Unioto 41 Waverly 14

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Unioto 41 Waverly 14

Post by mlittle »

football87 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:30 am A little late on this one... but can't stand when we blame coaching when 2/3 of Waverly's best players Shanks and Wolfe are banged up like they are. Shoemaker has been phenominal, but we need a solid passing game, and Shanks is our only QB that can win us a game against any solid team. We don't have as much overall talent as we've been used to. I think it's a good sign that Unioto players felt like they won the super bowl after beating Waverly, tells you where this program is going. I never imagined Unioto would, as I heard from a post game interview "dream about winning this game all week" :lol:
It also shows you where Unioto’s program is going as well. That was a big game for these kids. And that was my son that made those comments post game. To me that shows how focused and determined not only he but our entire team was for that moment. If all your kids and coaches were that focused maybe this would’ve been a closer game.

It’s a lot funnier losing than it is to dream about winning

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I hope our guys dream of beating every team we play all week. As others have pointed out this post is a joke. I’m not sure why you put down your team and our guys for being excited about possibly the biggest win in program history

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Rolltanks wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 am I hope our guys dream of beating every team we play all week. As others have pointed out this post is a joke. I’m not sure why you put down your team and our guys for being excited about possibly the biggest win in program history
Unioto and their community should be proud of what their boys and coaches did last Friday. Having gone to all of Waverlys games in recent years and being close to the program I do believe before the season when big injuries hit and the truth that this team was going to be very young, the expectations didn't match the reality of the situation. Given injures and youth, is this team close or better than the Waverly teams the past three years? Not at all. Once they are able to get fully healthy and experience, they could possibly be very very good. But not right now. My guess is just in most people's eyes from Unioto it was the biggest win in program history, which may be true. And in most Waverly people's eyes, they don't get how it was such a huge victory given the current circumstances of the team and Unioto having a solid team.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

I guess we have different point of views... which is fine. Youns can bash me all you want, but I respect your opinion and understand yalls POV. To clarify, I was not mocking any kids, and the point of bringing up the interview was to simply show Waverly's progress. A few years ago, it was Unioto talking smack all week, like it was an easy win and no big deal, and how the U players view this game now. I will also give credit to Unioto's progress.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

6051 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:44 am I agree with Greygoose on that! Crazy post! You must not know many of the players on that team! There’s lots of talent. If we had some better planning and just a little play calling there wouldn’t be an issue.
I do know there is a lot of talent on the team. Just stated that when most of it is injured, it's hard to win games against teams like Unioto.

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

football87 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:10 pm I guess we have different point of views... which is fine. Youns can bash me all you want, but I respect your opinion and understand yalls POV. To clarify, I was not mocking any kids, and the point of bringing up the interview was to simply show Waverly's progress. A few years ago, it was Unioto talking smack all week, like it was an easy win and no big deal, and how the U players view this game now. I will also give credit to Unioto's progress.
and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was a Unioto QB who said something on the radio a few years back within the lines of "this will be an easy win".. So it's not like Unioto has felt like they weren't a top notch program, which confuses me why it was such an amazing win this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

You basically said if shanks is out there isn’t another kid on the roster that can win a game at qb. Pretty wild statement.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Unioto thinks waverly is an easy win lol. I don’t know if you are a troll or what. Unioto has only recently had winning records. We are not and have never been in a position to view waverly as an easy win. I have no idea what you are talking about.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

football87 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:17 pm
football87 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:10 pm I guess we have different point of views... which is fine. Youns can bash me all you want, but I respect your opinion and understand yalls POV. To clarify, I was not mocking any kids, and the point of bringing up the interview was to simply show Waverly's progress. A few years ago, it was Unioto talking smack all week, like it was an easy win and no big deal, and how the U players view this game now. I will also give credit to Unioto's progress.
and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was a Unioto QB who said something on the radio a few years back within the lines of "this will be an easy win".. So it's not like Unioto has felt like they weren't a top notch program, which confuses me why it was such an amazing win this year.
Wouldn’t know. My kid was at piketon also getting his brains beat in by Waverly every year. May be why this one felt so good to him 🤷‍♂️ Maybe it was the fact that nobody In the entire se district gave unioto a snowballs chance in this game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It’s time for Friday night football and these two teams have moved on. They both face opponents not called Waverly or Unioto tonight.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

football87 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:14 pm
6051 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:44 am I agree with Greygoose on that! Crazy post! You must not know many of the players on that team! There’s lots of talent. If we had some better planning and just a little play calling there wouldn’t be an issue.
I do know there is a lot of talent on the team. Just stated that when most of it is injured, it's hard to win games against teams like Unioto.
That's not what you said though, you said with shanks not at QB Waverly won't beat any quality team because there's no other QB that can. It also takes away from Unioto getting the win, don't make excuses, injuries happen Waverly had shoemaker around 200. Waverly had to many turnovers, didn't convert in the red zone, and part of that has been on playcalling. Unioto stepped up made plays when it needed to and played a complete 4 quarter game. Shanks doesn't play defense, so when playerrs are out defense has to be more stout can't give up 41. I know that's a little misleading with the points but didn't step up and make a play when it was needed and Unioto defense did.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

football87 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:17 pm
A 41-14 smackdown is an amazing win any week against any team.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Wow surprised

Return to “Football”