Re: Top 10 SE District Teams...after week 7

Post by LucasDavenport »

Pretty good list my friend.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Pretty good list but Wellston for sure is deserving of top ten team!

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

for what it's worth, Cal Preps has Ironton as favorites over everyone else on your list.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah pretty good list, but for me Minford probably wouldn't be in the top 10. They have 0 wins against a team with winning record, I don't care how great Wilmington is, also if you look at their scores defensively they're just not sound enough for me. Wellston has just 2 wins against teams with winning record, however outside of Athens they were able to play Jackson closer than any other team and the last 5 games have only given up 21 points total. NY with OU commit Wilburn on the team only managed 7 points last week.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

fbfever9 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:51 am for what it's worth, Cal Preps has Ironton as favorites over everyone else on your list.
Not trying to be rude but calpreps means nothing to me. I watched Ironton embarrass Jackson in a scrimmage but doing a lot of different things now. Had Ironton not lost they would be #1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:54 am Yeah pretty good list, but for me Minford probably wouldn't be in the top 10. They have 0 wins against a team with winning record, I don't care how great Wilmington is, also if you look at their scores defensively they're just not sound enough for me. Wellston has just 2 wins against teams with winning record, however outside of Athens they were able to play Jackson closer than any other team and the last 5 games have only given up 21 points total. NY with OU commit Wilburn on the team only managed 7 points last week.
Who would you have in over Minford? Wellston? Maybe but they need to beat Athens for me as 10 others are very deserving. If I have Burg in, I pretty much need to have Minford right behind them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:54 am Yeah pretty good list, but for me Minford probably wouldn't be in the top 10. They have 0 wins against a team with winning record, I don't care how great Wilmington is, also if you look at their scores defensively they're just not sound enough for me. Wellston has just 2 wins against teams with winning record, however outside of Athens they were able to play Jackson closer than any other team and the last 5 games have only given up 21 points total. NY with OU commit Wilburn on the team only managed 7 points last week.
Who would you have in over Minford? Wellston? Maybe but they need to beat Athens for me as 10 others are very deserving. If I have Burg in, I pretty much need to have Minford right behind them.
Well the rankings are after week 7 though, in terms of Wellston being there instead of Minford. Now week 8 rankings happen after that week 8 game. Like I stated for me, Minford hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and yeah they played Burg close and went to OT but this isn't the burg from the last 2 years so it loses a lot of luster for me. It's not like it matters much anyways it's one person's opinion vs another and we are all going to think differently on it. Just like last week I had Unioto out of the top 10 and they proved me correct after the loss to PV. Given what the Wellston defense has done and I'm sure you were at the Wellston and Jackson game even being game 1 and Wellston working out the kinks with the new coaching system could tell a different in this wellston team when they took on Jackson at least from a defensive stand point. 21 points in the last 5 games??? Well worthy of a top 10 after week 7. Now if they lose in week 8 then obviously the week 8 standings will show that correction as well.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:34 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:56 pm
Well the rankings are after week 7 though, in terms of Wellston being there instead of Minford. Now week 8 rankings happen after that week 8 game. Like I stated for me, Minford hasn't beaten a team with a winning record and yeah they played Burg close and went to OT but this isn't the burg from the last 2 years so it loses a lot of luster for me. It's not like it matters much anyways it's one person's opinion vs another and we are all going to think differently on it. Just like last week I had Unioto out of the top 10 and they proved me correct after the loss to PV. Given what the Wellston defense has done and I'm sure you were at the Wellston and Jackson game even being game 1 and Wellston working out the kinks with the new coaching system could tell a different in this wellston team when they took on Jackson at least from a defensive stand point. 21 points in the last 5 games??? Well worthy of a top 10 after week 7. Now if they lose in week 8 then obviously the week 8 standings will show that correction as well.
I looked closely at their schedules so far. It is very close. Minford’s wins are marginally better IMO. I’m still not sure where Burg is and I picked Waverly to beat Burg. I don’t know a ton about Minford but seems like they should have won that game. Wellston has taken care if business without issue other than Alexander.

This week will make things more telling. Several big games to affect the top 10. Wellston wins and I’d project top 8...Burg losing to Waverly will slightly hurt Minford and Burg winning gives Minford a touch more credit.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

1. Gallia Academy
2. Ironton
3. Jackson
4. Trimble
5. Waverly
6. Wheelersburg
7. Paint Valley
8. Wellston
9. Adena
10. Minford

18. Waterford

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

Vik wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:53 pm 1. Gallia Academy
2. Ironton
3. Jackson
4. Trimble
5. Waverly
6. Wheelersburg
7. Paint Valley
8. Wellston
9. Adena
10. Minford

18. Waterford
I would not put GA in the top 2 until they beat Ironton, if they can. So far their schedule has been very weak and that includes Point. Don’t get me wrong they are a very good team and they are winning like they should against inferior competition but will it be enough to get past week 11?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:52 pm
fbfever9 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:51 am for what it's worth, Cal Preps has Ironton as favorites over everyone else on your list.
Not trying to be rude but calpreps means nothing to me. I watched Ironton embarrass Jackson in a scrimmage but doing a lot of different things now. Had Ironton not lost they would be #1
great post.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Jackson is rolling.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Shane Falco wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:04 am
Vik wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:53 pm 1. Gallia Academy
2. Ironton
3. Jackson
4. Trimble
5. Waverly
6. Wheelersburg
7. Paint Valley
8. Wellston
9. Adena
10. Minford

18. Waterford
I would not put GA in the top 2 until they beat Ironton, if they can. So far their schedule has been very weak and that includes Point. Don’t get me wrong they are a very good team and they are winning like they should against inferior competition but will it be enough to get past week 11?
I agree with gallia. It’s hard to tell about them with there schedule. They have the 101 easiest schedule out of 106 division 4 teams. They are good but it’s really hard to tell how good when you play south point, river valley and other ovc schools. Ironton will be a test. They need to beef there non conference games.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005

Return to “Football”