Ridgewood v Portsmouth

PTrojan59
S

Re: Ridgewood v Portsmouth

Post by PTrojan59 »

Ridgewood up 29-0 after the 1st. Trojans can’t do squat on offense, defense is getting beat both through the air and on the ground. Ridgewood QB is the real deal!

Who Dey!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

35-0 Ridgewood still 6+ minutes left in the half. Ridgewood with a 93 yard touchdown drive.

Who Dey!
SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

Wow

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ridgewood 42
Portsmouth 7
Halftime

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

#1 Kirtland 18
#8 Sandy Valley 14
Halftime

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Trojans takin one

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK11: #7 Portsmouth Trojans(8-2) @ #2 Ridgewood Generals 10-0

Post by greygoose »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:48 am
Jokerswild wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:59 pm Could be close for a half but Ridgewood pulls away for a 41-14 win. Thinking Portsmouth folks are underestimating the team they’re about to face.
I have no idea where this comment is coming from. Trojans are taking on a 10-0 team that has demolished everyone they've played this year and could have the team to take this region. There hasn't been a single post or comment from the Trojan faithful that would lead anyone to believe they are underestimating this team at all. They've said they have a tough task ahead of them.
Yeah, really, I agree! I was kinda upset at my Portsmouth buddy's for showing a fatalistic attitude approaching tonight's game. I just don't think personally that Ridgewood is going to be the monster under the bridge that many are making them out to be. Whether Portsmouth can beat them nor not, we'll know for sure by 9:30 tonight
Looks more like a giant under the bridge that many were right about.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Raycharles wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:10 pm

I have no idea where this comment is coming from. Trojans are taking on a 10-0 team that has demolished everyone they've played this year and could have the team to take this region. There hasn't been a single post or comment from the Trojan faithful that would lead anyone to believe they are underestimating this team at all. They've said they have a tough task ahead of them.
Yeah, really, I agree! I was kinda upset at my Portsmouth buddy's for showing a fatalistic attitude approaching tonight's game. I just don't think personally that Ridgewood is going to be the monster under the bridge that many are making them out to be. Whether Portsmouth can beat them nor not, we'll know for sure by 9:30 tonight
Can’t wait for you to bite your words
Wellllll........

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

As the Ridgewood posters said, they are very good this year. No offense to Portsmouth but I could not believe they were an 8 win team. Ridgewood does not play the toughest schedule, but after seeing Portsmouth I think they would have been lucky to win 6 games playing Ridgewood's schedule. Parker is good but they still held him under 100 yards, and most of those came against the subs in the 2nd half.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I'm assuming the trench battle went heavily in Ridgewoods favor.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

hammer89 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:12 pm As the Ridgewood posters said, they are very good this year. No offense to Portsmouth but I could not believe they were an 8 win team. Ridgewood does not play the toughest schedule, but after seeing Portsmouth I think they would have been lucky to win 6 games playing Ridgewood's schedule. Parker is good but they still held him under 100 yards, and most of those came against the subs in the 2nd half.
Portsmouths schedule and league is very weak

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Congrats on a successful season Portsmouth and thanks to the Trojan faithful that made the long drive up here! I’m hoping we didn’t disappoint too bad. Great game Wood! Bring on the burg!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Had an emergency and I couldn’t make it to the game, so I listened on the radio. It went as I figured it would. Ridgewood controlled the los. Portsmouth’s defense was bad. Ridgewood drove up and down the field all night. Turnovers didn’t help. It was one big play after another. That being said, I’m really proud of this team. 8 wins is a huge accomplishment. I don’t care what people say about how shocked they are, 8 wins is 8 wins, you can’t control if the teams you have to play (conference) are good or bad. It’s not like they played a bunch of 1 win teams. I seen many people in the preseason have Portsmouth 5th or 6th in the OVC. Obviously this wasn’t the result we wanted, but I think the season as a whole was very positive and the Trojan community should be proud. Good luck to Ridgewood the rest of the post season, I was very impressed with Tingle, kid is the real deal. The team was very impressive and it’s no shock they went undefeated.

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Congrats to the Trojans. Keep improving, every year they got better. I had a pleasure watching those seniors. Ridgewood is very very good. I think they beat burg but I still don’t see them beating ironton. Very impressed with there Qb. Our secondary was confused all night. As someone stated you can’t help the schedule you play who’s on there.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Lol, maybe so. Then again, maybe them Tigers softened them up for Ridgewood last week? Their swagger was gone
🙀

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:11 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Lol, maybe so. Then again, maybe them Tigers softened them up for Ridgewood last week? Their swagger was gone
🙀
Maybe south point soften them up for Ironton... maybe Ironton isn’t this monster under the bridge they were on the ropes to a very subpar coal grove team for 2 quarters. Don’t think the Wood has been on the ropes at all this season. Ironton is very one dimensional showed that in the Coal Grove game. Where they attempted to spread it out. From what I saw it was very subpar at best.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Congrats on a successful season portsmouth. Hopefully the Wood was a good atmosphere to watch a game at.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:44 am Congrats on a successful season portsmouth. Hopefully the Wood was a good atmosphere to watch a game at.
I enjoyed it. Nice people, good team and hands down the best looking grass field I ever saw. It looks like turf lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

So, the last 10 years for Portsmouth : 3-7 , 3-7 , 1-9, 3-7 , 3-7 , 3-7 , 6-4 , 5-5 , 7-4 , 8-3. First back to back winning seasons since 01 & 02, always first back to back playoff berths since then. It didn't end well but our program is trending upwards, I remember us finishing up a season a couple years ago with numbers in the low 20's. We are losing a lot to graduation but hopefully participation rates will keep rising and we can plug some guys in. Parker was a great athlete for sure but we have had several good athletes pass through since 2002 and haven't had a better season or back to back decent seasons in that time frame. Time to the weights and get ready for 2020. As for Ridgewood, as good as advertised, can't root for ya next week though as I have to back our Scioto County brethren in Wheelersburg, you guys were great to chat with though and all seemed like great guys who win with class and respect your opponents.

phstrojans1111
Riding the Bench

Post by phstrojans1111 »

Portsmouth loses alot of talent from this season . Portsmouth this year was Senior and Sophomore lead , maybe a rebuilding year next season , the talent will be in the Junior class next year , Senior class next year really doesn't have alot

Return to “Football”