Logan 7 - 14 HT

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Week 10: Logan (4-5) VS Hamilton Twp (4-5)

Post by Paladin »

Logan 35

HT. 14

Good luck to the Chiefs !

Have gun, will travel
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Game Day Chiefs...….end on a good one...…..lots of positives heading into those brand new start of the art facilities.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

FINAL
HT 14, Logan 7

Unless someone else beats me to it, I’ll post a game synopsis when I get home. Heck of a game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Wow, Chiefies upset on their homefield on senior night. Never expected this. Not a good way to end the season and roll momentum into next year, but I still think they were improved this year over the past couple years. Congrats to the Rangers on the hard earned win!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Green_n_Gold76 and I made the trip. Beautiful stadium and field. Glowing purple sky sunset backlighting the hills behind the home side. Domino's Pizza store right there in the stadium? How cool is that?

Both teams played stout defense from the get-go, scoreless first quarter.

2ND QTR
9:07 Hamilton Twp finally gets inside the redzone, scoring on a 5-yard run. Kick good. 7-0

1:39 Logan returns the favor, 5-yard TD run . 7-7

3RD QTR
6:09 HT holds the Chieftains on downs and get the ball on their own 27, but fumble soon after, recovered by Logan

1:35 Logan 29-yard FG attempt is wide left. 7-7

4TH QTR
9:50 CRITICAL PLAY - Rangers march down the field, 1st and goal on the 5, and the Chieftains' defense gives up only one yard on three plays, forcing 4th and goal from the 4. HT's 21-yard FG attempt is blocked, the ball bouncing toward midfield. This was a live ball that HT seemed slow in reacting to. A Logan player alertly picked it up near the home sideline and had several blockers in front. HT's holder and a wide receiver were the only two defenders with a chance to make the stop. One of them somehow makes the tackle at the Logan 48 on the sideline. If they had missed, Logan would have taken both the lead and the wind out of HT's sails.

6:43 HT holds Logan on three plays, and gets the ball back on the punt, then unleashes an 81-yard TD pass. Kick good. 14-7

4:56 Ranger defense buckles down, giving Logan 4th and 4. Rangers hold and get the ball back, trying to burn the clock.

1:50 Rangers with 3rd and ten near midfield, convert on a 12 yard run for the first down, and run out the clock.

Analysis: Both teams pretty evenly matched. HT had a slight edge in the passing game, which proved to be the difference.
Last edited by Zunardo on Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Logan 7 - 14 HT

Post by mattash »

Logan 7 - 14 HT

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Buckeyes1979
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes1979 »

What has happened with the chieftain program when I was in school (went to NY) logan was tough and i know they were good when in 2009/2010 they seem to lose alot of close games is it coaching? What's going on?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Coach himself said too much talent running the halls.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Buckeyes1979 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:17 am What has happened with the chieftain program when I was in school (went to NY) logan was tough and i know they were good when in 2009/2010 they seem to lose alot of close games is it coaching? What's going on?
If it were one thing, it would be easy to fix. It’s not that simple. The previous coaching administration did a horrible job at connecting with the youth programs, recruiting the halls, developing a program, etc. This is the first year under the new coach. Those of us who follow the program have seen a change this year. There is outreach. There is a focus on connecting with the community. There is a focus on developing the talent that walks the halls and is coming up through the younger ages. There are positive things coming for the program.
Last edited by Chief02 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Chief02 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:35 pm
Buckeyes1979 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:17 am What has happened with the chieftain program when I was in school (went to NY) logan was tough and i know they were good when in 2009/2010 they seem to lose alot of close games is it coaching? What's going on?
If it were one thing, it would be easy to fix. It’s not that simple. The previous coaching administration did a horrible job at connecting with the youth programs, recruiting the halls, developing a program, etc. This is the first year under the new coach. Those of us who follow the program has seen a change this year. There is outreach. There is a focus on connecting with the community. There is a focus on developing the talent that walks the halls and is coming up through the younger ages. There are positive things coming for the program.
Logan just finished the worst decade in school history - and it is NOT EVEN CLOSE.

So many reasons go into that. A carousel of coaches. Mistakes - especially early in the decade - by the administration. A down turn in talent. A much more difficult schedule.

But Chief02 is right - the optimism around the program is greatly improved. The new coach lives in town. I think he understands what the problems ARE in the program, which is the first step to fixing them.

I'm bullish on the future. The lower levels are at least restocked in terms of numbers (except for the current 8th grade) and the Tomahawks continue to churn out numbers and to prepare young talent.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Friday was definitely a disappointment - Zunardo is correct, it was two pretty evenly matched teams.

Logan just lacked a little bit of the intensity that had allowed them to win games against evenly matched opponents in Athens and Maysville last week.

Props to the HT coaching staff who did a great job getting their kids ready on the defensive side of the ball.

A lot of "Coulda, shoulda, wouldas" for the purple and white. Finishing 5-5 would have been a massive, massive feather in this team's cap. I'm sure HT feels the same way. They are young. They have to feel good.

Have a feeling the return fixture in Obetz next year could be fun.

Now we enter one of the most important offseasons in memory. It'll be coach Eddy's first chance to have a full offseason. Like any team, there will be holes to fill. But also a lot of talent returning to be excited about. The schedule, on balance, will be roughly equal in its challenges next season.

The expectations will be raised - which I think is what Coach Eddy would want to hear.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

The problem is Logan is like a D4 or D5 school being forced to compete in D2. If the state would let them compete in the division they belong in Logan would dominate. Let them in the TVC and see what happens. They hung 46 on the TVC Ohio champion. The two TVC teams were probably the worst teams they played. :shock:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am
The problem is Logan is like a D4 or D5 school being forced to compete in D2. If the state would let them compete in the division they belong in Logan would dominate. Let them in the TVC and see what happens. They hung 46 on the TVC Ohio champion. The two TVC teams were probably the worst teams they played. :shock:
Why is Logan still begging to get in the TVC? Is the competition north of you just too much?

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
SouthernComfort
Waterboy

Post by SouthernComfort »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:20 am Friday was definitely a disappointment - Zunardo is correct, it was two pretty evenly matched teams.

Logan just lacked a little bit of the intensity that had allowed them to win games against evenly matched opponents in Athens and Maysville last week.

Props to the HT coaching staff who did a great job getting their kids ready on the defensive side of the ball.

A lot of "Coulda, shoulda, wouldas" for the purple and white. Finishing 5-5 would have been a massive, massive feather in this team's cap. I'm sure HT feels the same way. They are young. They have to feel good.

Have a feeling the return fixture in Obetz next year could be fun.

Now we enter one of the most important offseasons in memory. It'll be coach Eddy's first chance to have a full offseason. Like any team, there will be holes to fill. But also a lot of talent returning to be excited about. The schedule, on balance, will be roughly equal in its challenges next season.

The expectations will be raised - which I think is what Coach Eddy would want to hear.
I hope he does a better job of getting players to come out this off season than he did at South. If South was a learning experience and he finds a way to connect with the guys who are walking the halls at Logan then your program is going to continue to take steps forward. Good luck

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 pm
Why is Logan still begging to get in the TVC? Is the competition north of you just too much?
We can't get in a league up north.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

loganlocos wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:35 pm
Yea, you're probably right. That's unfortunate.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

No reason to go north when there's a perfectly fitting league right here in SEO. The TVC should let us in along with Etta and Warren. If VC and a few others weren't so scared of some competition they would let us in. I'm hoping that the smaller schools want away from Athens bad enough to vote for all of us to get in so then Athens will have to face some real competition. :o

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:30 pm
No reason to go north when there's a perfectly fitting league right here in SEO. The TVC should let us in along with Etta and Warren. If VC and a few others weren't so scared of some competition they would let us in. I'm hoping that the smaller schools want away from Athens bad enough to vote for all of us to get in so then Athens will have to face some real competition. :o
In my opinion, the TVC is a last resort option. Not because of some superiority complex or anything. It is a good league full of southeastern Ohio tradition. I simply believe a league like the MSL or the “Route 33 League” that was in the works would be better for Logan.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Logan has been talking about joining a league since the 90’s

Return to “Football”