Unioto 41 Waverly 14

Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: WK3 - Unioto (1-1) @ Waverly (2-0)

Post by Rolltanks »

mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm It’s Thursday, game eve - and it’s been a hot week. With the heat have teams been able to practice as usual?
Our practice schedule hasn’t changed due to the heat. Heard you guys were going in the mornings
Man that would be nice idk if we could get lights turned on for our guys lol

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 pm Finally got a look at the tigers, and this years team seems to throw more fades. Looked like the completion percentage is down in favor of the deep ball. Tailback is still a monster. We need to play a perfect game to have a shot. Hopefully we are in the game at the end.
I would say you are correct based on the game at ZT. Passing % down for sure and much of that can be attributed to Shanks being sidelined for 3 weeks before the Athens game and still not 100% and not having Wolf available until last week and not near 100%. I think the deep ball was thrown so much against ZT due to the fact they couldn’t cover the deep ball against Tiger receivers. Hopefully Shanks is ready to go, Wolf is closer to 100% than he was last Friday and everyone else is healthy (haven’t heard about Swepston’s status).

I think a huge huge factor will be the heat (air temp & humidity) being played on the turf field. Waverly plays on it every day (both games have been on turf) while Unioto has yet to set foot on turf this season. It’s a whole different feel on turf. If Unioto isn’t well conditioned they could fatigue much quicker and face cramping.....

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm It’s Thursday, game eve - and it’s been a hot week. With the heat have teams been able to practice as usual?
Our practice schedule hasn’t changed due to the heat. Heard you guys were going in the mornings
Ya, not sure how many days - yesterday & today possibly. I think I heard possibly doing a short walk through this evening.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:39 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 pm Finally got a look at the tigers, and this years team seems to throw more fades. Looked like the completion percentage is down in favor of the deep ball. Tailback is still a monster. We need to play a perfect game to have a shot. Hopefully we are in the game at the end.
I would say you are correct based on the game at ZT. Passing % down for sure and much of that can be attributed to Shanks being sidelined for 3 weeks before the Athens game and still not 100% and not having Wolf available until last week and not near 100%. I think the deep ball was thrown so much against ZT due to the fact they couldn’t cover the deep ball against Tiger receivers. Hopefully Shanks is ready to go, Wolf is closer to 100% than he was last Friday and everyone else is healthy (haven’t heard about Swepston’s status).

I think a huge huge factor will be the heat (air temp & humidity) being played on the turf field. Waverly plays on it every day (both games have been on turf) while Unioto has yet to set foot on turf this season. It’s a whole different feel on turf. If Unioto isn’t well conditioned they could fatigue much quicker and face cramping.....
I think the cramping issues have more to do with hydration than conditioning

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I know Waverly practiced in the morning yesterday and Tuesday. Not sure about today. The heat has caused some real problem this week. Causing a soccer game to be cancelled and limited practice times for other sports. This is all per the trainer.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I know it gets a little toasty on that turf. I was out on it for a pee wee game right after it was installed and I’m pretty sure my shoes melted

toast
All State

Post by toast »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:23 am I honestly think this is going to be a great game. Carroll is a monster, and although I don't know much about Little as a QB, I do know he's a fine athlete and competitor. Last year we couldn't stop Carroll even though we knew he was getting the ball. In fact, if Unioto NEVER throws the ball at all last year, I think they win. We picked them off before halftime in the red zone after they crammed it down our throat all the way down the field, and then Shoe had a pick six late to seal it.
Good post. Most would be in agreement I'm sure.

Safe to say Waverly's run defense will be in the spotlight tomorrow night. We'll need to play with a lot of energy and determination if we plan on slowing down the Sherman's ground game. This will be a physical contest.

This one goes down to the wire. Go Tigers!!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I keep coming back to this game because for some reason I think it is going to be a great game. On paper, Unioto offense doesn't measure up but I just have a feeling. Maybe i’m wrong but pulling for the SVC.

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Week 3 - Unioto (1-1) at Waverly (2-0)

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:11 pm Unioto is really struggling offensively, I don't know that Carroll is 100% and that's why he's not getting the ball enough or what. I listened to the Amanda and Unioto game and it was close up until the 4th quarter. However, going into that quarter Amanda had committed 4 turnovers through the first 3 quarters of play, Aces were also able to run the ball with success as well. I think the 4th quarter was more of an indication how the game could've been much worse had Amanda played sound ball for the first 3 quarters. Waverly struggled early with ZT but poured it on late, was that because they were coming off a big win against Athens and just had a lull because of the youth?? I think we'll know more about Waverly after they take on Unioto. For Unioto this is a game where they can't fall behind early because they simply can't sit back and throw the ball to get back into it they have to keep a balance. I think this game could be close early and a big turnover or special teams play puts waverly on a run to end it. I'll take waverly by 3 scores.
Not that I’m completely disagreeing with or that it really even matters because we lost regardless but I want to point out the turnover ratio was even at 4 and unioto committed the most costly turnover in that game on Amanda’s 30 yard line down 17-14 in the 4th

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not sure the age of some of the Waverly posters but want to pass along that former player for the great teams in the late 60’s Ted Downing is in very critical condition after back surgery and followed blood clots. He is on life support and really needs everyone's prayers.

Ted is the superintendent at my school (Whiteoak) Bright Local Schools. He’s done a tremendous job his 3+ years with us. He’s in his 46th year of education. Was McClain’s coach before Van Meter and coached baseball at Eastern Brown. Has officiated volleyball state finals.....he’s done it all. Put him and his family in your prayers.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dang. Best wishes to him. Hope everything works out

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Prayers for Ted.....

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 3 - Unioto (1-1) at Waverly (2-0)

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:51 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:11 pm Unioto is really struggling offensively, I don't know that Carroll is 100% and that's why he's not getting the ball enough or what. I listened to the Amanda and Unioto game and it was close up until the 4th quarter. However, going into that quarter Amanda had committed 4 turnovers through the first 3 quarters of play, Aces were also able to run the ball with success as well. I think the 4th quarter was more of an indication how the game could've been much worse had Amanda played sound ball for the first 3 quarters. Waverly struggled early with ZT but poured it on late, was that because they were coming off a big win against Athens and just had a lull because of the youth?? I think we'll know more about Waverly after they take on Unioto. For Unioto this is a game where they can't fall behind early because they simply can't sit back and throw the ball to get back into it they have to keep a balance. I think this game could be close early and a big turnover or special teams play puts waverly on a run to end it. I'll take waverly by 3 scores.
Not that I’m completely disagreeing with or that it really even matters because we lost regardless but I want to point out the turnover ratio was even at 4 and unioto committed the most costly turnover in that game on Amanda’s 30 yard line down 17-14 in the 4th
You are correct in the end it evened itself out. However after 3 quarters Aces had 4 turnovers to Unioto 2 going into that final quarter. Then the biggest Unioto turnover occurred in the 4th and backup QB threw an interception in the end. Aces not taking care of the ball early kept the game close, case in point zero turnovers in the 4th as they pulled away in the 4th.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Where is mlittle’s score prediction on this one?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hbk1999 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 pm Where is mlittle’s score prediction on this one?
Piketon by threve

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 pm Where is mlittle’s score prediction on this one?
I’m just taking everything in before I make my prediction. I think the first team to 30 wins. Just haven’t decided which score to predict. As you know I take these predictions very serious and want to make sure I’m giving this game its due respect, instead of just just blurting out a prediction

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Prayers for Ted and his family.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Nearing game time.... Looks like it will be around 91 degrees at 6:00p.m. and around 87 at kickoff.
Possible storms moving in sometime between 9:00-10:00 with higher possibility of storms later.

Needless to say it’s going to be hot hot hot.......
I know mlittle said cramping has more to do with hydration and that’s true but this heat is brutal and leads to hydration problems.

No idea how to predict this one - I think it comes down to Waverly’s offensive line blocking and Waverly’s ability to stop the run.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:20 pm Nearing game time.... Looks like it will be around 91 degrees at 6:00p.m. and around 87 at kickoff.
Possible storms moving in sometime between 9:00-10:00 with higher possibility of storms later.

Needless to say it’s going to be hot hot hot.......
I know mlittle said cramping has more to do with hydration and that’s true but this heat is brutal and leads to hydration problems.

No idea how to predict this one - I think it comes down to Waverly’s offensive line blocking and Waverly’s ability to stop the run.
Yes, it’s going to be hot on that field. Hope everyone stays safe and gets plenty of fluids before game time.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

Anyone have a injury report on tigers.

I did talk to Earl, last year senior who is now helping the coaches said Brown has started practicing and he thinks his brother will play limited due to last week injury.

Return to “Football”