River Valley 26 - 69 Athens

Notorious
Waterboy

Re: River Valley 26 - 69 Athens

Post by Notorious »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:50 pm Not my team, just appreciated the time Coach Polcyn invested into my son when he played at RV. I do find it interesting that he took the “finesse” offense, according to Coach Peck, and has been really successful and scored a lot of points with it. Good for him and the Morrow boys who help him. But they did win the game, and as Shannon Sharpe always says, “I’d rather have a hot dub (Win) than a cold L.

Speaking of cold L’s, Coach Peck has only had two wins and 17 cold L’s, which have come in historically (and by this, I mean RV history, which is considerably worse compared to a normal program) bad fashion. When you lose worse than any other coach in RV history, with the exception of Carter, that’s bad. What’s even more humiliating is that those other unsuccessful RV coaches didn’t have the luxury of a mercy rule running clock. Those 17 beat downs would have been even worse if not for the running clock that comes every week.

It’s hard to watch. It’s hard for my son to watch. He won’t even come to the games anymore. But if you want to talk about more facts, I stand on the 30 yard line, concession stand side, every game, as I’ve done for the past 8 years.
I mean it is a finesse style offense, which requires athletes to do so, which wellston has thanks to Mr Lucas himself. Everyone who likes to bash rv thinks they have these stellar athletes and they just don’t..not taking away anything from the kids but with the exception of about 4-5 kids there isn’t much there. That’s besides the fact there wasn’t a line of people chomping at the bit to take the job especially after the previous coach and ad agreed to that horrid schedule. I guess what I’m getting at is if you have to bash rv when they’re Down in any sport then don’t jump on the wagon when they’re successful in another respected sport..I’ll stop here

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: WK9 Athens @ River Valley

Post by Raiderball »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:48 pm
Raiderball wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 pm 1. If you are talking about freshmen and sophomores that have to play on Friday nights ok.
In the Jv game this week they rotated 2 freshmen qb’s. I saw at least 4 rb’s carry the ball that are fr. or soph. I saw fr and soph linemen on both sides of the ball.
2. You say they are loaded with talent... how did these upperclassmen do at the lower levels? I certainly don’t remember hearing anything about their talent level over the years.

The senior class only lost a couple games from biddy league through their junior high years.
Like I said, never heard anything about this incredible talent in the lower levels. I’m not putting down the kids here either. Just saying if they only lost a couple games there probably would have been a lot of talk.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:22 pm
Raiderball wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 pm 1. If you are talking about freshmen and sophomores that have to play on Friday nights ok.
In the Jv game this week they rotated 2 freshmen qb’s. I saw at least 4 rb’s carry the ball that are fr. or soph. I saw fr and soph linemen on both sides of the ball.
2. You say they are loaded with talent... how did these upperclassmen do at the lower levels? I certainly don’t remember hearing anything about their talent level over the years.

The senior class only lost a couple games from biddy league through their junior high years.
Like I said, never heard anything about this incredible talent in the lower levels. I’m not putting down the kids here either. Just saying if they only lost a couple games there probably would have been a lot of talk.
Thus class has been talked about since they were in grade school. Not sure where you’ve been.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Bigbuckeye52 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:11 pm
Raiderball wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:22 pm

Thus class has been talked about since they were in grade school. Not sure where you’ve been.
Unfortunately they haven’t done a whole lot since 6th grade.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: River Valley 26 - 69 Athens

Post by Raiderball »

🤦‍♂️

Return to “Football”