Unioto Football Coach? Anyone know anything?

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Unioto Football Coach? Anyone know anything?

Post by Dundas »

mlittle wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:12 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:28 pm Combs will need the athletic directors position to leave VC. I don’t see how it would be possible for him to remain in VC as the athletic director and coach basketball at Unioto. He’s pretty well compensated in McArthur.
He’s not
He’s not what?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dundas wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:23 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:28 pm Combs will need the athletic directors position to leave VC. I don’t see how it would be possible for him to remain in VC as the athletic director and coach basketball at Unioto. He’s pretty well compensated in McArthur.
He’s not
He’s not what?
Gonna be coaching at Unioto while being AD of VC. Nor will he be AD and coach at Unioto

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

mlittle wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:39 pm

He’s not
He’s not what?
Gonna be coaching at Unioto while being AD of VC. Nor will he be AD and coach at Unioto
I agree.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

He’s not
He’s not what?
VC is eventually going to make the AD position a full time job. So if and when that happens he won't be able to do both.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Anyone interested in this job? I was told they had a nice move in at the lower levels that could make them competitive for the next few years and 8th grader maybe. Any truth to this?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 pm Anyone interested in this job? I was told they had a nice move in at the lower levels that could make them competitive for the next few years and 8th grader maybe. Any truth to this?
Yes. Couple really nice move ins from Chillicothe

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Union Local Kid wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:02 am

He’s not what?
VC is eventually going to make the AD position a full time job. So if and when that happens he won't be able to do both.
The athletic director position is a full time job at VC. That’s why I don’t see him leaving. Unless Unioto can give him a position and pony up around 90k for it.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Teachers with the 20 years experience make low to mid 80's. in Ross County. If it will only take 90k to get a quality hire for a teacher/coach/AD with experience that would be a steal. After watching unioto 8th grade basketball team the other day. I would be surprised if hoops gave up the basketball job anytime soon.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Teachers $80,000+ in Ross County? Where?

Backerpitch70
Waterboy

Post by Backerpitch70 »

KRS wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:55 pm Teachers with the 20 years experience make low to mid 80's. in Ross County. If it will only take 90k to get a quality hire for a teacher/coach/AD with experience that would be a steal. After watching unioto 8th grade basketball team the other day. I would be surprised if hoops gave up the basketball job anytime soon.
What schools in Ross county pay that?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Teachers salaries are public knowledge, a quick search showed a couple of teachers at 79k, with masters, at Unioto, but with well over 20 years. 80k is the extreme top end.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Backerpitch70 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:25 am
KRS wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:55 pm Teachers with the 20 years experience make low to mid 80's. in Ross County. If it will only take 90k to get a quality hire for a teacher/coach/AD with experience that would be a steal. After watching unioto 8th grade basketball team the other day. I would be surprised if hoops gave up the basketball job anytime soon.
What schools in Ross county pay that?
Chillicothe and Southeastern, i know for sure . I just assumed Unioto would be close to them on the pay scale. That is before any coaching/ AD suplementals. Why I didn't find 90k, to be that much if you were going after a coach with experience and a masters plus.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

78k was the highest Chillicothe teacher I found. Probably 20 teachers in the 70k range. Most districts usually don’t allow a new teacher coming in use all of their years experience from their old school. Also, districts have to follow a pay scale and step pay, which is negotiated with the teachers union. This includes supplemental pay, I know at Piketon there are 3 steps with coaching pay.

Had problem finding southeastern the State treasurers office had all schools called southeastern lumped together, but I only saw a couple above 80k, and those said Miami elementary, so not Chillicothe Southeastern.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:22 pm 78k was the highest Chillicothe teacher I found. Probably 20 teachers in the 70k range. Most districts usually don’t allow a new teacher coming in use all of their years experience from their old school. Also, districts have to follow a pay scale and step pay, which is negotiated with the teachers union. This includes supplemental pay, I know at Piketon there are 3 steps with coaching pay.

Had problem finding southeastern the State treasurers office had all schools called southeastern lumped together, but I only saw a couple above 80k, and those said Miami elementary, so not Chillicothe Southeastern.
Iam not going to dispute what the websites say, The lower it shows the better. I just know what our contract says. 2019/20 school year Maxes out at 81,557, jumps to 84k and change next year 3.25% raise. 20 years masters plus 30. That is just a regular teacher. you start coaching add another 4-8. Sister makes about the same at Chilli. as a PE teacher. May seem crazy but true. I've been told Trace and Huntington pay about the same and would figure Unioto would have similar contracts. So 90K for an AD and some made up teaching job for a coach would be chump change for a solid hire.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

any update on rumors around this job?
I heard they held interviews.
I also heard it was confirmed that Hoops did put in for it.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Crickets

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32 pmCrickets
If it's who is rumored (Hoops and Combs) you more than likely won't hear anything until March.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Union Local Kid wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:13 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32 pmCrickets
If it's who is rumored (Hoops and Combs) you more than likely won't hear anything until March.
I figured the later the news the more likely it’ll be hoops.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

My money is on Netter.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Not sure if it’s related but saw Freddie Kitchens at AppleBee’s today

Return to “Football”