SOC 2 player of the year?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC 2 player of the year?

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:17 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:06 pm It’s either the kid from Waverly or this award is stupid
Explain.
There’s no explaining logic to wheelersburg people
There’s no logic to that answer. We aren’t talking burg fans we are talking about two players.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:48 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:17 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:06 pm It’s either the kid from Waverly or this award is stupid
Explain.
There’s no explaining logic to wheelersburg people
👀🙄

Raider, 90% of your post are spot on. However, This one is in left field.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I think shoemaker also

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Shoemaker

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm 👀🙄

I just want Shoemaker to win. I thought he was all Waverly has but he’s really good

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:42 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm 👀🙄

I just want Shoemaker to win. I thought he was all Waverly has but he’s really good
I respect that.
And I agree, I think he’s really talented.

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Matthews. He’s just as good as shoemaker but he’s on the team that won it.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Shoemaker was more impressive

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Matthews is the best player in the area and IMO has been since the latter part of his sophomore year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:14 pm Matthews is the best player in the area and IMO has been since the latter part of his sophomore year.
Agree!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Westfan wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:14 pm Matthews is the best player in the area and IMO has been since the latter part of his sophomore year.
Respectfully disagree. He’s tough but many good players in the area. He’s one of the best for sure though

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

falcon1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:14 pm Shoemaker was more impressive
That's interesting from a Minford fan. I guess when he ran down your player and single handedly caused that fumble that cost Minford a coveted win was unimpressive.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Difference to me is Matthews is great on both sides of the ball. In fact as good as he is in offense, he's probably better on defense.

I agree that you could give offense to Shoemaker and defense to Matthews.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Didn't Shoemaker have 2 ints vs. West one being returned for a TD? Last year before playing West he was moved to OLB because Waverly was struggling to stop the run and he had 3 tackles for loss. He has 4 ints on the season and the last 3 games he has seen about three balls thrown his side (he picked off one). Has 14 Ints in 3 years of varsity football.
Obviously I'm biased, if you go by numbers it's pretty easy, Payton will likely finish week 10 with over 2,000 yards rushing and 27+ TDs. But a lot of times in POY decisions, "To the victors go the spoils," and there is nothing wrong with that. The two are very similar and if they switched places they'd likely have the same numbers. Co POY makes sense or one being offensive and one being defensive but in the grand scheme of things is just gives us something to argue about. From what I hear they are both pretty good kids and it probably doesn't matter that much to them anyway.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I agree Shoedaddy. If I had a vote it would probably be Shoemaker based on his total body of work this year. But I can see where many would go with Matthews. Don't think there is a wrong choice here. I have been impressed by both in every game they have played. Watched the films on the games for each that I didn't see live. i caution you about using last year and career stats. It's a POYear award not a POCareer award.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

Is not this award an SOC2 conference award? That being true I assume, then each team in the conference would carry the same weight. That is looking at it logically. It doesn't say SOC2 conference winner player of the year. There are awards for that issued by the winning school most likely. So, it really doesn't matter from which team the Player of the Year comes from.
My vote in that case is "Shoemaker".

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Shoemakers numbers this year are awsome and he is a great player. Matthews missed some time and has played banged up. He doesn't have the individual numbers, but he's the focus of everything Wheelersburg does.

I agree my opinion is based on the last 3 years and not just this year, so maybe Shoemaker does deserve it.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Blitz wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:05 pm I agree Shoedaddy. If I had a vote it would probably be Shoemaker based on his total body of work this year. But I can see where many would go with Matthews. Don't think there is a wrong choice here. I have been impressed by both in every game they have played. Watched the films on the games for each that I didn't see live. i caution you about using last year and career stats. It's a POYear award not a POCareer award.
Agree with career stuff.

Also agree you can't make a wrong choice. If you were choosing a team and got the first or second pick, you'd be really happy with each kid.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

The better player is Mathews but Shoemaker has had a better year therefore I’d say Shoemaker

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly kicked off to Mathews, but Burg refused to kick to Shoemaker, so POY goes to Shoemaker.

Return to “Football”