Division V Final Four

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Division V Final Four

Post by MrFirstTake »

You make valid points for sure goose but burg has 1 quality win also and that’s against waverly who has one quality win against Amanda clearcreek. Yeah burg played a tougher schedule but they didn’t win any of the tougher games besides one. I would say Ashland but there ya know (kentucky). I’m not an ironton fan who thinks they can beat anybody just feel like if they don’t turn the ball over like they or fumble like they did 5 times at Ashland there a tough out for a lot of teams

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:05 am You make valid points for sure goose but burg has 1 quality win also and that’s against waverly who has one quality win against Amanda clearcreek. Yeah burg played a tougher schedule but they didn’t win any of the tougher games besides one. I would say Ashland but there ya know (kentucky). I’m not an ironton fan who thinks they can beat anybody just feel like if they don’t turn the ball over like they or fumble like they did 5 times at Ashland there a tough out for a lot of teams
Oh I think Burg is very beatable, which is why earlier I said I had Ridgewood as my regional favorite, had a fan or 2 of ironton want to chime in so figured I'd justify my reasoning. The good thing about your post, at least to my knowledge anyways your one of the realistic fans, you know you have a good team and if they play good can compete with if not beat anyone in DV. There's some that just think wrap it in a bow and tie a not as we're in the state semi's.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I will say though some of the people I see saying ironton is good and everything are not even ironton fans. Of course there’s ironton fans saying it but I definitely see others

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 am I will say though some of the people I see saying ironton is good and everything are not even ironton fans. Of course there’s ironton fans saying it but I definitely see others
Yeah that's the flip side of it, there could be a few just wanting to throw it in Burg fans face that Ironton won this year and are enjoying rubbing it in while they can. Just to do it to ruffle up some feathers is only real reason. Because should 1 or neither team win on Saturday night there won't be this long awaited rematch that everyone is waiting on. I honestly believe any one of the top 3 teams can win Region 19, the Aces are the only ones I don't see winning it they've been a little bit to up and down for me to have confidence in.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:23 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:19 am I will say though some of the people I see saying ironton is good and everything are not even ironton fans. Of course there’s ironton fans saying it but I definitely see others
Yeah that's the flip side of it, there could be a few just wanting to throw it in Burg fans face that Ironton won this year and are enjoying rubbing it in while they can. Just to do it to ruffle up some feathers is only real reason. Because should 1 or neither team win on Saturday night there won't be this long awaited rematch that everyone is waiting on.
I told everyone i talk to on a daily I want to play burg again because I feel like it would be such a great game regional finals regular season rematch. And a lot of times the rematch goes to the team who lost the first one and I feel like both teams would come out in that game with a different passion and fire. Not to take anything from ridgewood just think burg would play us with a different kind of fire inside them

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:32 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:23 am
Yeah that's the flip side of it, there could be a few just wanting to throw it in Burg fans face that Ironton won this year and are enjoying rubbing it in while they can. Just to do it to ruffle up some feathers is only real reason. Because should 1 or neither team win on Saturday night there won't be this long awaited rematch that everyone is waiting on.
I told everyone i talk to on a daily I want to play burg again because I feel like it would be such a great game regional finals regular season rematch. And a lot of times the rematch goes to the team who lost the first one and I feel like both teams would come out in that game with a different passion and fire. Not to take anything from ridgewood just think burg would play us with a different kind of fire inside them
It would at least be a close drive for everyone. Possibly Jackson if that happened.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Now how great would that be alumni stadium would be going crazy!!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:05 am You make valid points for sure goose but burg has 1 quality win also and that’s against waverly who has one quality win against Amanda clearcreek. Yeah burg played a tougher schedule but they didn’t win any of the tougher games besides one. I would say Ashland but there ya know (kentucky). I’m not an ironton fan who thinks they can beat anybody just feel like if they don’t turn the ball over like they or fumble like they did 5 times at Ashland there a tough out for a lot of teams
They beat Ashland, Waverly (still in playoffs), Minford(twice) Both of those teams would have come in second and third in the OVC.

Ironton is probably the favorite to win region but if you think Burg won't be a challenge, then I'd rethink it.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:43 am
They beat Ashland, Waverly (still in playoffs), Minford(twice) Both of those teams would have come in second and third in the OVC.

Ironton is probably the favorite to win region but if you think Burg won't be a challenge, then I'd rethink it.
I never said they won’t be a challenger read my next post I actually said burg would be irontons best challenge. But to your other point ironton beat burg and Russell still both in the playoffs

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Every Ironton fan should be rooting for Burg to win this week. Ridgewood is a nightmare match up for Ironton. Ironton can NOT defend a good passing team which is exactly what Ridgewood is. Ironton is awesome against the run which is what the Burg is this year. waaay better match up for Ironton. Plus you have already beat us. Burg has already defeated 2 playoff teams that run spread offenses (Waverly and Minford). If we cant stop them Ironton fans should be very concerned

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Region 17 Kirtland
Region 18 Eastwood
Region 19 Ironton
Region 20 Taft

This is a tough call should be as fun as any division to watch.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am Every Ironton fan should be rooting for Burg to win this week. Ridgewood is a nightmare match up for Ironton. Ironton can NOT defend a good passing team which is exactly what Ridgewood is. Ironton is awesome against the run which is what the Burg is this year. waaay better match up for Ironton. Plus you have already beat us. Burg has already defeated 2 playoff teams that run spread offenses (Waverly and Minford). If we cant stop them Ironton fans should be very concerned
Can you name the team who threw the ball all over ironton this year. I’m not saying that the qb from ridgewood won’t but who threw the ball all over ironton for you to say they can’t defend the pass. I’ve seen one long pass play this year on ironton and it was Fairland first play after kickoff

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Irontons Pass Defense is better than it’s been in a long time. That’s what makes their D special this year.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

None! can you name one team they have played that is even halfway good that throws the ball more than they run????? NONE!!! The 3 good teams they have played (Burg, Russell, Ashland) are run heavy with Ashland being the most balanced of the three and we all know what happened there!!!!

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton is not the same team that beat Burg week 1, you think the Burg is the only team that's got better?
The couple games I have seen Burg play they are a weak tackling team. I don't worry about them stopping the Tigers at all, should we meet again.
As for throwing it out there that the Burg beat Ashland and Ashland beat the Tigers, this is my opinion, Burg would not have beat Ashland at Ashland homecoming night. Ashland was fired up and played more a more physical game against a longtime rival. Again, my opinion.
As for the possibility of facing Ridgewood, if they are a passing team, they better have a good pass blocking line because Tigers d line is no joke.
I have watched alot of football in my time and know anything can happen so until they play this is just each of our opinions.
The Tigers are focused on Amanda this week, then if we move on whoever is up next. One game at a time. Good luck to all that are still playing.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Shouldn't sleep on Burg. Don't matter how bad y'all think they are this year, doubting them hasn't worked well for anyone in the past. I'm PRAYING for a week 13 rematch because I think it'll be much closer.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:56 am Shouldn't sleep on Burg. Don't matter how bad y'all think they are this year, doubting them hasn't worked well for anyone in the past. I'm PRAYING for a week 13 rematch because I think it'll be much closer.
We have to get by Amanda CC first, good luck against Ridgewood.

Go Fighting Tigers...

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

burgfella69 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:56 am Shouldn't sleep on Burg. Don't matter how bad y'all think they are this year, doubting them hasn't worked well for anyone in the past. I'm PRAYING for a week 13 rematch because I think it'll be much closer.
I don't sleep on any team at this point in the season, just have read over and over how much Burg improved like they are to be feared now. Every team still in is capable. I will say it again, the Tigers have improved every game I watched so be careful what you pray for. To me sayin' you think a rematch will much closer is kinda like looking for a moral victory. I am confident Tigers win a rematch. Tiger fans are thinking about Amanda this week and then if we move on the team we face next. Here's hoping for good injury free games Saturday.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Let's put it this way, Burg is a different team than what Ironton saw the first time. Matthews is not at QB and quite a few players have changed on defense. Ironton would be for sure getting a different Burg squad.

Would Burg have enough to neat Ironton? Hard to say but it would be a better game. IMO the first game was basically 17-6 Ironton because those last two TD's Ironton scored were garbage scores as Burg had put in a QB that just threw a ball up for grabs that Ironton almost took to the house. They scored just a few plays later and then didn't Burg also fumble deep in there own territory setting up Ironton for an easy score?

Bottom line is both teams need to take care of business on Saturday first. I think Burg has the tougher challenge in RW.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Well, you all better hustle against Ridgewood with your new and improved Burg and then hope them Mighty Fighting Tigers do the same or otherwise you'll have to agonize over getting beat week one so badly...a WHOLE YEAR! Well, 10 months but that's still? a long time......

.....let's see, you got the rest of fall, then you got your winter to think about it...then dawg gone, spring! finally...OH BOY! serious? summer...then heck we are approaching fall again and then you don't even know then. Many Ironton fans feel the Tigers will be better next year than this. I cannot say that as I can only hope they're this good again.

So, let's summarize...1. Play Hard, beat Ridgewood 2. Hope Ironton wins too 3. Wait ten long months and 4. Overcome those week one doubts and try to beat Ironton

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”