Jackson 35 - 15 Wheelersburg

scott1297
All Conference

Re: WK5 JACKSON. vs THA BURG ‘19

Post by scott1297 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am Eastwood has the running back that played in state championship and he’s now a senior. I can see how they’d be a contender
It also has Oak Harbor, Marion Pleasant and Lutheran East. Strong region
Kirtland in region 17 is the team to look out for in DV . They moved from DVI to DV this year IMO will go undefeated and win state.

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Glad Ruby is back on offense this week he is a difference maker. Too bad he can't play defense Burg could sure use him in the secondary. Go Burg! Alumni stadium is a great place to watch a game the visiting stands are great. Just hope for an injury free game and a Burg victory!

Burg grad 85
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Iron sharpens iron

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:01 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am Eastwood has the running back that played in state championship and he’s now a senior. I can see how they’d be a contender
It also has Oak Harbor, Marion Pleasant and Lutheran East. Strong region
Kirtland in region 17 is the team to look out for in DV . They moved from DVI to DV this year IMO will go undefeated and win state.

Kirtland tough.....always has been......good football product in that part

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
footballguy11
Waterboy

Post by footballguy11 »

Burg will hold there own against Jackson Jackson hasn't played anyone yet that gives them a test

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I’ll be shocked if burg loses this game.

ballplayer1992
Freshman Team

Post by ballplayer1992 »

This should be another good game between two good teams. I look for Wheelersburg to utilize their athletes in space like they have been able to do effectively the past couple of weeks. Adam Vastine and Carson Williams have both played well the past few games and I look for that to continue the rest of the season. Matthews will get his, like always. Jackson is always a very physical team that will bring it for all 4 quarters. The physical style of play that Jackson brings is why I see Horsley being an even bigger factor on offense this week. He is a powerful back that will be able to handle the physical play of the Jackson defense. Overall, I am looking forward to a good, injury-free scrap from two of the best sports programs in southeastern Ohio. Good luck to the Jackson Ironmen, and as always, GO PIRATES!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

After seeing a little bit of Jackson on tape, they are more of a North/South running style. They don't have the speed to get the edge, off tackle is about as far as they can go. They always have the ability to hit those PA passes to the TE and he looks pretty solid. #22 I think? Idk. Jackson has the ability to be dangerous in terms of wearing down their opponent's. Defensively, they do get baited on PA a lot. LB's and safeties both. The corners look pretty good. A few well timed blitzes, Larry being Larry, he's good at what he does. I think Burg can gain the edge with their speed tho. Especially if Ruby is back. It will be an exciting game for sure. Here's to a safe, injury free game.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Offensively I think advantage Burg here just from an athletic standpoint not just skill positions but just as much on the o-line as well. We are so good at stretching defenses (especially overly aggressive ones like Jackson) horizontally in zone block schemes and then creating a number of cut-back lanes for our ball carriers which are good and getting better. I suspect we chunk off yards on these types of plays taking advantage of over-pursuit. Passing and screen game is improving as well.

Defensively we can man up and cover their receiver(s) and put an extra guy or so in the box and shut down their unbalanced look and the traps and counters. I don't seeing them having long term success moving the chains, and if they get behind the chains with a hold or procedure call then that even helps more, just don't see them beating us through the air either on Friday.

I think the Pirates load up a wagon full of Harbins and head back to the river this week.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:49 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm I don’t see him playing defense out of the gate. I think they will ease him back in that position if at all. But him on the offense side of the ball is huge. Very fast
As fast as Matthews and faster than anyone on Jackson, but we never have the fastest players
Ironman92: I will be seated at a rehearsal dinner during this game and hope to get updates !!

The son is getting married Saturday and as father of the groom my sole responsibilities are to show up and the rehearsal dinner.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

The Ironmen have brought many good teams to Wheelersburg in recent years, but haven't left with the W. Until they prove they can get it done coupled with the resurgence of the Pirates, I'm taking Burg 28-14.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

I think Burg has a slight edge, but it is probably the slightest edge we've had in this series since the last loss in 2014. I like our chances but it will undoubtedly be a hard fought game. Can't wait to watch it!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 pm The Ironmen have brought many good teams to Wheelersburg in recent years, but haven't left with the W. Until they prove they can get it done coupled with the resurgence of the Pirates, I'm taking Burg 28-14.
Boo your honesty and reasoning 😀

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:22 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm I don’t see him playing defense out of the gate. I think they will ease him back in that position if at all. But him on the offense side of the ball is huge. Very fast
As fast as Matthews and faster than anyone on Jackson, but we never have the fastest players
Ironman92: I will be seated at a rehearsal dinner during this game and hope to get updates !!

The son is getting married Saturday and as father of the groom my sole responsibilities are to show up and the rehearsal dinner.
Via this thread or more personal?

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

I think this game comes down to who makes the least mistakes and who takes advantage of opportunities. Other than that, this one could go ether way. Go Burg!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Man there are a lot of film guys on here. Lol. No idea what will happen. Burg is getting better but hasn’t reached the potential of winning a regional yet. I’ll go with them because I root for them. I’ll say 24-14

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll be disappointed if we only score 14, but even more so if we lose.

Gonna be a huge crowd and great atmosphere

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Ironman92, what time will the gates open? Trying to plan accordingly

Thanks in advance

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:50 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Via this thread or more personal?
Either. I will have a Burg perspective and a Jackson perspective!!

Terrible call — great call!

I have Burg 31 Jackson 28 btw.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Curious to see how many times the burg gives Jackson the ball around the 40-45 on kickoffs

Return to “Football”