WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

Post by MrFirstTake »

I did forget burg had a td called back to they showed burg score on that play and there was a flag but it never showed who the penalty was on but I was a burg td when the flag was thrown

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I think burg rolls.. Minford fell apart after losing to burg the first time. 42-14 pirates start off the second season with a bang!!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Re: WK: 11 Burg vs Minford

Post by bleed_blue »

NewEra wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 am
scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:54 pm Minford has some talent to give Burg a little trouble. But IMO it's gonna tough for Minford to Beat Burg at home I just don't see it happening. Burg will have to play their A game to win and if my memory serves me well the game at Minford shouldn't have been as close as it was Burg had way too many penalties that game. But anyway crazier stuff has happened! GO BURG! Can't wait til Saturday The Ed will be rockin! Best Stadium in the area !
No way , if Minford doesn’t fumble first drive they win that game. It absolutely should of been close.
If Wheelersburg tackles the kid on the little out route then Minford doesn’t score their long TD. It’s all part of the game the kid from Wheelersburg simply made a great effort play on the fumble it’s not like the kid from Minford simply dropped the ball.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 am I think burg rolls.. Minford fell apart after losing to burg the first time. 42-14 pirates start off the second season with a bang!!
More evidence of my Post Wheelersburg Syndrome theory!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:35 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am I mean there was a few crazy things that happened in that game as I just watched it on litter media on YouTube but just from watching I feel like if the kid from Minford never fumbled first drive maybe the game doesn’t go to over time but you can’t say for sure.
Burg had a touchdown called back because of a penalty? If if if if BURG hadn't had so many silly mental mistakes maybe the game wouldn't have been as close? Who knows? That's why they play the game. But i do know that Burg has improved but this is a rivalry game and anything can happen. Burg is gonna have to play error free ball to win this one. Minford has some talent and matches up well with Burg so we will see come Saturday. GO BURG !
Yes ur right burg had 3-4 15 yard penalties on drives to score but those penalty yards hurt them bad and couldn’t make up to get the first downs back. TD called back with over 100 penalty yards. Each one was on a first down and behind the play!! Burgs tackling is better because they haven’t played a back that’s 6’0- 6’2 220 plus since first 5 games. Plus playing on grass the first time could of had a lot to do with how burg played in the trenches and running. This Saturday is on turf where burg players are used to at home this should be a different game. Minford came in first game 5-0 at home with a team that everybody thought was better than burg or matched up with. People had burg out when they came into that game 2-3 but forgot who burg played! 4 of 5 was D-III schools and it showed the next 5 games and winning the SOC outright and holding the 2nd and 3rd place in their region, ended up third. That shows people the schedule burg played!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Minford will not be taken lightly by the pirates. They have a good team that has playmakers. If Burg plays mistake free football and minford does too, burg is probably about 10 points better which means there’s no room for error on burgs part.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:30 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:43 am I think burg rolls.. Minford fell apart after losing to burg the first time. 42-14 pirates start off the second season with a bang!!
P W S
It’s real fellas. Listen to poo bear. He’s a wise man

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

The cure to PWS is getting back up emotionally and playing Wheelersburg again and the OHSAA has just prescribed this treatment.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:35 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am I mean there was a few crazy things that happened in that game as I just watched it on litter media on YouTube but just from watching I feel like if the kid from Minford never fumbled first drive maybe the game doesn’t go to over time but you can’t say for sure.
Burg had a touchdown called back because of a penalty? If if if if BURG hadn't had so many silly mental mistakes maybe the game wouldn't have been as close? Who knows? That's why they play the game. But i do know that Burg has improved but this is a rivalry game and anything can happen. Burg is gonna have to play error free ball to win this one. Minford has some talent and matches up well with Burg so we will see come Saturday. GO BURG !

Minford also had a 68-yard fade route where Risner toarched Burg's secondary in 2-quarter. There were TDs by both teams in the 1st half that were called back for holding.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Re: WK: 11 Burg vs Minford

Post by vladimir »

bleed_blue wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:48 am
NewEra wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:00 am
scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:54 pm Minford has some talent to give Burg a little trouble. But IMO it's gonna tough for Minford to Beat Burg at home I just don't see it happening. Burg will have to play their A game to win and if my memory serves me well the game at Minford shouldn't have been as close as it was Burg had way too many penalties that game. But anyway crazier stuff has happened! GO BURG! Can't wait til Saturday The Ed will be rockin! Best Stadium in the area !
No way , if Minford doesn’t fumble first drive they win that game. It absolutely should of been close.
If Wheelersburg tackles the kid on the little out route then Minford doesn’t score their long TD. It’s all part of the game the kid from Wheelersburg simply made a great effort play on the fumble it’s not like the kid from Minford simply dropped the ball.
:roll: SMH! Yeah, and IF Minford's OT didn't jump on 3rd down and 1, they get a first down and close out the 1st-half. And IF, Minford's DB didn't mistime his jump, he has an INT and Mathews doesn't score the 75-yard TD at the end of the 1st half. It's all part of the game people, and IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, it's be Christmas all year long.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

This is the perfect matchup for Minford.

Either they are that good and get a chance to prove it this week. Or, all the prognosticators are right and they just whipped up on hot garbage until they got into SOC II teams.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The same folks were making the same ridiculous predictions before the first game as well, so take them with a grain of salt. This game will also be a fight to the end.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Burg may not be the best team in the region , they may not win the region . But I guarantee no one in the region, not even Ironton, is as battled tested as Wheelersburg. Burg won’t face anything in the region that they have not seen or felt already

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^The jury is still out on Ridgewood and we'll know more about them after this weekend from the PHS crowd. Drew Pasture has the Generals ranked #2 in all of DV, just behind Kirtland.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

In the regular season burg played 5 teams that qualified for the Ohio playoffs, plus an oak hill team who was in it til week 10. And an Ashland, Kentucky team that is ranked high and would've made the playoffs had they been an Ohio team. There's a reason to schedule like that and it's called getting better throughout the year for the playoffs. Burg is a different animal now.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm In the regular season burg played 5 teams that qualified for the Ohio playoffs, plus an oak hill team who was in it til week 10. And an Ashland, Kentucky team that is ranked high and would've made the playoffs had they been an Ohio team. There's a reason to schedule like that and it's called getting better throughout the year for the playoffs. Burg is a different animal now.
Agree with what you said , “different animal” ??

I trust you and hope you’re right

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm
packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm In the regular season burg played 5 teams that qualified for the Ohio playoffs, plus an oak hill team who was in it til week 10. And an Ashland, Kentucky team that is ranked high and would've made the playoffs had they been an Ohio team. There's a reason to schedule like that and it's called getting better throughout the year for the playoffs. Burg is a different animal now.

Meaning, they have improved and are battle tested.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:52 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm

Meaning, they have improved and are battle tested.
I trust you Pack , you’re knowledgeable. And agree 💯

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Issue with my post?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:19 pm
Issue with my post?
Huh ?

Return to “Football”