is

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”