JV Team

Re: WK5 JACKSON. vs THA BURG ‘19

Post by Mavrick2016 »

Jackson 21 Burg 17

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:09 am What injury does Ruby have?
I think shoulder. He went out on the first series against Hartley.

the shadow
Waterboy

Post by the shadow »

Have to say tha Burg in this one, but should be a fantastic game!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Check out Region 18 on Joe Eitel. Looks like Pemberville Eastwood is back in the hunt this year. They are in that region with last years state champ Orrville. Should be a fun region to follow.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Eastwood has the running back that played in state championship and he’s now a senior. I can see how they’d be a contender

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Ironman.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:20 am Eastwood has the running back that played in state championship and he’s now a senior. I can see how they’d be a contender
It also has Oak Harbor, Marion Pleasant and Lutheran East. Strong region

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 am 8-2 Burg will be hosting. 7-3 is iffy and 6-4 might leave them at home.

This will be another tough game on the Burg's schedule this year. Jackson hasn't won this game in about 4 years and they are getting hungry. Burg has always struggled at Alumni stadium going back to 2004 when they lost to Amanda Clearcreek 27-25 in the Regional finals.

Burg's defense has had that bend not break ability the last few weeks. They hit hard and they swarm to the ball. Someone said on the GC game thread if GC doesn't fumble that ball inside the 30 they could have scored more. The GC player didn't just fumble the ball on his own. He took a shot that knocked the ball loose and Burg recovered. This Burg team can flat out lay the wood to you.

Burg can win this game. They will have the best player on the field in Matthews and Burg will need to utilize him early. He seems to be getting stronger each week and even played some defense against GC. They are slowly getting back healthy and it shows. When they get Ruby back they will get even better. He adds another speedy receiver/RB to the mix.
#25 cleared to play this week

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:17 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:35 am 8-2 Burg will be hosting. 7-3 is iffy and 6-4 might leave them at home.

This will be another tough game on the Burg's schedule this year. Jackson hasn't won this game in about 4 years and they are getting hungry. Burg has always struggled at Alumni stadium going back to 2004 when they lost to Amanda Clearcreek 27-25 in the Regional finals.

Burg's defense has had that bend not break ability the last few weeks. They hit hard and they swarm to the ball. Someone said on the GC game thread if GC doesn't fumble that ball inside the 30 they could have scored more. The GC player didn't just fumble the ball on his own. He took a shot that knocked the ball loose and Burg recovered. This Burg team can flat out lay the wood to you.

Burg can win this game. They will have the best player on the field in Matthews and Burg will need to utilize him early. He seems to be getting stronger each week and even played some defense against GC. They are slowly getting back healthy and it shows. When they get Ruby back they will get even better. He adds another speedy receiver/RB to the mix.
Dang...pretty big return

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:22 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Dang...pretty big return
Great news to hear Ruby will be available this week. This will add a needed vertical threat to the passing game, and yet another athlete in rotation on a defense that continues to get better.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I don’t see him playing defense out of the gate. I think they will ease him back in that position if at all. But him on the offense side of the ball is huge. Very fast

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm I don’t see him playing defense out of the gate. I think they will ease him back in that position if at all. But him on the offense side of the ball is huge. Very fast
As fast as Matthews and faster than anyone on Jackson, but we never have the fastest players

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

has anyone heard if the injured hand of Jacksons receiver is cleared to play this week ????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Is it just the hand that is playing? Never want to play against "the hand"!

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I think this one is going to be a great one. My complaint is either G.A. - Portsmouth or Jackson - Burg should be late night start so someone willing to drive could catch both or move one to another date.... I will go with Burg to win it but it will be a close one

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm I don’t see him playing defense out of the gate. I think they will ease him back in that position if at all. But him on the offense side of the ball is huge. Very fast
Wobycat is right. Heard offense only.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:11 pm
Shoulder problem is guaranteed no defense, just offense. Just his speed on one side of the ball will be good enough for burg right now.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:46 pm
Shoulder problem is guaranteed no defense, just offense. Just his speed on one side of the ball will be good enough for burg right now.
Yes he’s the third fastest on this team.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:21 pm
14U wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:46 pm

Yes he’s the third fastest on this team.
Football fast I take it...he’s faster than Matthews on the track

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:57 pm Is it just the hand that is playing? Never want to play against "the hand"!

Lol. Short text.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”