TVC teams headed to the playoffs

fortdawg
All Conference
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by fortdawg » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:33 am

The Hocking is poised to put 3 in with Trimble, Waterford, and Eastern.
The Ohio has Wellston looking good and NY is hanging on.



ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Riding the Bench
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:03 pm

fortdawg wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:33 am
The Hocking is poised to put 3 in with Trimble, Waterford, and Eastern.
The Ohio has Wellston looking good and NY is hanging on.
Eastern is in with a win. I hope we get to play Waterford too. Redemption is in order. :mrgreen:



fortdawg
All Conference
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by fortdawg » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Can Waterford make it without a win?



enigmaax
All Conference
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by enigmaax » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:16 am

fortdawg wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:43 pm
Can Waterford make it without a win?
They can. If Waterford loses and one of Fisher Catholic, Symmes Valley, or Frontier also loses, Waterford is in.

Waterford could also get in if they lose and all those teams win, depending on some 2nd level points for them, Eastern, & Fisher Catholic. That’d be slim though.



Green 50
Riding the Bench
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Green 50 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 am

enigmaax wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:16 am
fortdawg wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:43 pm
Can Waterford make it without a win?
They can. If Waterford loses and one of Fisher Catholic, Symmes Valley, or Frontier also loses, Waterford is in.

Waterford could also get in if they lose and all those teams win, depending on some 2nd level points for them, Eastern, & Fisher Catholic. That’d be slim though.
Pasteur has Waterford in as a lock with less than.5percent chance of not being the 7 th seed win or lose



enigmaax
All Conference
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by enigmaax » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:57 am

Green 50 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 am
enigmaax wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:16 am
fortdawg wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:43 pm
Can Waterford make it without a win?
They can. If Waterford loses and one of Fisher Catholic, Symmes Valley, or Frontier also loses, Waterford is in.

Waterford could also get in if they lose and all those teams win, depending on some 2nd level points for them, Eastern, & Fisher Catholic. That’d be slim though.
Pasteur has Waterford in as a lock with less than.5percent chance of not being the 7 th seed win or lose
If you look at Max / Min points on Joe Eitel, Waterford’s Min with a loss is lower than the Max for the four teams below them. It isn’t likely that everything would go against them, but they are not a lock yet (unless Eitel’s numbers are wrong).



User avatar
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo
Posts: 269243
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:39 pm
Location: Logan, Ohio

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by noreply66 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:47 am

Go TVC


GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9769
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 pm

The TVC Hocking has been a playoff machine



formerfcfan
S
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by formerfcfan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm

Raider6309 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 pm
The TVC Hocking has been a playoff machine
Not for much longer. I still anticipate Trimble and possibly a second Hocking team to make it in the future no matter the league size, but bear in mind that league is going from nine teams to seven very soon... and football wise possibly six with whatever the deal at Fed Hock turns out. So that third entrant will be a lot harder to come by. Going to have to play more than two non-league games just like everybody else.



User avatar
Raider6309
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9769
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Athens

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Raider6309 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 pm

formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm
Not for much longer. I still anticipate Trimble and possibly a second Hocking team to make it in the future no matter the league size, but bear in mind that league is going from nine teams to seven very soon... and football wise possibly six with whatever the deal at Fed Hock turns out. So that third entrant will be a lot harder to come by. Going to have to play more than two non-league games just like everybody else.
They will still have a bunch of schools that will still make the playoffs. All have good programs besides Fed



Baldeagle
JV Team
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:31 am

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Baldeagle » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am

Raider6309 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 pm
formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm
Not for much longer. I still anticipate Trimble and possibly a second Hocking team to make it in the future no matter the league size, but bear in mind that league is going from nine teams to seven very soon... and football wise possibly six with whatever the deal at Fed Hock turns out. So that third entrant will be a lot harder to come by. Going to have to play more than two non-league games just like everybody else.
They will still have a bunch of schools that will still make the playoffs. All have good programs besides Fed
dont mean to spoil your boner but the playoff points machine that was the tvc hocking got ruined when miller and the snakeeaters decided to pull up stakes. The league wont generate as many playoff points because we wont be playing each other most of the year and we will be back to depending on teams to win their nonconference games like we did long ago. Soon we wont be far from the days when trimble wins the league with a 6-4 record and doesnt get in the dance. look back at what that division did when there was only six teams and you will see what i mean. Fed getting their crap together would go a long way towards solving the problem but not even sure that can/will happen.



enigmaax
All Conference
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by enigmaax » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 am

Baldeagle wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am
Raider6309 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 pm
formerfcfan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 pm
Not for much longer. I still anticipate Trimble and possibly a second Hocking team to make it in the future no matter the league size, but bear in mind that league is going from nine teams to seven very soon... and football wise possibly six with whatever the deal at Fed Hock turns out. So that third entrant will be a lot harder to come by. Going to have to play more than two non-league games just like everybody else.
They will still have a bunch of schools that will still make the playoffs. All have good programs besides Fed
dont mean to spoil your boner but the playoff points machine that was the tvc hocking got ruined when miller and the snakeeaters decided to pull up stakes. The league wont generate as many playoff points because we wont be playing each other most of the year and we will be back to depending on teams to win their nonconference games like we did long ago. Soon we wont be far from the days when trimble wins the league with a 6-4 record and doesnt get in the dance. look back at what that division did when there was only six teams and you will see what i mean. Fed getting their crap together would go a long way towards solving the problem but not even sure that can/will happen.
Yep. For the small school division and this region, they’d be wise to try and pick up more teams. At 9, you are virtually guaranteed three spots. Personally, I’d sacrifice a little travel time to bring in some small schools with struggling programs. It puts everyone in a better position. Now, if they expand the playoffs as being discussed on another thread, it may not be quite as important.



formerfcfan
S
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by formerfcfan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:53 am

The TVC-Hocking schools are going to need to play more teams from the SOC 1 and MSL-Cardinal most likely. In years past there has been some aversion on the part of most Hocking schools to play the more competitive teams from those leagues (with the exception of Trimble/Worthington Christian and Waterford/Ports. East), and I understand why given that the L2 points could be surrendered to a team from another league within Region 27. I know Eastern is playing FCA, but that’s pretty pointless since FCA has the longest losing streak in Ohio at 30 games. Eastern, Southern and probably Waterford (maybe Belpre?) are going to need to get teams like Berne Union, Fisher Cath, Symmes Valley etc on the schedule sooner or later if they want the best shot possible to make it in under the 8-team qualifier format going forward.



formerfcfan
S
Posts: 1799
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm
Location: Amanda, OH

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by formerfcfan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:56 am

enigmaax wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 am
Baldeagle wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am
Raider6309 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 pm


They will still have a bunch of schools that will still make the playoffs. All have good programs besides Fed
dont mean to spoil your boner but the playoff points machine that was the tvc hocking got ruined when miller and the snakeeaters decided to pull up stakes. The league wont generate as many playoff points because we wont be playing each other most of the year and we will be back to depending on teams to win their nonconference games like we did long ago. Soon we wont be far from the days when trimble wins the league with a 6-4 record and doesnt get in the dance. look back at what that division did when there was only six teams and you will see what i mean. Fed getting their crap together would go a long way towards solving the problem but not even sure that can/will happen.
Yep. For the small school division and this region, they’d be wise to try and pick up more teams. At 9, you are virtually guaranteed three spots. Personally, I’d sacrifice a little travel time to bring in some small schools with struggling programs. It puts everyone in a better position. Now, if they expand the playoffs as being discussed on another thread, it may not be quite as important.
Right. Although in my opinion, I don’t think the TVC will expand their Hocking division. Barely any good fits for them unless... Berne Union? And I don’t see BU leaving the MSL, even though the MSL-Cardinal is an absolute mess.



countywide35
SE
Posts: 2238
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:38 am

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by countywide35 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:02 am

TVC Hocking may just produce a State Champ


2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

User avatar
Howard Cosell
JV Team
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:44 am
Location: The city that never sleeps.... Dexter, Ohio!

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Howard Cosell » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 pm

countywide35 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:02 am
TVC Hocking may just produce a State Champ
Thats already been done


This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!

User avatar
Fonzie
S
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 pm
Location: Arnold's

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Fonzie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:18 pm

Didn't TVC Hocking teams used to play Symmes Valley on a pretty regular basis?



ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:11 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by ShooterMcgavin » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Howard Cosell wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 pm
countywide35 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:02 am
TVC Hocking may just produce a State Champ
Thats already been done
Not in football.


I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast

dilligaf
S
Posts: 1743
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:06 am

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by dilligaf » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:44 pm

ShooterMcgavin wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:31 pm
Howard Cosell wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:11 pm
countywide35 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:02 am
TVC Hocking may just produce a State Champ
Thats already been done
Not in football.
yep Wahama did it in the tvc hocking



User avatar
HammeredEagle
Waterboy
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 pm

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by HammeredEagle » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Eastern played SV years ago and play them the next 2 years



Post Reply

Return to “Football”