Week 6 - Parkersburg Catholic (3-2) @ Frontier (5-0)

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Week 6 - Parkersburg Catholic (3-2) @ Frontier (5-0)

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

Frontier doesn't get enough props on this site for an unbeaten team. Cougars look like sure thing in region 27.
Coach Russ Morris will go against his former player, Crusaders head coach Lance Binegar AND Frontier transfer QB Wade Smitley.
Now that Lewis is back to team with Barnhart in the backfield I don't see anything stopping Cougars in this one. Frontier by 30.

CreamCheeseWonton
Waterboy

Re: Week 6 - Parkersburg Catholic (3-2) @ Frontier (5-0)

Post by CreamCheeseWonton »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:56 am Frontier doesn't get enough props on this site for an unbeaten team. Cougars look like sure thing in region 27.
Coach Russ Morris will go against his former player, Crusaders head coach Lance Binegar AND Frontier transfer QB Wade Smitley.
Now that Lewis is back to team with Barnhart in the backfield I don't see anything stopping Cougars in this one. Frontier by 30.
If frontier doesn't win one of the two hard games they cant make playoffs. vs catholic vs river and they could be beaten by caldwell too, caldwell is good.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

CreamCheeseWonton wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 am
West Rowan Falcons wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:56 am Frontier doesn't get enough props on this site for an unbeaten team. Cougars look like sure thing in region 27.
If frontier doesn't win one of the two hard games they cant make playoffs. vs catholic vs river and they could be beaten by caldwell too, caldwell is good.
Frontier will most likely get in at 8-2 regardless of who they lose to. It’ll be closer if they don’t beat either PC or River, but they’ll probably be in. 7-3 most likely won’t cut it. And they could go 10-0 and still play a first round road game.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:45 am
Frontier will most likely get in at 8-2 regardless of who they lose to. It’ll be closer if they don’t beat either PC or River, but they’ll probably be in. 7-3 most likely won’t cut it. And they could go 10-0 and still play a first round road game.
i think Monroe central will be a tough game as well but not a real top notch team on frontiers schedule to get people to excited . I think they will be in for a rough time against any of the top seeds

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Stop Boice
Stop Catholic
He is a real good RB who some times lines up as the QB
Catholic lines are about average
Defense will hit you in your mouth
Can be passed on
1st to 28 wins

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Green 50 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:27 am
enigmaax wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:45 am

i think Monroe central will be a tough game as well but not a real top notch team on frontiers schedule to get people to excited . I think they will be in for a rough time against any of the top seeds

Monroe Central is bad.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier will get to 9-1 and play Waterford in the playoffs that’s my prediction. I just kinda wish they would of played Fort Frye or Shenandoah this year.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:09 pm Frontier will get to 9-1 and play Waterford in the playoffs that’s my prediction. I just kinda wish they would of played Fort Frye or Shenandoah this year.
Do you think frontier would be any completion for either ?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Green 50 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:40 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:09 pm Frontier will get to 9-1 and play Waterford in the playoffs that’s my prediction. I just kinda wish they would of played Fort Frye or Shenandoah this year.
I think they could beat Doah but not Fort Frye.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm
You may be right but I think their record is more to do with weak competition guess we will see , I look for Caldwell to play them tough I think we will know a little more next week

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Green 50 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:24 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:22 pm

You may be right but I think their record is more to do with weak competition guess we will see , I look for Caldwell to play them tough I think we will know a little more next week
Caldwell can’t move the football I think they win 2 games in 2019

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

Catholic won 36-33

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

OK, let's throw the opinions out the window and let's look at the facts. Frontier was the beneficiary of one of the weakest schedules in SEO for the first half of the season. The teams that they beat are a combined 6-21. The strength of schedule for the second half of the season will reveal the truth, if they are a decent team or not. I see them winning one more game out of the remaining four on their schedule, and finish 6-4.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:23 am OK, let's throw the opinions out the window and let's look at the facts. Frontier was the beneficiary of one of the weakest schedules in SEO for the first half of the season. The teams that they beat are a combined 6-21. The strength of schedule for the second half of the season will reveal the truth, if they are a decent team or not. I see them winning one more game out of the remaining four on their schedule, and finish 6-4.
Yes? They haven't had a decent season in forever. Nothing wrong with building confidence. Hopefully The Cougars will be able to build on this year's strong start.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:23 am OK, let's throw the opinions out the window and let's look at the facts. Frontier was the beneficiary of one of the weakest schedules in SEO for the first half of the season. The teams that they beat are a combined 6-21. The strength of schedule for the second half of the season will reveal the truth, if they are a decent team or not. I see them winning one more game out of the remaining four on their schedule, and finish 6-4.
Frontier has more talent then Monroe and Caldwell. 8 wins is a possibility

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:21 pm
Frontier has had more talent than Monroe before. Riddle me this. Frontier and Woodsfield have been playing each other since about 1967. How many times has Frontier beat Woodsfield/Monroe Central, in the entire series? Any idea? Take a stab at it DSPY.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:28 pm
Frontier has had more talent than Monroe before. Riddle me this. Frontier and Woodsfield have been playing each other since about 1967. How many times has Frontier beat Woodsfield/Monroe Central, in the entire series? Any idea? Take a stab at it DSPY.
Is it 2? I think I remember the first time. Can’t remember if it ever happened again.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:57 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:28 pm

Is it 2? I think I remember the first time. Can’t remember if it ever happened again.
You were very close! Once, the year Frontier went 10-0 with Mossberg and made the playoffs. That's it. And I believe that was a one or two point game, in a year when MC was not very good.

Game is in Woodsfield, there will be plenty of alumni at that game to remind this year's squad that they had better not be the second team to ever lose to the Cougars. :D I will go with history in the series, but will admit, Cougars have a very good chance this year for a win.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Ha, well that explains why I couldn’t remember another time.

Return to “Football”