Unioto Football Coach? Anyone know anything?

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Re: Unioto Football Coach? Anyone know anything?

Post by RShifko »

The thing that is so appealing for a Unioto or Logan Elm
is Gallagher in 7 years took SE and turned them into a top tier program. The best part about that is he started a rebuild and saw it through. Evan is amazing at building culture and setting a standard of excellence across all levels of a program. Jeff Metzler has done a great job laying a strong standard for the Unioto program Gallagher would step in and build in his vision and be prepared for quick success

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Evan will need a teaching position if he leaves SE. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves SE though. That well is pretty dry. He has a connection at LE. I really don't see him going to Unioto, but I could be wrong.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:20 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:53 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:32 pm I dont see Hinton taking job.
He retired because he is old.
Maybe I am wrong but I dont see it.

I also dont think its the sexiest job to take for him. Maybe if we was walking into a program in which he could make deep playoff runs. Unioto is D3 and they are not going to get a ton of points beating up on the SVC. Meaning, making playoffs as a 8-5 playing 1-4 D3 is tough.
Hinton at PV would make more sense being D6 but Hollon aint goin no where. lol
Don’t think they have actually beaten up on the SVC. Or are you saying they would if he was coach?
We usually save it all for our soc games, lol.

BOOOOOOOOM
True...you guys saved up for like 50 years and finally got ONE win. lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:52 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:20 pm
smurray wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Don’t think they have actually beaten up on the SVC. Or are you saying they would if he was coach?
We usually save it all for our soc games, lol.

BOOOOOOOOM
True...you guys saved up for like 50 years and finally got ONE win. lol
Lol. Keep em coming

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I am just an old man from Jackson, but from some of my Vinton County and Unioto friends say your next football coach will be....Matt Hoops. He has always preferred football over basketball. He is already coaching football at the Jr. High level and he is coaching with his father and will be coaching his sons. AND IF THAT IS THE CASE....MATT COMBS WILL BE THE NEXT THE BASKETBALL COACH AT UNIOTO. BET THE FARM!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Solomon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm ...MATT COMBS WILL BE THE NEXT THE BASKETBALL COACH AT UNIOTO. BET THE FARM!
Safe bet!

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Wow would be huge for Combs to become the boys b-ball coach at the U and for Hoops to take over the Unioto football program.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Did Jason Snyder apply? I think he helped coach at Georgia Tech and had big collegiate career.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Solomon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm I am just an old man from Jackson, but from some of my Vinton County and Unioto friends say your next football coach will be....Matt Hoops. He has always preferred football over basketball. He is already coaching football at the Jr. High level and he is coaching with his father and will be coaching his sons. AND IF THAT IS THE CASE....MATT COMBS WILL BE THE NEXT THE BASKETBALL COACH AT UNIOTO. BET THE FARM!
Does unioto have an AD position open?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Solomon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:59 pm I am just an old man from Jackson, but from some of my Vinton County and Unioto friends say your next football coach will be....Matt Hoops. He has always preferred football over basketball. He is already coaching football at the Jr. High level and he is coaching with his father and will be coaching his sons. AND IF THAT IS THE CASE....MATT COMBS WILL BE THE NEXT THE BASKETBALL COACH AT UNIOTO. BET THE FARM!
This is what i've heard most recently. If indeed Hoops gets the football job, there will be some other area teams get some nice players.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dundas wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:53 am
Does unioto have an AD position open?
No

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

se-alum wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:49 am
This is what i've heard most recently. If indeed Hoops gets the football job, there will be some other area teams get some nice players.
I’ve heard that as well. I’ve also heard if they hire the current OC the same area teams would also benefit with some nice players.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Can’t let the tail wag the dog

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:11 am
I’ve heard that as well. I’ve also heard if they hire the current OC the same area teams would also benefit with some nice players.
Very successful Waverly program would accept a few.... great facilities with more improvements currently taking place.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:51 pm

Very successful Waverly program would accept a few.... great facilities with more improvements currently taking place.

That pond is already stocked

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:53 pm

That pond is already stocked
There’s always room for more. We do lose 1st Team All State, first ever 2,000 yard rusher in Mr. Payton Shoemaker - And arguably the best kicker in the area, also 1st Team All State, Grayson Diener, as well as a few other very nice players.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

My kid isn’t much of a kicker

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Guessing Chillicothe, ZT, and Adena are the most likely to benefit.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

After reading 5 pages I can answer the question in the header "anyone know anything" It would be NO.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

KRS wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:03 pm After reading 5 pages I can answer the question in the header "anyone know anything" It would be NO.
Correct, lol. Or the ones who know won’t post anything leading on this sight.

Return to “Football”