Ridgewood v Portsmouth

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Re: WK11: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(8-2) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by Jokerswild »

Could be close for a half but Ridgewood pulls away for a 41-14 win. Thinking Portsmouth folks are underestimating the team they’re about to face.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Jokerswild wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:59 pm Could be close for a half but Ridgewood pulls away for a 41-14 win. Thinking Portsmouth folks are underestimating the team they’re about to face.
When you are the 7 seed you can’t underestimate. They will play hard no matter what happens.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Portsmouth last year had big line no skill but Parker, this year small line plenty of skill. Just think if they had that both years? That’s how it goes in high school football. Like to see Portsmouth give ridgewood a good game but with no depth it’s going to hurt them.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Jokerswild wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:59 pm Could be close for a half but Ridgewood pulls away for a 41-14 win. Thinking Portsmouth folks are underestimating the team they’re about to face.
I’ve not seen a single Portsmouth poster saying anything that would underestimate Ridgewood. Pretty obvious they are the favorite, they went 10-0 and got the 2 seed. That being said of course we “Portsmouth Folk” aren’t going to get on here and bash the team and act like the kids shouldn’t even step foot on the bus. Have to support the kids and hope for the best no matter the opponent.

Who Dey!
Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Re: Ridgewood v Portsmouth

Post by Sportsfan32 »

Good luck to both teams and hope for an injury-free game on both sides of the ball!

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to P-town tomorrow night. I was skeptical of Kalb when they hired him, but he got that program turned around*

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Go Portsmouth

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

What are you even talking about ? Portsmouth is a 7 seed and haven’t underestimated anyone. Nice try .

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Game day! Drive safe for those that are making the trip up. Can’t wait for tonight. Gonna be a great atmosphere and a great game. Go wood!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Portsmouth and their folk are well aware of the task at hand.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I have no idea where this comment is coming from. Trojans are taking on a 10-0 team that has demolished everyone they've played this year and could have the team to take this region. There hasn't been a single post or comment from the Trojan faithful that would lead anyone to believe they are underestimating this team at all. They've said they have a tough task ahead of them.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:48 am
I have no idea where this comment is coming from. Trojans are taking on a 10-0 team that has demolished everyone they've played this year and could have the team to take this region. There hasn't been a single post or comment from the Trojan faithful that would lead anyone to believe they are underestimating this team at all. They've said they have a tough task ahead of them.
Yeah, really, I agree! I was kinda upset at my Portsmouth buddy's for showing a fatalistic attitude approaching tonight's game. I just don't think personally that Ridgewood is going to be the monster under the bridge that many are making them out to be. Whether Portsmouth can beat them nor not, we'll know for sure by 9:30 tonight

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I guarantee Portsmouth will not and is not underestimating a team that is 10-0 and has beat most opponents with ease.
I will also guarantee, this group of Trojans also won’t just lay down because of the scores and record the Generals have put up.
Ridgewood has to be the favorite, and I don’t think Portsmouth has seen a kid that can throw like the Generals have, I also don’t think Ridgewood has seen a back like Parker.

Portsmouth key in this game is don’t get knocked out of it early. If we’re there start of the 4th I think we have the better game changer in Parker. It’s if we can be there late with a chance is the question. We will not shut them down can we slow them enough and can we complete drives.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Trojan_FB_Alum wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:02 am I guarantee Portsmouth will not and is not underestimating a team that is 10-0 and has beat most opponents with ease.
I will also guarantee, this group of Trojans also won’t just lay down because of the scores and record the Generals have put up.
Ridgewood has to be the favorite, and I don’t think Portsmouth has seen a kid that can throw like the Generals have, I also don’t think Ridgewood has seen a back like Parker.

Portsmouth key in this game is don’t get knocked out of it early. If we’re there start of the 4th I think we have the better game changer in Parker. It’s if we can be there late with a chance is the question. We will not shut them down can we slow them enough and can we complete drives.
I think that about sums it up for this game, can Trojans keep it close enough going into the 4th quarter to really allow Parker to try and take it home for them. Ultimately, we know Trojans have to hang on to the ball but if they can limit the penalties keep themselves in manageable situations these are the things it will take to pull off the upset. 3-#1 seeds lost last night, Region 12 seen the #1,#2 and #3 seed all get beat last night this is why we play the game and what makes it great. Good Luck, hoping for a good clean and injury free game.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Even though Ironton was an ugly loss for the Trojans, it might help them tonight vs. Ridgewood. Going against a very strong Fighting Tigers squad could prove to be a positive for PHS just a week later. Learning from the Ironton game, the Trojans' focus on execution on both sides of the ball needs to be sharp. They know that if it isn't, Ridgewood will take full advantage of it like Ironton did.

Trojan FB Alum is right, it is critical for the Trojans to get off to a good start. If they can do that, confidence can do a world of good for a big underdog like Portsmouth.

GO TROJANS!! SAFE TRAVELS TO THE TROJAN TEAM AND FANS!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Are we basing this off of fans post on here where did all the underestimating talk come from? I doubt the players or coaches on Portsmouth are saying this

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:48 am
Yeah, really, I agree! I was kinda upset at my Portsmouth buddy's for showing a fatalistic attitude approaching tonight's game. I just don't think personally that Ridgewood is going to be the monster under the bridge that many are making them out to be. Whether Portsmouth can beat them nor not, we'll know for sure by 9:30 tonight
Can’t wait for you to bite your words

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

good luck to the Portsmouth Trojans, from SOC country rep southeastern ohio!

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Hoping the Trojans can play a mistake free game. Use the clock to their advantage and that Parker, Rowe and the rest of the Mighty Men of Troy can pull this one out against a very tough Ridgewood team!

"LETS GO TROJANS"

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck Trojans!
RepSeoOvc

Return to “Football”