WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Re: WK 11: Gallia Academy (9-1) @ Waverly (8-2)

Post by Blue/92 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am Gallia has tooo many athletes to get shutout 2/3 games
A lot of wasted talent due to the OC not willing to make any adjusts to his plan. Hope by next season he will scrap the 4 plays he got off Tecmo.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Blue/92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:58 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am Gallia has tooo many athletes to get shutout 2/3 games
A lot of wasted talent due to the OC not willing to make any adjusts to his plan. Hope by next season he will scrap the 4 plays he got off Tecmo.

I know that’s why I feel bad defending gallia sometimes but I was born there and two of my family members are on the team so I’m well aware that they have a good amount of talent especially there skilled guys but they barely get used Williamson didn’t touch the ball much and had over 10 tds the Woodson could make plays too has elite speed but never does more than kickoff team or maybe a jet sweep

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:04 am

I know that’s why I feel bad defending gallia sometimes but I was born there and two of my family members are on the team so I’m well aware that they have a good amount of talent especially there skilled guys but they barely get used Williamson didn’t touch the ball much and had over 10 tds the Woodson could make plays too has elite speed but never does more than kickoff team or maybe a jet sweep
I just know the Woodson kids uncle and grandfather both were drafted out of high school for baseball and were great athletes and daunevyn could do the same type of thing if given the opportunity and so could a few others on the team

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

I feel like Gallia should be a power run game , 2 back system , get em going down hill , throw in a QB read option , some QB waggles throws to the tight end and show the 4 wide 7-8 times a game. Hard nosed defense , good special teams. That’s what comes to mind with the Blue Devils . You’re gonna get hit hard and often.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

The Gallipolis Kids are Soft!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

bevo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:31 am
The Gallipolis Kids are Soft!
I mean gallia kids have always been finesse I played there until my 10th grade year moved to ironton junior and senior year it’s a different level that’s why Ironton always dominates Gallia not that there athletes are better or anything it’s just the kids are way more tough.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Whats the “Gallia” stuff, the school system is Gallipolis City Schools, When I went there we were proud to be Gallipolis High School. Gallia is Gallia County Local Schools, River Valley and South Gallia!
Back to the kids being soft, in the 80’s they were not soft with the first ever playoff teams, they were ground and pound and defense. Still got killed in the playoffs most of the time. One problem is the youth program is a total joke as is the Jr High system! Parents stacking teams and no structure or coordination with the High School program or development of kids. The athletes at Ironton are heads and tails Better! How many kids have gone to Div 1 schools from Gallipolis? And how many from Ironton in the last 20 yrs

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Well I wasn’t alive in the 80s but Iv heard of the teams with the Howard’s in the 80s and Phil king and all them but from the time I was watching seriously around 1999 always being at the games Gallia has never been physical. They have had some physical guys but just overall team physicality has not been there thing

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Some of my favorite teams to watch were with Cody lane and then when Donnie Johnson was the an even then they weren’t that physical

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

You don’t have to be division 1 to be physical. And ironton and galli have played a lot of close games since 2000 so it’s not like ironton just has 1000 division 1 athletes and gallia has none a lot of times there athletes are not far apart at all just ironton in the past definitely was better coached and more physical

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

How many Div 1 athletes has Gallipolis produced? To my knowledge 1 and 2 if you figure Golden walked on at Cincy, Ironton has produced prob in the teens and 5 at Ohio State thay played there and have a current commit to Ohio State, soo you are dead wrong! It matters a lot.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Austin king got drafted out of high school for baseball and jayme haggerty definitely was a d1 player but he just decided he didn’t want to play. David rumley marshall unviersity

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

There one professional and two division 1 players

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

And it’s hard to say but if Golden’s older brother Jeff Never gets injured he may have definitely went division 1

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 pm There one professional and two division 1 players
What are you taking about? Who what Haggerty Div 1 lol right. Were talking about Football here kid.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

bevo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:23 pm There one professional and two division 1 players
What are you taking about? Who what Haggerty Div 1 lol right. Were talking about Football here kid.

So you don’t remember the haggerty kid from gallia????

Austin king drafted for baseball
David rumley actually started for Marshall

Are you sure your from gallia

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I know all the kids mentioned, I’m talking about kids who were recruited and made Div 1 teams! Gallipolis has the Smith kid who started at safety at Ohio State in the 1960’s Andy Howard at Miami of Ohio, Jared Golden Cincy. Any more?
Last edited by bevo on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I know every kid you mentioned kid, Rumley never started he never saw the field, Haggerty nice athlete, not Div 1

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I’m from Gallipolis, Ohio, that is in Gallia County, Ohio. You are making yourself look like a fool!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’m from gallipolis too played with every kid mentioned above 😝

Return to “Football”