Post by Ed Ott »

Minford 33
Burg 16

vladimir
S

Re: Week 6: SOCII Burg @ Minford

Post by vladimir »

Drew Pasteur has this prediction: https://fantastic50.net/team555.html
Oct 04 (W6) H #268 Wheelersburg (2-3 D5 R19), pick: Minford W by 1 (52%), so basically this is a toss up. Both teams are explosive, it very well may be a shootout and the team who has the ball last will get the opportunity to win.

Minford's DE' and OLBs will need to step it up and contain Mathews and Ruby from getting the edge. Minford's secondary is one of the best in the area, so I think they'll be fine defending the pass.

Minford will be ready to play, b/c it's the Wheelersburg Pirates coming to town, and for the Falcons to not be focused would be to their own peril.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Pirates by 3. i think this one might be decided by a field goal.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

All the pressure on Minford here. Playing at home, undefeated, and burg coming in with a losing record. Kind of feels like OSU/Michigan last year where Michigan wilted under the same pressure. If Minford can’t beat Burg this year, when can they?

I gonna say Vogelsong-Lewis at QB is the difference. Kid is a winner. Minford wins 21-17. And no Burg not done even with a loss, as I wouldn’t be surprised to see this game again come Week 11.*

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Wheelersburg 36 Minford 13

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

The Burg loves the pass but no qb and no receivers how can this be a winning combination.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well here we go what a lot of Minford fans have been waiting for. I do believe this could be a close game, however my worries are all the pressure is on Minford. I believe the last few times the falcon thought they had the team for it mental mistakes and turnovers proved otherwise. Until minford shows me they can handle the pressure, I'm going with burg in this one 28-14.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

I’ve said this for 35 years that Minford has a good team every 10-15 years and this is their year!! Can they beat a 2-3 burg team? The holes they lose this year will be hard to have another year like this one next year. Like another poster said this is Minfords year. Then again will that one letter “W” beat them again. If burg doesn’t work on their tackling this week it could be along night. Also burgs passing game needs to improve as dropped passes or finding open receivers faster. Burg has a lot to work on in just alittle over 5 days.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

History hasn’t been favorable to Minford in this series. Even when Minford has had good teams, Burg nearly always seems to get the best of them. Coach Ruby is only 2-10 in SOC2 games as a head coach and yet, I think Minford finds a way to win this game. Minford’s linebackers and receivers are the key to this game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

Burg 31
Minford 27

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Time for the dogg to strike up the band. 1.. 2.. 3..

We are the Pirates BOLD from Wheelersburg.
We are the Orange and the Black.
We're gonna fight for dear ole Wheelersburg
and our foes will never, ever fight us back.
And pretty soon we'll start that score to roll.
We're gonna put that ball right in the goal.
We're gonna win this game for Wheelersburg, Wheelersburg, rah, rah, rAAaaAh !
FIGHT!!!!

GO BURG!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Go Burg! Minford will have a hard time stopping Burgs offense. And if Burg doesn't start tackling better it will be a close game. Burg 38 Minford 14

Burg grad 85
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Burg doesn't have a offense. or a defense, should be 1 and 4 now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I certainly want to see burg win. because we beat them. Minford is the number 1 ranked team in d5 region 19. with ironton closely behind in 2nd. ironton plays a good Chesapeake panther team Friday. and us tiger fans wanna see burg win. but I have a sneakin suspicion that the woes continue for the pirates. but I hope they got the holes patched in the pirate ship and get back on track. nothing against the falcons, they are having a great year. and I think they beat burg. burg tackles poorly and soft up the gut. can't believe what I just said. but it's true. at this point, it's all about the points baby. and the fighting tigers 1st have to take care of bidness themselves against a very gamey Chesapeake panther team.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Very few even giving the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS a shot in this one. Burg fans might be eating crow after this one....

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:38 am Very few even giving the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS a shot in this one. Burg fans might be eating crow after this one....
Minford is the better team. They will win, pretty simple.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:38 am Very few even giving the MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS a shot in this one. Burg fans might be eating crow after this one....
Oh Minford has more than a chance
This game is a tossup
I said it last week before the Jackson game that this burg team is average at best

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Not the start to the first half of the season any Burgites expected but all of the team’s goals are still in front of them: win the SOC, qualify for the playoffs, win a playoff game, win the region, win the state. *Some of those goals are optimistic but every team should have them. The young guys have had their trial by fire with the tough non-league schedule so I think they’ll be fine now. Gotta bring their ‘A’ game every week though.
Go Burg!

Return to “Football”