Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Re: The Shermans have hoops on their mind?

Post by Bobby k »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:30 pm
Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm Lots of sideline QB talk going on. Why is it more than the fact Unioto is what is is? Regardless of scheme. They don’t have the horses to beat the other top 3 teams.
Decimated Waverly and I’m guessing Waverly goes 3-0 against PV Adena and Se. that’s why and yes tons of sideline QB talk. Haven’t figured out why coaches just won’t listen to me. We’d be 7-0 right now with a winning margin of 35+ points per game if they would just answer my phone calls instead of threatening to call the police for phone stalking. Geez
Maybe Unioto should be more worried about beating Pv and SE than a non conference Waverly team

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:32 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:12 pm
RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:26 pm Jeff Metzler is one of the best coaches in the entire area. Unioto played a sloppy game with the Offense giving the ball away 4 separate times. Played an undisciplined game and seemed disengaged on the field. I don’t get it.
Even as poor as they played offensively in the first half being down 13-0 at the half. Coming out in the second half Carroll put the team on his back and gets the Tanks back in the game at 13-7 what followed was terrible for the Tanks.
Paint Valley is a great football team and well coached but no way is PV 41-13 better than the Tanks. I expect Metz to rally the troops and have the boys ready but what a sad second half last night. The offense hurt the Tanks against Adena and PVHS. Obviously the offenses performance is concerning because Carroll is special. The offense was rolling when using Carroll and Little in the running game. The offensive line has to be the biggest in the league. Major questions as to why the OC Netter tried to get cute. Against Adena and PV you get away from what was working. I really thought the Waverly game was going to fuel the Tanks for a special season.
The Waverly game was the most frustrating of the year because it shows what we can be when everything is gelling. Our offense has struggled all year which is bizarre given the talent we have on that side of the ball and the size of our line. Just doesn’t make sense. Definitely seem to be disengaged at times like you mentioned. coaches and players
Don’t gage anything on the win over Waverly.
Waverly still had a couple kids out, Shanks was about 50% to start the game and went down in the first quarter. Waverly was not prepared for an offense without Shanks and the defensive scheme with key players out was not good.
I guarantee you, we play Unioto 9 more times with Shanks at the 70% he’s at now and players we have available now, we win 9 times.
The Tiger team that destroyed Amanda is not the same Tiger team (personnel wise) that lost to Unioto.
I say all that to say don’t think Unioto should beat so and so or be this good or that good based on that Waverly win......

P.S. (I believe there is some basis for the head scratching - Unioto may have beaten Waverly last year had they stayed with what was working instead of playing into Waverly’s strength).
Ahhh, the good ole when football was really easy like week 3. I wish we played Waverly every week. Be 7-0 right now heading into a week 8 matchup with another blowout on the horizon.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:33 pm
Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm Lots of sideline QB talk going on. Why is it more than the fact Unioto is what is is? Regardless of scheme. They don’t have the horses to beat the other top 3 teams.
Decimated Waverly and I’m guessing Waverly goes 3-0 against PV Adena and Se. that’s why and yes tons of sideline QB talk. Haven’t figured out why coaches just won’t listen to me. We’d be 7-0 right now with a winning margin of 35+ points per game if they would just answer my phone calls instead of threatening to call the police for phone stalking. Geez
Maybe Unioto should be more worried about beating Pv and SE than a non conference Waverly team
We’re not worried about beating Waverly. We already did

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Pretty sure I said “more worried” about beating teams that you “should’ve beat” but lost to

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Pretty sure I said “more worried” about beating teams that you “should’ve beat” but lost to
Oh I completely agree. But me being worried about future or past games will have zero affect on the outcomes of those games

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Oh I completely agree. But me being worried about future or past games will have zero affect on the outcomes of those games
100% correct. Having said that, complaining about what could’ve or should’ve been against paint valley will also have zero affect on the rest of the year. If I were you I’d be more concerned with how to finish out the rest of the year strong and make it to the playoffs. By my calculations of you lost to Southeastern you won’t.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:52 pm

100% correct. Having said that, complaining about what could’ve or should’ve been against paint valley will also have zero affect on the rest of the year. If I were you I’d be more concerned with how to finish out the rest of the year strong and make it to the playoffs. By my calculations of you lost to Southeastern you won’t.
I’m auditioning for a college coaching job. I heard urban Meyer reads these posts.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm

I’m auditioning for a college coaching job. I heard urban Meyer reads these posts.
Maybe you should be more concerned about Metz 😂

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Unioto has to minimize the self inflicted penalties and mental mistakes.
They missed so many tackles against Paint Valley.

Southeastern is a great football team and Evan Gallagher is one of the best coaches in the league. Unioto will not be able to stop Ruby however they can’t allow him to single handedly beat them. For Unioto to beat Southeastern they have to cut down the turnovers and find a rhythm on offense to sustain drives. Use the best running back as a running back and allow him to run behind the big Oline. Get your athletes in space.
Defensively I know Metz will have them prepared. Have to make tackles and play great assignment football. Will be a big task for the Tanks to beat SE.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 pm Unioto has to minimize the self inflicted penalties and mental mistakes.

Southeastern is a great football team and Evan Gallagher is one of the best coaches in the league. Unioto will not be able to stop Ruby however they can’t allow him to single handedly beat them. For Unioto to beat Southeastern they have to cut down the turnovers and find a rhythm on offense to sustain drives. Use the best running back as a running back and allow him to run behind the big Oline. Get your athletes in space.
Defensively I know Metz will have them prepared. Have to make tackles and play great assignment football. Will be a big task for the Tanks to beat SE.
Come on man. Surely you can be more specific than this roundabout post. And have you seen ruby? Carroll is good. And IMO one of the best. But he’s head and shoulders below Ruby. And the stats prove it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:49 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm

Maybe you should be more concerned about Metz 😂
Metz is awesome!

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

For Unioto to win the game it’s simple spread Southeastern out a little bit. Run Carroll on the dive and power between the tackles. Run Carrol on the trap. Use Little at QB with the zone read and option. Add in a quick passing game.
Is that better BobbyK

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:58 pm
RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:53 pm Unioto has to minimize the self inflicted penalties and mental mistakes.

Come on man. Surely you can be more specific than this roundabout post. And have you seen ruby? Carroll is good. And IMO one of the best. But he’s head and shoulders below Ruby. And the stats prove it.
Where in this post does he say Carroll is better than ruby?

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm

“Use the best running back as a running back”

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:20 pm

I believe he’s referring to our best running back as running back instead of having him in the wildcat. And I’d say he will be the best rb in that game. Ruby is a QB

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

RShifko wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 pm For Unioto to win the game it’s simple spread Southeastern out a little bit. Run Carroll on the dive and power between the tackles. Run Carrol on the trap. Use Little at QB with the zone read and option. Add in a quick passing game.
Is that better BobbyK
A little better. Problem is Unioto has no passing game. And the offense isn’t even the problem. SE is averaging 44ppg and never throws. If I’m Unioto I throw 8 men in the box and hope to hell Ruby gets sick before hand.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:21 pm

I believe he’s referring to our best running back as running back instead of having him in the wildcat. And I’d say he will be the best rb in that game. Ruby is a QB

So is Carroll. Depending on what down or quarter it is..

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:23 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:21 pm

So is Carroll. Depending on what down or quarter it is..
Touché

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Unioto has no passing game by design of their scheme. Very few QB look good throwing the ball 30 plus yards down field. That’s a tough task. Unioto passing game doesn’t create high percentage throws.

For Unioto on defense they will be in position to box up Ruby from the QB spot and they will make the rest of the Panthers beat them you have to know that Ruby is going to get his. Ruby will give you his 150-200 total yards and multiple scores

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I d just let ruby get through the hole clean and then just run him down every time

Return to “Football”