Minford 14 - 17 Oak Hill

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Re: Upset Alert

Post by JustMyObservation »

smurray wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 pm
14U wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 pm Like last year for Minford 5-0 then burg now oak hill! Waverly next but the QB went down with minute in game so you might have a chance, good luck stopping shoemaker. West is down, valley to beat up with freshmen starting.
Waverly QB in the game with an inured knee down 14 with .35 seconds to play and Wheelersburg teeing off on him. Makes sense him being in the game doesn’t it? Had to carry him off the field, INSANE!
Have a little more faith. 2 scores down on the 30 yard line of Wheelersburg. One fade and an onside kick and who knows. With that kind of attitude I’m surprised you stayed after Wheelersburg went up 42-28! This is why schools like West and Wheelersburg succeed and Waverly falters.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:09 pm
14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:46 pm Not much talking this week from the Muletown Folks! I guess they know it’s going to be bad and waiting for waverly week!! 😂. The last time they thought this, East Clinton took them to 50 seconds left in game 28-21, I did watch the East Clinton game on film and heard all the turnovers hurt Minford, but 1st half saw 3 TO’s for Minford INT but during return EC fumbled it back and another INT threw it up like a punt right before half, EC took 2 knees. Second half EC just took it too them for a 1-3 team, so I guess this game is a trap game too for Falcons
West;
OAK HILL; then
Waverly.

You think two trap games for the Falcons? I see Oak Hill possibly being one, but no way for West.
I called it. Oak Hill trap game. This is what happens when you don't prepare and underestimate your opponent. Unbelievable!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SMH, reports I'm getting was that Minford must not have scouted Oak Hill and tried to play UNGA BUNGA ball between the tackles all night. That's Oak Hill's strength :roll: :roll: Hello McFly DUH!!!!.

Sounds to me like the Head Coach needs to turn the reigns over to an OC that's up in the box and take a step back. On the goalline and taking a delay of game penalty b/c he's arguing with other coaches about the play call and isn't paying attention to the play clock. :roll: Come'on man, WTF!?!?!?

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 pm Lol 100% on Ruby’s play calling horrible
Ruby calls the defense too?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

A defense holding a team to 17-points should get you the win with the fire power Minford has on Offense. Minford-42-17 is the score I would have thought, but it goes to show what happens when you don't mentally prepare.

Any given Friday night, anything can happen.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Yes, let the OC call from the box. Let your staff do their job. Absolutely no excuse for this loss, no room for pride, you show humility and sacrifice personal ego for greater good of the team.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

14U wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:16 pm Like last year for Minford 5-0 then burg now oak hill! Waverly next but the QB went down with minute in game so you might have a chance, good luck stopping shoemaker. West is down, valley to beat up with freshmen starting.
Waverly QB in the game with an inured knee down 14 with .35 seconds to play and Wheelersburg teeing off on him. Makes sense him being in the game doesn’t it? Had to carry him off the field, INSANE!
Doesn’t make since down two scores and in there! Get ready for next week, hope he is able, he was walking slowly after game

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:28 pm
vladimir wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:09 pm
14U wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:46 pm Not much talking this week from the Muletown Folks! I guess they know it’s going to be bad and waiting for waverly week!! 😂. The last time they thought this, East Clinton took them to 50 seconds left in game 28-21, I did watch the East Clinton game on film and heard all the turnovers hurt Minford, but 1st half saw 3 TO’s for Minford INT but during return EC fumbled it back and another INT threw it up like a punt right before half, EC took 2 knees. Second half EC just took it too them for a 1-3 team, so I guess this game is a trap game too for Falcons
West;
OAK HILL; then
Waverly.

You think two trap games for the Falcons? I see Oak Hill possibly being one, but no way for West.
I called it. Oak Hill trap game. This is what happens when you don't prepare and underestimate your opponent. Unbelievable!
Yep! I don’t know West was that bad but now Valley has last players and playing freshmen. Good call!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

West isn't that bad, they play hard-nosed, but Minford seems like they're a team they plays accordingly to their competition. Burg 21-20 OT, West by 3-scores. Oak Hill Trap game, but Burg beat Oak Hill 55-0 and Minford loses 17-14. Bewildering! :oops:

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Did minford have any injuries going into this game?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:15 am Did minford have any injuries going into this game?
Not that I'm aware, for some reason Minford played right into Oak Hill's strength. All scouting reports said oaks are strong between the tackles, so what was Ruby thinking? Afterall, the Oaks did have a few nice goal-line stand against burg, so anyone with half a brain knew they had muscle there. Did they watch film? :oops:

Trying to run Widget between the tackles all night, instead of giving the ball to Risner and Skaggs on the edge??????WTF? Oak Hill came to play and minford got caught looking ahead thinking that Burg beat Oak Hill 55-0, and the Oaks would just lay down. Didn't happen :roll:

This is exactly why you cannot ever overlook any team! Minford got caught with their pants down.

JustMyObservation
Waterboy

Post by JustMyObservation »

14U wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:48 am
Doesn’t make since down two scores and in there! Get ready for next week, hope he is able, he was walking slowly after game
It makes perfect sense —-35 seconds is a lot of time with 30 yards to go and three timeouts. —- take him out and you could of just ran out the clock. The whole city of Waverly would of been infuriated!

pappy
Freshman Team

Re: Minford 14 - 17 Oak Hill

Post by pappy »

It’s the offense with minford, spread is a offense you must practice daily for timing reasons, it also promotes being a bit soft, you must have athletes to run this style of play, there is something said about lining up and getting of the ball, win the line of scrimmage..win the game

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JustMyObservation wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:13 am

It makes perfect sense —-35 seconds is a lot of time with 30 yards to go and three timeouts. —- take him out and you could of just ran out the clock. The whole city of Waverly would of been infuriated!
It makes absolutely unequivocally zero sense to have him in the game period. Everyone in the stands watched a kid play with barely the ability to walk.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Gotta admit didn't see this result coming, bit of a head scratcher. Congrats to the Oaks, nice win.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

wobycat wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:01 am
JustMyObservation wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:13 am

It makes absolutely unequivocally zero sense to have him in the game period. Everyone in the stands watched a kid play with barely the ability to walk.
JustMyObservation JustDoesntUnderstand.

The series before is the main reason I say he shouldn’t have been in there down 14 with .35 to play. I’m not a fairweather fan by any stretch, I said it when it was happening.
And yes, I stayed until the game was over.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Figured I’d give my best shot at a rundown of the game for you guys. Although it’s probably gonna be Oak Hill centered because that’s who I was watching the most. The second play of the game Minford threw an interception that OH returned 30 yards to the 20. The Oaks drove the ball to the 2 yard line before missing a wide open receiver on 4th down. Minford goes 3 and out and Oaks again drive to the 20 before being inches short on 4th down. Minford scores their next possession mainly with passes over the middle of the field. 20 yd shovel pass for their only offense points of the game. 7-0 end of 1st. 2nd quarter was a bunch of nothing with OH intercepting a pass in the end zone as time expired. Halftime 7-0. Out of half OH drives the length of the field capped off with a 20 yd TD run down the middle, untouched. Then again a bunch of drives that hardly pass the midfield for both teams. 7-7 end of 3rd. Midway through the 4th a bad snap causes an OH punt from their own end zone, which minford returns for a special teams TD. OH converts a huge 3rd and 11 deep in their own territory on a perfect throw. Couple plays later they break off on a 60 yd TD run to tie the game 14-14. Minford gets a very deserving holding penalty then drops a wide open pass that they would have scored off of on 3rd and 15. Oaks take the final 5 minutes off the clock converting two more huge 3rd and longs on a run play and a pass play. They line up on for a 24 yd field goal that clears the uprights as time expires to win 17-14.

Notes: Minford only ran 1 type of running play all night, an rpo/read option that OH covered very well. Minford’s lines were dominated, they got some huge holding penalties late in the game saving their qb from getting sacked right away. The qb was running for his life nearly the entire game on pass plays, none of them develop fast enough for the amount of pressure OH was giving. In the final quarter their defensive line was getting pushed 5 yards back for huge openings, which against OH will get you beat. Finally, OH put in a new offense this week with a bunch of fakes that they ran very well, it faked me out a ton of times

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Minford fans complaining for years about Coach Daniels running the Wing-T, winning 8 or more games each year, and playoff trips. Hey, you got your spread offense and 5-5 records. Enjoy!!

Copay
Riding the Bench

Post by Copay »

Up by 7 in the 2nd quarter with a 2nd goal at the 3 and you take a delay of game penalty. Then the next play is a holding penalty. Chance to put the Oaks down by two scores, and change the momentum of the game. Falcons were running no huddle spread and take a delay of game. Don’t really know how that happens.

Oaks controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and set the pace of play.

One team seemed prepared and focused for the game, and the other team didn’t.

Return to “Football”