Gallia Academy 45 - 28 Portsmouth

svac83
SE

Re: WK5 Portsmouth (4-0) @ Gallia Academy (4-0)

Post by svac83 »

I don’t know what hype you are saying I haven’t seen anyone pick Portsmouth here. Everyone has been picking Gallia and most by a lot. I think I had the smallest advantage and I was going by Portsmouth always seem to play well and physicall here.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am not done looking at whole region and it is very early a ton of huge games and 50/50 games I think at 9-1 blue devils would be the 4 seed.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I would think of any team we have played more than 20 times Gallia would be one of our worst records and probably the worst in the Southeast district. Containing Parker should present more of a challenge than it has in the past few games as he is bigger and has a passing game so people can't just load the box. If Roe continues to show the improvement he has since game 1 this year we might make a game of it.

Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

Good point 98

If gallipolis can take care of the ball they have the ability to win this game. It will be a tough game all the way to the end I think. Portsmouth is looking to prove something they are playing with a fire and purpose.

Gallipolis has one part of this game in there favor. Special teams. I would also say gallipolis’s defense is better but when #1 #35 and a young quick quarterback is on the other side the defense has something to prove after surrendering 27 to cheasapeake.

We have our matchup nightmares for Portsmouth also that is why this game I believe will live up to the hype. Two solid teams playing each other. Who wants it more Friday.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

645945 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:48 am Good point 98

If gallipolis can take care of the ball they have the ability to win this game. It will be a tough game all the way to the end I think. Portsmouth is looking to prove something they are playing with a fire and purpose.

Gallipolis has one part of this game in there favor. Special teams. I would also say gallipolis’s defense is better but when #1 #35 and a young quick quarterback is on the other side the defense has something to prove after surrendering 27 to cheasapeake.

We have our matchup nightmares for Portsmouth also that is why this game I believe will live up to the hype. Two solid teams playing each other. Who wants it more Friday.
Let's be real here, those last two Chesapeake scores were in garbage time against the JV and Freshmen. Varsity came out soaring after the break.
Last edited by MisterGalliaGuy2016 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I remember the game I Portsmouth last year bad wind storm but not that much rain. I have heard people say we really shut Parker down. But I don’t remember that being the case. If I recall. They just didn’t go to Parker a lot. I think he had the least carries in that game by a large amount as any game all year.

Maybe I am wrong but I think he carried it 15 times or less. And they tried lattimore and the other back and a lot of pass attempts. But I could be totally wrong. As I get games confused sometimes

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Is there any handicap parking and easy access to the away side at Gallia? And if so where? Been a long time since I’ve been there and trying to avoid those stairs.

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm Is there any handicap parking and easy access to the away side at Gallia? And if so where? Been a long time since I’ve been there and trying to avoid those stairs.
There is available parking for handicapped at lower parking lot. Coming from Portsmoyth, once in Gallipolis take 3rd Ave to Spruce Street. Take a right, then a left onto 4th Ave you will want to turn right onto Cedar Street which will take you over the hill.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Blue/92 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:02 pm
Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm Is there any handicap parking and easy access to the away side at Gallia? And if so where? Been a long time since I’ve been there and trying to avoid those stairs.
There is available parking for handicapped at lower parking lot. Coming from Portsmoyth, once in Gallipolis take 3rd Ave to Spruce Street. Take a right, then a left onto 4th Ave you will want to turn right onto Cedar Street which will take you over the hill.
Thanks this will be much better then the street and the stairs.

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm
Blue/92 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:02 pm
Thanks this will be much better then the street and the stairs.
Plan on arriving a little early.

Realfax
Waterboy

Post by Realfax »

This is off topic and not about the game but I thought I’d give a shout out to Zach Loveday on his commitment to Baylor. I know he doesn’t go to Gallia now and he’s at Huntington Prep but we know where his home is. I know no one is probably reading the basketball pages so I thought I’d put it out there. It’s nice to see kids doing big things.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Gallia big in this one

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

Gallia Academy will have a big night. Could see a running clock in this one. I expect to see them open up the passing game.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Some of the post I’m seeing on here are crazy. Gallia will not have a running clock, they will not win by 30. They may win by double digits, it may not really be that close of a game, but Portsmouth is 4-0 for a reason. Valley is a solid team, West is having a down year but overall should win 5 games. Rock Hill and River Valley are both on the lower end of the spectrum but 4-0 is 4-0. We aren’t talking about the old Portsmouth teams Gallia beat up on while in the Seoal. I hope the Portsmouth kids see this and use it tomorrow night. They may not come out on top, but they won’t get whooped like most on here are saying. We are talking about Gallia Academy, not Elder. Gallia have beat 4 teams who’s record combined is 4-10 lol. Not that Portsmouth’s is much better 5-11, but can we stop acting like Gallia will be playing in December, they are not that much better than Portsmouth.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Post above this is a good post. I think Portsmouth is really just a signature win away from changing the way people think of them.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

No disrespect to Portsmouth, but I would not be surprised by a 30+ point win. If GA gets rolling, I think they are really hard to stop.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Since 2000, Gallia Academy has out scored Portsmouth 406-332.

Ema
Riding the Bench

Post by Ema »

I think it will be a 30 pts game, but Portsmouth by thirty. Their line has nice size and fast. GA is big and slow. Trojan defenders will dine the GA tomorrow 35-6 Trojan

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ema wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:56 pm I think it will be a 30 pts game, but Portsmouth by thirty. Their line has nice size and fast. GA is big and slow. Trojan defenders will dine the GA tomorrow 35-6 Trojan
Umm no

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Ema wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:56 pm I think it will be a 30 pts game, but Portsmouth by thirty. Their line has nice size and fast. GA is big and slow. Trojan defenders will dine the GA tomorrow 35-6 Trojan
If Portsmouth were to beat Gallia by 30, then the rest of region 19 should be very nervous lol. I think Gallia wins because of line play on both sides of the ball. If Portsmouth can somehow control the los and limit big plays from Gallia then they will have a chance in this one.

Who Dey!

Return to “Football”