Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Did these two line up against each other last year?

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:51 pm Talked to a guy today who’s watched both teams. He thinks Portsmouth is in big trouble. Ironton probably wins this one by a couple or three scores
The "I talked to a guy post" LOL haven't seen that in a while.

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 am That's until he runs into Carrio and Jr. Jones. Ironton has the best defense in the area and they have the speed on D to contain him.
They contained him last year so this year shouldn't be any different?

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

kantucky wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:23 pm
REDMAN wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:46 pm From an outsider who seen both teams play. I think Talyn Parker will be the best athlete on the field and I think he will make plays happen. Key to the game is can Portsmouth step up. They have more speed but will they be physical or lay down?

Post game. If your in the OU parking lot watch out for the drunks. They will piss anywhere open or not.
VIDEO REMOVED TO STOP TAKING UP SPACE
Enjoyed watching those clips...especially seeing how that was >>>LAST YEAR<<<

Also, appreciate the important safety tip about OU's lot. They need to spread some kitty litter out there on the parking lot or maybe just oil dry so a guy can pee pee there. As for me? no way I'm taking a chance being subjected to possibly walking through a pool of urine knee deep! I'm parking at Central Christian Church's parking lot.

Parker may, or may not be the best athlete on the field but I'll take Carrico as the best myself

Knew you would love this since you are the king of talking about last year or five years or ten years ,as long as your team was winners .

Maybe if your team wins this year you can post video next year ROFL.

Do they really come back from 21 down? Against a player like,well you know

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great season for Portsmouth, but I think Ironton too much in this one. I’ll say Ironton wins 38-17.*

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

If Rock Hill can score 28 on them, well you know...

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Pull the blinders off Portsmouth fans...Ironton in an ole fashion beat down!!!!! running clock.....

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

As long as ironton gets the win and stays injury free that’s good enough for me

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

As long as they don’t turn the ball over I believe they will be fine

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Didn't Ironton once have to play Portsmouth back to back and lost both to them Pesky Trojans? Wouldn't it be wonderful if Ironton got the chance to do that to Portsmouth this year?!

IF them glorious Fighting Tigers win, we could put game clips up next week! Everyone would enjoy that

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Yeah I think that was the early 2000s

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

2002 I believe it was that year Portsmouth beat ironton twice

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:02 pm I know Trimble is good but do you think they see any players the caliber of Mathews from burg Parker from Portsmouth Armstrong gallia carrico from ironton
As a unit, they are very, very good. They could play with any team around, and Ft. Frye may be even better.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

https://seohiopreps.com/football/trojan ... e-in-tank/

“Portsmouth-Ironton, who hasn’t heard of that rivalry in Southern Ohio? That raises the stakes high enough already. We’ve met over 130 times in school history. Then you have them going for an outright OVC championship and us a share of it. They are playing for the number-one seed, and if we win, we springboard into the top four and host a game,” said Kalb. “If we lose, there’s a chance that if the chips don’t fall right, we’re out (of the playoffs) in some crazy scenarios. To make a big game even bigger, there’s just so much on the line.”

check out the article

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I haven't read all these posts but if Ironton is near as good as some think they are, I see no way this game is close.

Parker is a great player, but other than that Portsmouth is very average. I know it was week 2 when West played them, but I think West played several teams substantially better than Portsmouth.

eightball_87
Waterboy

Post by eightball_87 »

From an outside fan looking in, this looks to be a great game to attend. I have personally watched both teams and would have to say in my opinion the Trojan skill players have the edge on the Fighting Tigers. Although the Trojan's skills may be better, the play from the trenches might very well be the deciding factor in the outcome of this game.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Rock Hill put 28 on Portsmouth. This is over before it starts.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

let's get down n dirty tigers and get r done. don't overlook any possible scenario. and finish ''FIGHTING TIGER STRONG'' go tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Westfan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:09 pm I haven't read all these posts but if Ironton is near as good as some think they are, I see no way this game is close.

Parker is a great player, but other than that Portsmouth is very average. I know it was week 2 when West played them, but I think West played several teams substantially better than Portsmouth.
I assume by several you mean Minford and Wellston, I have seen Waverly and Raceland and I think we are at least on par with both at this point in the season. As a matter of fact I think we would eat Raceland alive, they let Greenups receivers get open all night but they couldn't catch the ball ours do. As far as Waverly, I haven't seen them healthy since the jamboree game in which we giving a sophomore qb his first snaps. They looked about our level against Burg but I was told their qb was hurt. I have no idea how good Minford or Wellston is.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

i am a big believer in common opponents and the way Ironton handler Gallia leads me to believe Ironton will take this by 2 scores

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

Return to “Football”