Division V Final Four

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Division V Final Four

Post by wobycat »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm Well, you all better hustle against Ridgewood with your new and improved Burg and then hope them Mighty Fighting Tigers do the same or otherwise you'll have to agonize over getting beat week one so badly...a WHOLE YEAR! Well, 10 months but that's still? a long time......

.....let's see, you got the rest of fall, then you got your winter to think about it...then dawg gone, spring! finally...OH BOY! serious? summer...then heck we are approaching fall again and then you don't even know then. Many Ironton fans feel the Tigers will be better next year than this. I cannot say that as I can only hope they're this good again.

So, let's summarize...1. Play Hard, beat Ridgewood 2. Hope Ironton wins too 3. Wait ten long months and 4. Overcome those week one doubts and try to beat Ironton
That’s how fans think. Burg coaches won’t be. They will be working hard on solving the ridgewood puzzle. Put me in the camp as saying burg is better offensively and defensively since game one. Whether that spells a team that can win region will be determined but I would think that the coaches and team are happy of how things have went since the beginning.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am Every Ironton fan should be rooting for Burg to win this week. Ridgewood is a nightmare match up for Ironton. Ironton can NOT defend a good passing team which is exactly what Ridgewood is. Ironton is awesome against the run which is what the Burg is this year. waaay better match up for Ironton. Plus you have already beat us. Burg has already defeated 2 playoff teams that run spread offenses (Waverly and Minford). If we cant stop them Ironton fans should be very concerned
Major difference in the 2, Waverly's QB is injured and is no running threat at all, Ridgewood's is a big threat to run. Minford spreads it out to run they're not spreading you out because they want to be a passing team.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:11 pm
Blitz wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:02 am Every Ironton fan should be rooting for Burg to win this week. Ridgewood is a nightmare match up for Ironton. Ironton can NOT defend a good passing team which is exactly what Ridgewood is. Ironton is awesome against the run which is what the Burg is this year. waaay better match up for Ironton. Plus you have already beat us. Burg has already defeated 2 playoff teams that run spread offenses (Waverly and Minford). If we cant stop them Ironton fans should be very concerned
Major difference in the 2, Waverly's QB is injured and is no running threat at all, Ridgewood's is a big threat to run. Minford spreads it out to run they're not spreading you out because they want to be a passing team.
I disagree with burg being weak at pass defense. I think Minford came into the burg game looking to pass and the coverage was just good. Lewis had to take it and run. Burg's run defense is what I wonder about. They have gotten better but can they beat a good downhill running team?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:33 pm
I disagree with burg being weak at pass defense. I think Minford came into the burg game looking to pass and the coverage was just good. Lewis had to take it and run. Burg's run defense is what I wonder about. They have gotten better but can they beat a good downhill running team?
Well that was more in reference to what he had mentioned about beating 2 passing teams, when trying to compare them to Ridgewood. Simply can't compare the 3 really, just like you mention Minford coming into the game looking to pass. That doesn't make you a passing team, the staple for Minford is running the ball, so there for they are a spread team who wants to run the ball. When you've done that all year it's tough to say ok now we need to go into week 11 and be this passing team, I wasn't there so I can't discount the intent of their offense it's just not a smart move as you ride the horse that got you there. Now if Minford was this team that passed 15 times a game then maybe you have more of a developed passing game but that's just not the case. Waverly not really passed it to much and when they did they hit a few big ones but when the QB lacks mobility it's a lot easier to cover guys. Also created the lanes for Shoemaker to go for over 200 in that game as well. Ridgewood QB is a duel threat and Burg will find out exactly how good or bad the pass defense is come Saturday night. Look for it to be a REALLY good game and that's what week 12 matchups should be.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

kantucky wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:29 pm Well, you all better hustle against Ridgewood with your new and improved Burg and then hope them Mighty Fighting Tigers do the same or otherwise you'll have to agonize over getting beat week one so badly...a WHOLE YEAR! Well, 10 months but that's still? a long time......

.....let's see, you got the rest of fall, then you got your winter to think about it...then dawg gone, spring! finally...OH BOY! serious? summer...then heck we are approaching fall again and then you don't even know then. Many Ironton fans feel the Tigers will be better next year than this. I cannot say that as I can only hope they're this good again.

So, let's summarize...1. Play Hard, beat Ridgewood 2. Hope Ironton wins too 3. Wait ten long months and 4. Overcome those week one doubts and try to beat Ironton
I do think Ironton can win the state title this year if they play great games down the stretch, but they are losing quite a bit of production next year right? I know they got Carrico and Hacker and Deere and White and some other kids back that will step up, but man that senior class is loaded.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The Cochran kid is still a sophomore too. And they have some pretty good players in there 9th grade class. I say beef up that none conference schedule so come playoff time there ready to pay

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Gallipolis should be the other best team in the ovc I think Rock hill if they can stay healthy will surprise a few people

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Well that was more in reference to what he had mentioned about beating 2 passing teams, when trying to compare them to Ridgewood. Simply can't compare the 3 really, just like you mention Minford coming into the game looking to pass. That doesn't make you a passing team, the staple for Minford is running the ball, so there for they are a spread team who wants to run the ball. When you've done that all year it's tough to say ok now we need to go into week 11 and be this passing team, I wasn't there so I can't discount the intent of their offense it's just not a smart move as you ride the horse that got you there. Now if Minford was this team that passed 15 times a game then maybe you have more of a developed passing game but that's just not the case. Waverly not really passed it to much and when they did they hit a few big ones but when the QB lacks mobility it's a lot easier to cover guys. Also created the lanes for Shoemaker to go for over 200 in that game as well. Ridgewood QB is a duel threat and Burg will find out exactly how good or bad the pass defense is come Saturday night. Look for it to be a REALLY good game and that's what week 12 matchups should be.
Goose thank you for making my point for me. Lewis for the season was 95 completions on 173 attempts for 1597 yards in 11 games thats 15.7 attempts per game and was a very good passer. Shanks even hurt all year was 115 completions on 185 attempts for 1652 yards in 10ish games thats 18.5 attempts. So these are solid winning playoff teams that pass your 15 attempt per game standard that we have defeated 3 times. Add in Greenup with a D1 QB that slings it 30+ times a game and i would say yes Burg CAN and HAS defended the pass well. We lost to teams that rammed it down our throat. But lets not have facts get in the way of hyperbole.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

Taft Orrville Kirtland ironton

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:56 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:11 pm

Goose thank you for making my point for me. Lewis for the season was 95 completions on 173 attempts for 1597 yards in 11 games thats 15.7 attempts per game and was a very good passer. Shanks even hurt all year was 115 completions on 185 attempts for 1652 yards in 10ish games thats 18.5 attempts. So these are solid winning playoff teams that pass your 15 attempt per game standard that we have defeated 3 times. Add in Greenup with a D1 QB that slings it 30+ times a game and i would say yes Burg CAN and HAS defended the pass well. We lost to teams that rammed it down our throat. But lets not have facts get in the way of hyperbole.
Waverly didn't ram it down your throat they simply just ran the ball behind a very small line. You get no credit for the Sammons at Greenup as he's simply not surrounded with any threats regardless of how many times he passed it. Shanks 9/17-162 for 18 yards a completion.....Eli 13/22-168 for 13 yards a completion passing % 53 and 59 for high school that's hardly defending the pass well. Teams can run so they do so that makes the pass defense look better, I mean when you get ahead or it's 3rd and long makes it a lot easier to play pass defense. Burg simply has an average defense this year there's nothing wrong with that, it's good enough to get by no need in fooling anyone into believing they have a good pass defense, it's average. Don't worry that'll all be put to the test and put to rest on Saturday night. As burg hasn't faced a duel threat QB that is just as good passing as running. Good Luck, pulling for SEO teams.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Well Waverly didn't beat us. again prove my point. NOT a power run team a spread team. and yes those performances were average against us and i believe we defended the pass well. My point is if you can't defend it well you will give up 250-350 not 160-170.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I think we are all looking at numbers but here is the thing. Woods QB may be the best Burg or Ironton have scene this year..... It is suppose to work that way we are in the playoffs teams get better. Better players to play against and your teams get better too. I will say for everyone talking about how great the QB is for Wood and he is good. If Wood makes the regional finals they will have faced the best back they have scene all year in each of the three playoff games. That's what makes it great teams are facing the best teams and players they have scene all year. I think Burg vs Wood is going to be a good game and I think Ironton will be waiting for whoever wins it and that will be a great game, and who ever wins the next two weeks will be good games also nothing bad coming from the playoffs all good football with kids who are having the time of there life.

My point is Ironton or Burg will be facing a tough test with this QB and Wood will be facing there toughest test of the year as well lets enjoy it all

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:21 am I think we are all looking at numbers but here is the thing. Woods QB may be the best Burg or Ironton have scene this year..... It is suppose to work that way we are in the playoffs teams get better. Better players to play against and your teams get better too. I will say for everyone talking about how great the QB is for Wood and he is good. If Wood makes the regional finals they will have faced the best back they have scene all year in each of the three playoff games. That's what makes it great teams are facing the best teams and players they have scene all year. I think Burg vs Wood is going to be a good game and I think Ironton will be waiting for whoever wins it and that will be a great game, and who ever wins the next two weeks will be good games also nothing bad coming from the playoffs all good football with kids who are having the time of there life.

My point is Ironton or Burg will be facing a tough test with this QB and Wood will be facing there toughest test of the year as well lets enjoy it all
Ironton has to get past Amanda C first and that's definitely not a given. I don't think you can compare the Waverly and Amanda game because Waverly played lights out that night and AC laid an egg so Ironton is in for a tough battle as is the Burg I will say that I do believe that Burg is playing the better team this week. But Irontons game is a toss up IMO. And Burg is definitely the underdog but I think the the Wood has not played a team as good as Burg All year if Burg plays well. Good luck to all teams for injury free games and GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well I'm glad all of this was straightened out, 15/22-287 yards passing for Ridgewood

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blitz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:50 am Well Waverly didn't beat us. again prove my point. NOT a power run team a spread team. and yes those performances were average against us and i believe we defended the pass well. My point is if you can't defend it well you will give up 250-350 not 160-170.
:lol: :lol: guess in the end I was proven right all along. No big deal it's what happens when ppl are to close to the team they look at things with rose colored glasses and not for the reality that is.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Ridgewoods QB is the real deal. He hit receivers in full stride with perfect passes. Ironton will be tested next week in their defensive backfield. They better play the best game of the year and never lose sight of #6. That kid catches anything thrown his way.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 am Rodgewoods QB is the real deal. He hit receivers in full stride with perfect passes. Ironton will be tested next week in their defensive backfield. They better play the best game of the year and never lose sight of #6. That kid catches anything thrown his way.
Ironton is the real deal too

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

This will be the best team each of them has played all year. Ironton will need to contain that QB.

Also, this will be the best defensive front Ironton has faced all year. Could be an instant classic.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Somethings gotta give: :?: (Science says this cannot exist in the same universe)

Unstoppable force ( Ridgewood offense avg. 48.6 ppg)
- - against a- -
Immovable object (Ironton defense avg. 5.8 ppg)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:02 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 am Rodgewoods QB is the real deal. He hit receivers in full stride with perfect passes. Ironton will be tested next week in their defensive backfield. They better play the best game of the year and never lose sight of #6. That kid catches anything thrown his way.
Ironton is the real deal too
Never said they weren't. But this Wood team reminds of Wheelersburg 2017 state title team. The have multiple scoring threats, they score very quickly and often, and the defense is very stout.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”