WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

14U
S

Re: WK: 11 Burg vs Minford

Post by 14U »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:17 am
14U wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:24 pm I watched Minford 3 times and the Burg game. They played the best game that I saw them play against Burg that night and lost at home on grass. Can they get up again and play that high?
Strongly disagree. The offensive play calling was tight conservative and playing not to lose.

Minford needs to come out and open it up. Throw on first down. Take shots on non obvious passing downs. What do you have to lose? Its week 11.

Matiz will have the defense ready. Offensively Minford cant afford to get in a hole early. Let this offense loose.
Ur HC will lose it!! Matiz can only do so much but ur headman will not listen to to old HC Daniels. You can ask anybody in falconland about ur HC ego!!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:38 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:32 pm Cal Preps:

Burg 35
Minford 0

Winner more than likely gets a date with the beast ridgewood. Wonder where it will be played
MD: Calpreps.com has
[2019] Wheelersburg 35, [2019] Minford (OH) 20
And this is before last weeks score are figured in. You'll have to wait until Tuesday to get the real prediction. IMO, Drew Pasteur is more accurate.

Checkout Mr. Pasteur's site here:

http://www.fantastic50.net

Also, it's an absolute that the winner of this game will play Ridgewood. Most likely places are Logan or Nelsonville.
Nelsonville is nice and great food, friendly people, plenty of parking. Nice drive but let’s through this game first!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford skill kids will play faster on turf, but it's all relative b/c the other team as to plays on the same. Which team is gonna show up, the week 6 team or the week 8 team. This is the game the Minford team wished for, so let's see how they handle it.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

seeing burg by 2 scores Minford is not where they were these two faced off earlier in the season. imo Burg is rolling rn

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FIDO
S

Re: WK: 11 Wheelersburg (7-3) vs Minford (7-3)

Post by FIDO »

Weak/depleted teams will make avg teams appear to be world beaters until they actually face a talented team. Minford will discover this again week 11, and it'll have absolutely nothing to do with coaching.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:38 am Minford skill kids will play faster on turf, but it's all relative b/c the other team as to plays on the same. Which team is gonna show up, the week 6 team or the week 8 team. This is the game the Minford team wished for, so let's see how they handle it.
Hate to say it but when people are wondering if that same week 6 team can show back up and here we are week 11 is asking for a miracle. It's just not turned off and on, these 2 teams have gone in 2 different directions since the last meeting. Burg has gotten better and better each week, where Minford has taken a steady downward approach and are 2-3 after a 5-0 start. It's just tough for any team come week 11 to say we need that team we saw for 1 week way back in week 6 show up again. You kind of are who you are at this point and I'm afraid Minford is a team who didn't beat a single team with a winning record. It's harsh I know and I truly hope this game can live up to the first meeting these 2 teams had but it's just a hard thing to ask when you look at it all.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: WK: 11 #6 Minford (7-3) @ #3 Wheelersburg (7-3)

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Burg wins this game but i will say this about Minford, i thought they were one of the best tackling teams I've seen this year. I think their defense is good enough to make it interesting the 1st half.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Burg wins this rematch again.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

14U wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:31 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:17 am
14U wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:24 pm I watched Minford 3 times and the Burg game. They played the best game that I saw them play against Burg that night and lost at home on grass. Can they get up again and play that high?
Strongly disagree. The offensive play calling was tight conservative and playing not to lose.

Minford needs to come out and open it up. Throw on first down. Take shots on non obvious passing downs. What do you have to lose? Its week 11.

Matiz will have the defense ready. Offensively Minford cant afford to get in a hole early. Let this offense loose.
Ur HC will lose it!! Matiz can only do so much but ur headman will not listen to to old HC Daniels. You can ask anybody in falconland about ur HC ego!!!
Hard to disagree with that. Matiz does a great job on that side of the ball

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

I’m hearing rumblings of this game being moved to Friday night. Burg volleyball playing in the final 4 in volleyball on Thursday and if the win, Saturday. Any truth to this game being moved?

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:38 am I’m hearing rumblings of this game being moved to Friday night. Burg volleyball playing in the final 4 in volleyball on Thursday and if the win, Saturday. Any truth to this game being moved?
I could see that if the ohsaa allowed it. But the girls have to win first. When they’re on, it hard to beat them. The last two sets, they were dominant

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:58 am
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:38 am I’m hearing rumblings of this game being moved to Friday night. Burg volleyball playing in the final 4 in volleyball on Thursday and if the win, Saturday. Any truth to this game being moved?
I could see that if the ohsaa allowed it. But the girls have to win first. When they’re on, it hard to beat them. The last two sets, they were dominant
I just can’t see OHSAA moving it Thursday afternoon to a Friday IF the girls win. If you remember right, they did that during basketball season last year. (Girls)

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:10 am
I just can’t see OHSAA moving it Thursday afternoon to a Friday IF the girls win. If you remember right, they did that during basketball season last year. (Girls)
That and it’s home. They could push up the hand on Saturday to maybe a 1 game. That would give them time to come home. How cool would it be to introduce the volleyball state champions at halftime Saturday

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 am [quote=vladimir post_id=<a href="tel:1816702">1816702</a> time=<a href="tel:1572755926">1572755926</a> user_id=361]
Minford skill kids will play faster on turf, but it's all relative b/c the other team as to plays on the same. Which team is gonna show up, the week 6 team or the week 8 team. This is the game the Minford team wished for, so let's see how they handle it.
Hate to say it but when people are wondering if that same week 6 team can show back up and here we are week 11 is asking for a miracle. It's just not turned off and on, these 2 teams have gone in 2 different directions since the last meeting. Burg has gotten better and better each week, where Minford has taken a steady downward approach and are 2-3 after a 5-0 start. It's just tough for any team come week 11 to say we need that team we saw for 1 week way back in week 6 show up again. You kind of are who you are at this point and I'm afraid Minford is a team who didn't beat a single team with a winning record. It's harsh I know and I truly hope this game can live up to the first meeting these 2 teams had but it's just a hard thing to ask when you look at it all.
[/quote]

Agreed. Burg peaking at right time and Minford been sputtering ever since loss to Burg. I’ll say Burg wins 28-13.

Captain jack: definitely wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they move this game to Friday night...lots of good college football on next Saturday! Good luck to Burg volleyball next week while I’m at it*

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:52 am

That and it’s home. They could push up the hand on Saturday to maybe a 1 game. That would give them time to come home. How cool would it be to introduce the volleyball state champions at halftime Saturday

Shouldn't be a problem on times. D3 Volleyball State Final game is at 11am in Dayton(about a 2 hour drive). Football game is at home at 7 or 7:30. But one game at a time. Gotta beat Independence High School on Thursday. Go Burg!!!

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Burg by 17+

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

vladimir wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:38 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:32 pm Cal Preps:

Burg 35
Minford 0

Winner more than likely gets a date with the beast ridgewood. Wonder where it will be played
MD: Calpreps.com has
[2019] Wheelersburg 35, [2019] Minford (OH) 20
And this is before last weeks score are figured in. You'll have to wait until Tuesday to get the real prediction. IMO, Drew Pasteur is more accurate.

Checkout Mr. Pasteur's site here:

http://www.fantastic50.net

Also, it's an absolute that the winner of this game will play Ridgewood. Most likely places are Logan or Nelsonville.
i had it at 20. i must have hit it and it changed

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:52 am

Lucas just told me they won’t move it. Said finals Saturday would be at 11 and that’s plenty off time to get back

And that would be amazing to intro a state championship volleyball team. Can you imagine the frenzied burg fans?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:55 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 am [quote=vladimir post_id=<a href="tel:1816702">1816702</a> time=<a href="tel:1572755926">1572755926</a> user_id=361]
Agreed. Burg peaking at right time and Minford been sputtering ever since loss to Burg. I’ll say Burg wins 28-13.

Captain jack: definitely wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they move this game to Friday night...lots of good college football on next Saturday! Good luck to Burg volleyball next week while I’m at it*
[/quote]

Agreed on all counts

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Let's have Portsmouth upset Ridgewood and then the Trojans and the winner of this game can come to Valley for week 12.

Return to “Football”