2000: Valley 20 Oak Hill 6
2001: Valley 14 Oak Hill 6
2002: Valley 35 Oak Hill 16
2003: Valley 49 Oak Hill 0
2004: Valley 53 Oak Hill 0
2005: Valley 55 Oak Hill 7
2006: Valley 42 Oak Hill 6
2007: Valley 16 Oak Hill 8

Oak Hill has not beaten Valley since 1995. Can the streak end this year?

lineman7
All Conference

Re: Week 6 Oak Hill (2-3) vs. Valley (4-1) SOC2

Post by lineman7 »

Valley was decimated with injuries at Northwest. If healthy I would think valley would be heavy favorites... down 6 or 7 starters it is probably a toss up

#1 for valley came in when Valley's best player got hurt and was amazing in the second half, he could be something else for the next few years... Valley replacing their QB who was seriously hurt will be interesting because he was so dynamic...

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

to many injuries for valley to overcome they might find players to replace their offensive production but I doubt they can replace their defense

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Valley in a squeaker

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

lineman7 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 am Valley was decimated with injuries at Northwest. If healthy I would think valley would be heavy favorites... down 6 or 7 starters it is probably a toss up

#1 for valley came in when Valley's best player got hurt and was amazing in the second half, he could be something else for the next few years... Valley replacing their QB who was seriously hurt will be interesting because he was so dynamic...
You say 6 or 7 starters, were they just banged up in the game last night, is it day to day as to them being able to play, or are there some serious injuries?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrats to Valley and I look for another win this Friday. Minford this week will handle Wheelersburg and Waverly, valley and Minford seem to be the class in a three way fight for SOC title this year. I Believe it’s the Minford teams year. Wheelersburg maybe a 2-4 place in my eyes. Get healthy Valley and maybe a first place in SOC

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:18 pm
lineman7 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 am Valley was decimated with injuries at Northwest. If healthy I would think valley would be heavy favorites... down 6 or 7 starters it is probably a toss up

You say 6 or 7 starters, were they just banged up in the game last night, is it day to day as to them being able to play, or are there some serious injuries?
I don't have any inside info, but the QB looked like possibly done for the year, same for senior oline... RB stayed on sideline at NW but was clearly hurting, center was carried off the field right before TD that tied the game, there was 2-3 more that I don't know about

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

lineman7 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:07 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:18 pm

I don't have any inside info, but the QB looked like possibly done for the year, same for senior oline... RB stayed on sideline at NW but was clearly hurting, center was carried off the field right before TD that tied the game, there was 2-3 more that I don't know about
Yeah the qb is done for the year not sure about the rest but they was already down 3-4 people going into last nights game

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am to many injuries for valley to overcome they might find players to replace their offensive production but I doubt they can replace their defense
Sometimes I wonder if we watch the same game.

Of the injuries that happened Friday, Andronis is done for the season. That hurts the Valley offense way more than the D because Drew wasn't playing hardly any defense. If the guard that went down Friday is done, that was also an "offense only" injury. Losing your quarterback is what will hurt the most. Period.

Of the other injuries, I think basically everyone should be back shortly. Valley wasn't down 3-4 going into the other night. The only starter out was Brachett. He could have went, but you don't mess with head injuries. There is another one out but he was done after the Ironton scrimmage, so nothing new there.

This game will come down to if Valley can get some stops and put together some drives with their running game. Mr. Fell came in and did a helluva job leading the offense, but the task gets tougher the next few weeks.

Friday will be interesting.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Even with all there injuries, I still think that Valley will win this game. It was going to be a rough year for OH regardless, moving into and playing a complete SOC-2 schedule. I just don't think the Talent is there this year for OH, and the fact that Portsmouth West is having a bad year also, probably whoever can win the game between OH and PW will avoid finishing last in the SOC-2. The margin may not be as large as it would have been before the injuries, but I'll still take the Indians over the Oaks. Also, lets hope for an injury free game for both teams.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think valleys defense can carry them in this one. Valley by 3 scores

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Hopefully Homecoming activities don't distract the Indians and they focus on the game. I'm sure the players will adjust to their new roles stepping in for the injured players. Hate to hear that some of the injuries are season ending, pray for a complete recovery. Ill still take the Indians in this one.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It hurts to lose the starting QB for any team, but to have a SR backup come in, manage the game and get a come from behind win, it shows the capability of that player.

Valley is nursing some injuries, but theyre not down 8 players or anything like that. The Indians will come to play Friday night and look to move it to 5-1.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Don’t see it happening but hope the Oaks can get the win

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:47 am
Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:18 am to many injuries for valley to overcome they might find players to replace their offensive production but I doubt they can replace their defense

Of the injuries that happened Friday, Andronis is done for the season. That hurts the Valley offense way more than the D because Drew wasn't playing hardly any defense. If the guard that went down Friday is done, that was also an "offense only" injury. Losing your quarterback is what will hurt the most. Period.

Of the other injuries, I think basically everyone should be back shortly. Valley wasn't down 3-4 going into the other night. The only starter out was Brachett. He could have went, but you don't mess with head injuries. There is another one out but he was done after the Ironton scrimmage, so nothing new there.

This game will come down to if Valley can get some stops and put together some drives with their running game. Mr. Fell came in and did a helluva job leading the offense, but the task gets tougher the next few weeks.

Crabs Brother. Will definitely agree on Fell he did step in a heckuva job as with Arnett and some of the others.
Good luck this week.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:43 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:47 am

Crabs Brother. Will definitely agree on Fell he did step in a heckuva job as with Arnett and some of the others.
Good luck this week.
Yes they did. Two great kids.

This game will be interesting to see how Valley adjusts. I think we will see a lot of the injured kids play this week.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Great that many of those players will be playing... on the last 2 drives it looked like the center and another lineman were pretty seriously hurt, so its good news for sure if they can play

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Game day.

I think as long as the Indians are healthy, they will find a way to get this one done.

Valley 21
Oak Hill 14

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Too much valley the Oaks. Oaks improving. But Valley has been on a steady incline since the ironton scrimmage. This valley team heading in the right way and doing the right things.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

If OH scores more than a touchdown, I'll really be surprised. They have no passing game whatsoever, if this game isn't a 3 or 4 score margin, I will really shocked.

Return to “Football”