NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Re: NEW SVC CONFERENCE???

Post by Westfallmustang »

Wrestling. We can go head to head with most schools on that list. But probably not Miami Trace.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm There are more sports than just football. Look at cross country, track, soccer, golf, etc. The smaller schools can’t begin to compete with Unioto in those sports
I agree with that. Across the board unioto’s size matters for sure. Seemed like the conversation would shift more to football since we’re in the football forum is why I mentioned that

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I was just going on the thread title.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:20 pm There are more sports than just football. Look at cross country, track, soccer, golf, etc. The smaller schools can’t begin to compete with Unioto in those sports
I agree but the money is in football. That is what ppl care about. When Unioto has those great basketball teams got to district finals and win all those svc games, they made more money in 5 football games than basketball including the tournament. And they never one a svc title in football. If Unioto was a true d3 program then they would beat everyone by 70 and would be kicked. They win golf and tennis and cross country. How often do they win girls b-ball or volleyball? When will they be able to compete in boys b-ball again? How often do they win baseball? I think you find that in the major sports boys and girls the svc is even. Soccer isn’t worth mentioning cause although Unioto is ver good how many svc schools even have teams? We play mostly big schools not svc.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:28 pm
I agree but the money is in football. That is what ppl care about. When Unioto has those great basketball teams got to district finals and win all those svc games, they made more money in 5 football games than basketball including the tournament. And they never one a svc title in football. If Unioto was a true d3 program then they would beat everyone by 70 and would be kicked. They win golf and tennis and cross country. How often do they win girls b-ball or volleyball? When will they be able to compete in boys b-ball again? How often do they win baseball? I think you find that in the major sports boys and girls the svc is even. Soccer isn’t worth mentioning cause although Unioto is ver good how many svc schools even have teams? We play mostly big schools not svc.
So are they going to take down those ALL SPORTS SVC Champions banners?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’m reading this thread, as an MSL guy, seeing Circleville and Logan Elm being mentioned and thinking “oh hell.”

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I can see this as always will go nowhere. I’ll leave this thread with one final statement. Everyone in power is content with the svc. It won’t change unless one of two things happen. 1- Uniotos numbers in the school translate to the football field and they pound adena and paint valley every year. 2- new ppl take positions of authority at Unioto and they want to be a football school and make that a priority.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mlittle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:11 pm
Rosscoresident wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:39 pm Using OSHAA enrollment numbers for this year, Unioto is 258 enrollment with 269 competitive balance figure. Adena and PV combined have enrollment of 255 and 261. Yeah, I would say it might be broken
Even with the size differences over the last 20 years that I can remember there hasn’t been an overly dominant team. The balance of power usually shifts. Unioto maybe if you consider all sports. But we haven’t won a league title in 20 years in football. The numbers in the schools may be drastically different but if you look at the size of the teams in football across the board it seems like the numbers are usually pretty consistent. I’d guess most teams in the svc dress between 40 and 50 kids consistently.
Unioto's bigger enrollment numbers are in there younger grades. The gap will only continue to increase between them and other SVC schools, enrollment wise.

Nigel Tufnel
Waterboy

Post by Nigel Tufnel »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:49 pm I’m reading this thread, as an MSL guy, seeing Circleville and Logan Elm being mentioned and thinking “oh hell.”
They are always mentioned whenever a SE conference is discussed for expansion (same thing with the FAC and expansion discussion last year). I'll believe it when it happens. LE has been in the MSL since the early 70s when they left the SVC. Circleville has never been in the SVC and been in the MSL for 30 years. Their travel situation is ideal currently and, while there is a size disparity with Teays Valley, they are the same size as the rest of the MSL-Buckeye. They already play who they want from the SVC (Westfall and Zane Trace mostly) and the FAC (Courthouse and Miami Trace). I could see if the FAC/SVC were really combining in some form that the opportunity to play schools currently in both might be appealing to LE/CV. But they would be abandoning longtime rivals (especially Teays Valley and Amanda-Clearcreek) to do so. Being an alum of AC, I actually wouldn't be shocked that if something like this happened they might be interested in joining a more southerly league (while rivalries with Bloom-Carroll and Fairfield Union are strong, I've never felt that Teays/Hamilton Twp. were strong rivals). Circleville and especially LE are.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

The concern with the Mid-State League Buckeye Division is Teays Valley will eventually leave when they can find a league that suits them, because they need to move with their size and they realize that. Then that isolates Hamilton Township and I think you see them move to the Ohio Division and Grandview goes to the Cardinal Division where they belong. That leaves the Buckeye with six schools - Amanda, Liberty Union, Fairfield Union, Bloom-Carroll, Circleville and Logan Elm. You really need eight to avoid the trouble of scheduling Week 4-5 high school football. The issue is can those remaining six schools agree on who to bring into the division?

Let's say you split the difference and take two of the remaining smaller schools in each county - Fisher Catholic and Westfall - to go back to eight. Can they compete sport-for-sport in the Buckeye and do they want to? Does Bloom-Carroll as a growing district want to add D5-7 schools?

I'd love to add Court House and Miami Trace and reunite them with Circleville and to a lesser extent Logan Elm (you have a lot of Cville grads living in the LE district). I doubt Bloom-Carroll and LU want to be in a primary SE District division and there are also travel issues. A couple of schools like Bexley or Columbus Academy would fit the Buckeye, but that would weaken the Ohio Division and I doubt they'd want to move.

bdizzy
Waterboy

Post by bdizzy »

This is the breakdown of the add ins and the split. This is what was told to me.

SVC BIG
Westfall
Unioto
McClain
WCH
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Waverly

SVC Small
Huntington
Paint Valley
Adena
Eastern Pike
Piketon
Southeastern
Zane Trace

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bdizzy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:51 am This is the breakdown of the add ins and the split. This is what was told to me.

SVC BIG
Westfall
Unioto
McClain
WCH
Hillsboro
Miami Trace
Waverly

SVC Small
Huntington
Paint Valley
Adena
Eastern Pike
Piketon
Southeastern
Zane Trace
I guess I'm trying to figure out in this scenario why is 4 FAC teams exiting?? I mean that would be something that given scheduling those teams I would think would be locked in for a couple years. Why would eastern pike leave soc1? Seem to matchup well now. Northwest would be a better suitor than eastern pike I would believe.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

1. I don't see Waverly leaving the SOC.
2. Unioto isn't going to go for any type of expansion. They like being the big fish in the small pond. Too many championships to give up.
3. I have been wrong before.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Have been told by many in that village up north, that they would love to join the SVC.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Yea I bet Waverly would drop the soc for the svc at the drop of a hat.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I don't think Waverly would leave for the SVC, I don't see what many more benefits it would have.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Would be very upset if Waverly left the SOC for the SVC not necessary

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

mikepike wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:01 pm 2. Unioto isn't going to go for any type of expansion. They like being the big fish in the small pond. Too many championships to give up.
3. I have been wrong before.
Unioto has stated to the league that they are good with any type of expansion. The last time that the league brought it up, I know that Unioto said that they were fine with it.

They aren’t going to leave the SVC for a league like the FAC, because the SVC is very stable, while the FAC has cracks in it already. No other league makes sense, travel wise.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 pm Yea I bet Waverly would drop the soc for the svc at the drop of a hat.
Yeah there's been rumblings Waverly has wanted to join SVC, but it would take an expansion for sure.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:55 pm
mlittle wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 pm Yea I bet Waverly would drop the soc for the svc at the drop of a hat.
Yeah there's been rumblings Waverly has wanted to join SVC, but it would take an expansion for sure.
No doubt. Waverly would be a great addition to the svc. It would also make sense travel wise as well.

Return to “Football”