Trimble 34 - 6 Worthington Christian

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: WK5 Trimble Outscoring 174-0.... 9/27 Trimble v (3-1) Worthington Christian

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Yep, WC head coach Jeff Hartings played at St. Henry with Bobby Hoying, played at Penn State for Joe Pa and 11 years in NFL with Lions and Steelers and has a Super Bowl ring. WC won't win this game but It's an upstart program that's getting better. This coach has a few bigger career wins in his playing career than Phil has coaching at Trimble. 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble probably wins big but the big question is, can WC score a single point? They might have a good kicker

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Why all these demands from Worthington Christian. I am sorry but last I knew they were no better than anyone else. Hmm can someone enlighten me why they think they deserve the golden treatment???

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:49 am Why all these demands from Worthington Christian. I am sorry but last I knew they were no better than anyone else. Hmm can someone enlighten me why they think they deserve the golden treatment???
Thats fine let them have there demands that just ignites a bigger fire for the Tomcats.

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:49 am Why all these demands from Worthington Christian. I am sorry but last I knew they were no better than anyone else. Hmm can someone enlighten me why they think they deserve the golden treatment???
Probably don't want to have to use a baseball dugout for their locker room. Little do they know the dugout is a huge step up from the mold covered rat infested locker room Thimble use to stick the visiting team in. Personally I always loved that dungeon, but I know those softies from Racine refused to use it. :mrgreen:

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:28 am
Probably don't want to have to use a baseball dugout for their locker room. Little do they know the dugout is a huge step up from the mold covered rat infested locker room Thimble use to stick the visiting team in. Personally I always loved that dungeon, but I know those softies from Racine refused to use it. :mrgreen:
They have a very nice tent with chairs and lights!! Eastern used the tent I was there and seen them! We have a very nice new facility and the next phase I’m sure is locker rooms! They are always asked to use the schools visitors locker room!

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Although the demands are kind of ridiculous, that was the agreement that was made for them to come to Glouster. Won't matter, bulletin board material for our kids.

Its all in the hips
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Is it true they don’t want Trimble to do their entrance because it’s too intimidating :lol:

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm
They have a very nice tent with chairs and lights!! Eastern used the tent I was there and seen them! We have a very nice new facility and the next phase I’m sure is locker rooms! They are always asked to use the schools visitors locker room!
I like the tent. Makes the players feel like they are camping out. But having he pee wee players throwing rocks on top of it wasn't too cool. :lol:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SportsFan101
Freshman Team

Post by SportsFan101 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:31 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:05 pm

I like the tent. Makes the players feel like they are camping out. But having he pee wee players throwing rocks on top of it wasn't too cool. :lol:
‘We might have pulled the upset off, if it weren’t for those dang meddling kids!!!’

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

My guess is this game will be similar to last year’s playoff tilt w/ FC. It’ll be respectably close for a half or so, not because of Trimble and WC/FC being two similar caliber teams but because the visiting team will have a wrinkle Trimble doesn’t see often. Last year it was the mountain range of linemen we had, but Trimble was able to wear them down as the game went further on. This year it’s a particularly gifted QB-WR battery on offense. I don’t anticipate WC being as big or physical as we were in the trenches but they’re a lot more finesse and have proven to be decently successful with that finesse. I still expect Trimble to be well-prepared and able to adjust as such if WC proves capable of driving down the field and sizing up on defense, not unlike last year.

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:27 pm Is it true they don’t want Trimble to do their entrance because it’s too intimidating :lol:
lol, haven't heard that one, did hear that they are being dropped off at the stadium because they don't want to walk across the bridge and that they requested and are getting the boys scout building as locker room and Trimble will use the baseball dugout/tent as theirs

Its all in the hips
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I don’t mind that. They are traveling 90 minutes. I remember even Logan, Gallia, Marietta, and Warren had no real locker rooms for the longest time

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Happy McGavin wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:27 pm Is it true they don’t want Trimble to do their entrance because it’s too intimidating :lol:
lol, haven't heard that one, did hear that they are being dropped off at the stadium because they don't want to walk across the bridge and that they requested and are getting the boys scout building as locker room and Trimble will use the baseball dugout/tent as theirs
Be careful saying that they're using the dugout as a locker room. Ole Tomcat82 gets all butt hurt when someone says that. :mrgreen:

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

eagle25 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:18 pm
Happy McGavin wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 pm
Be careful saying that they're using the dugout as a locker room. Ole Tomcat82 gets all butt hurt when someone says that. :mrgreen:
IDC if they go in the dugout, but that was not the case. There was a very nice tent with chairs and lighting. They had the option like everyone else does to go to the schools visitor locker room. Our boys will feel right at home heck they do not care where there locker room is !!!

100% Tomcat
Waterboy

Post by 100% Tomcat »

Trimble offers perfectly fine locker rooms with showers. The visiting teams are too lazy to make the 150 yard walk back to the school. We made the State Semi Final game several years ago and had to walk farther to our locker rooms for that game. We offer the tent area so teams that are too lazy can have a place to at least sit and get some rest. They have made certain requests for the tent area and they have been taken care of. We have lighting, we ran power over to the tent area so they can operate their tv monitors at halftime and all the chairs are set up so the kids will be able to relax at halftime. Can t wait to see our kids go out and play this game......gonna be a hard hitting night in Glouster!

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt‘ssssssssssssssssss TIME!!
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:02 pm
Yep, WC head coach Jeff Hartings played at St. Henry with Bobby Hoying, played at Penn State for Joe Pa and 11 years in NFL with Lions and Steelers and has a Super Bowl ring. WC won't win this game but It's an upstart program that's getting better. This coach has a few bigger career wins in his playing career than Phil has coaching at Trimble. 8-)
That st Henry teams was the best Mac team ever. Harding’s was a beast and hoying was one of the top 5 all time players I’ve ever seen.

Return to “Football”