Site Admin

Paint Valley 34 - 46 Southeastern

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: G.O.W. WK9 Southeastern @ Paint Valley (SVC Chip)

Post by mattash »

Big game here

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I don't think Ison will be able to play in this game after injuring his knee last night, not only huge implication for the offense but he is pretty good on defense also.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Ison being out is a huge deal. He’s their best RB and home run hitter. Hard to bet against SE and Ruby in this one, especially on the fast track. I think SE wins setting up a big game in Frankfort week 10.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Man PV getting slammed with injuries to key players. Hate to see it especially if it affects the league race. If Hollon can rally the troops and still pull off a league title this would be extremely impressive.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Bearcats hold serve at home in this one.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I said I wouldn’t pick against Coach Hollon again.

Paint Valley 14-13

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Losing Ison is a big loss but PV is senior loaded and have been here before. Stopping Ruby and that offense is no easy task but Unioto showed how to limit it at least. Look for PV to learn from that tape and take this one at home by 7.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

PV losing that speed in Ison will hurt, no predictions here but this game will be close!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Major injuries or just injuries for this week for paint valley. Injuries suck.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Since Ison is injured and cant play I think the only fair thing to do is have Ruby sit out for this game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Off topic for a minute....is Ruby going to play basketball again?

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:19 pm Off topic for a minute....is Ruby going to play basketball again?
That’s the million dollar question. I’m pretty close with his family and I think the only person that may know is Lane himself. Young man is trying to focus on his future, but also enjoy his senior year. We shall see soon enough.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Chief02 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:38 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:19 pm Off topic for a minute....is Ruby going to play basketball again?
That’s the million dollar question. I’m pretty close with his family and I think the only person that may know is Lane himself. Young man is trying to focus on his future, but also enjoy his senior year. We shall see soon enough.
I heard from a pretty reliable source he didn’t want to play last year. I’d have to think he won’t skip out on his senior year of basketball tho. He has to be getting close to scoring 1,000 points. Not that he needs it but that would be a nice little bogey to add to his career with all the track and football accolades.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I would not bet against a Pete Hollon coached team, but with Newland and Ison out, I think SE is the clear favorite.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chief02 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:38 pm
I’ll root him on regardless. I wouldn’t fault him either way. Hopefully he can stay injury free.

Probably near 1000 points and of course as a freshman he went for 30 at the Convo to knock out Oak Hill. That was a huge accolade in itself.

He could be the 100, 200 and long jump state champion this season.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Just relieved we played our last football game against him! I know the coach has done a nice job with the program but I’d imaging SE will be back towards the bottom half of the league for a while now after Ruby is gone. They should build a statue for that kid or name the field after him or something.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 am Just relieved we played our last football game against him! I know the coach has done a nice job with the program but I’d imaging SE will be back towards the bottom half of the league for a while now after Ruby is gone. They should build a statue for that kid or name the field after him or something.
It's gonna be tough sledding for the Panthers after this year. Not back to 0-10, but probably will be a fight to go .500.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Was just looking at Ruby's stats. Lane could very well be in the 1800-1900 yards rushing range going into their playoff game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:43 am Just relieved we played our last football game against him! I know the coach has done a nice job with the program but I’d imaging SE will be back towards the bottom half of the league for a while now after Ruby is gone. They should build a statue for that kid or name the field after him or something.
It's gonna be tough sledding for the Panthers after this year. Not back to 0-10, but probably will be a fight to go .500.
League loses a butt load to graduation next year. I see maybe Adena being the only team with a shot at the playoffs

Return to “Football”