Unioto Football Coach? Anyone know anything?

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Unioto Football Coach? Anyone know anything?

Post by mlittle »

hbk1999 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:32 pm Not sure if it’s related but saw Freddie Kitchens at AppleBee’s today
If he was with our AD you could be in to something. If he was waiting tables probably a cold lead

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:10 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:32 pm Not sure if it’s related but saw Freddie Kitchens at AppleBee’s today
If he was with our AD you could be in to something. If he was waiting tables probably a cold lead
Probably waiting tables.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Heard Hoops is new football coach. Nothing official.
I think its a bad move but hey.

Netter should have got the job IMO. He put a lot into this program with Metzler and deserved the shot to take over.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

DC3BC4AD-5E91-4C5C-A7A1-6D75B5F8FC93.jpeg

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congrats, I guess SE has their guy as well. Nothing official but I guess the real question is who is the front runner for the Paint Valley job.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

KRS wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:54 pm Congrats, I guess SE has their guy as well. Nothing official but I guess the real question is who is the front runner for the Paint Valley job.
My guess is PV stays in house and goes with one of the assistant coaches if they're interested in it, keep the same systems in place.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Hoops looks like everyone was pointing that way the entire time. Now question is will anything change with basketball after the season.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Most were right. Congrats to Matt Hoops

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:11 am Congrats to Hoops looks like everyone was pointing that way the entire time. Now question is will anything change with basketball after the season.
Nothing is changing with basketball. He was very clear before the hire that if he was asked to step down as basketball coach he wouldn’t take the football job.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Unioto seems to be rewinding the clock 50 years to a time where this was not uncommon. C.D. Hawhee coached I think about every boy's sport at Waverly back in the day. I don't know...just seems like those times are LONG gone with the demands of the off-season today. I wish them luck, but I have serious doubts that this will work. Did Hoops play football?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:27 am Unioto seems to be rewinding the clock 50 years to a time where this was not uncommon. C.D. Hawhee coached I think about every boy's sport at Waverly back in the day. I don't know...just seems like those times are LONG gone with the demands of the off-season today. I wish them luck, but I have serious doubts that this will work. Did Hoops play football?
Yes he played football

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’ll be handling most of the off season stuff so he can concentrate more on basketball.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Congrats to Hoops. I just don't see this being an overall good idea tho. If it were me, I wouldn't want the same person heading two major athletic programs. I'm sure Hoops will do his absolute best to commit to both programs, but he's only one guy and its just not possible to put your all into both. I know there are football coaches who started working on the next season the moment their season ended this year. If you want to have two very successful programs, its a year round commitment. I'd just rather have one person focusing fully on one sport. But we will see how this works out.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 am Congrats to Hoops. I just don't see this being an overall good idea tho. If it were me, I wouldn't want the same person heading two major athletic programs. I'm sure Hoops will do his absolute best to commit to both programs, but he's only one guy and its just not possible to put your all into both. I know there are football coaches who started working on the next season the moment their season ended this year. If you want to have two very successful programs, its a year round commitment. I'd just rather have one person focusing fully on one sport. But we will see how this works out.
Matt Hoops is as dedicated of a coach as you’ll find at this level. He was currently coaching middle school tack, middle school football and I believe was the middle school AD. He’s dropping all of those to tackle varsity football and basketball. He’ll be smart enough to surround himself with the right people to make this work.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

As long as I get to sit in the booth with my own head set I don’t care what else happens.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Easterday does most of the day to day and offseason stuff for basketball anyway. Hoops should have plenty of time to concentrate on football in the summer.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Matt Hoops played football for Unioto. Was a TE/DE his junior year and played QB his SR year.
Hoops has coached junior high football at Unioto for parts of the last 19 years. Hoops was a great play caller. He is one of the better play callers that I have watched over that time.
Unioto made a good hire and I am sure Hoops will put together a strong staff too.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

It'll be interesting to see if the supposed exodus happens or was it all talk?

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Surely Netter will head back to SE

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern job is no longer available.

Return to “Football”