Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by greygoose »

Anyone have a guess to the number of people that attended the Ironton and Amanda game last week??

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 pm It's funny that that a certain fan base who expected all Southern Ohio the last two years to support them in their impressive run can't seem to do the same now. A few have but even those seem forced. We should have each others back.
I HEAR YA DUTCH. HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I don’t think either team is discouraged by what the Other can do to behonest: both confident in what they can do and well coached.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:10 pm It's funny that that a certain fan base who expected all Southern Ohio the last two years to support them in their impressive run can't seem to do the same now. A few have but even those seem forced. We should have each others back.

No one from Burg expected any support from the area. In fact a lot of people I talked to not from Burg told me they just went to hopefully watch Burg get their butts handed to them. Guess they wasted a 4.5 hour car ride.

I for one support any team from the area that is still playing from SEO. It's bad enough that SEO teams get no respect from anyone up North that if we don't support each other we will never get any respect

OSU22
Varsity

Re: SEOPS Playoff meet up at Nelsonville-York

Post by OSU22 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:05 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm

as much as I love their stadium/atmosphere/food, it won't handle this crowd in my opinion. unless they bring in an enourmous amount of bleachers. I'd say be in line about 2 hours early. not trying to discourage anyone. but somebody from Nelsonville needs to announce how much extra seating will be added by the additional bleachers they are bringing in.

We won't be bringing in any extra seating. Bringing in little league bleachers won't work because the folks sitting in them won't be able to see anything.
Ridgewood has a small stadium and are used to standing and don't mind it (according to their AD), Ironton played at NY 3 times a they fit just fine. Lots of people prefer to stand and their is plenty of room for that.

Y'all are in the regional finals. Just be happy you are still playing. Coach Pendalton and his staff came down yesterday and they don't have any issues with our place.
I promise we will treat y'all good and both teams will be well taken care of.
Hoping you're right of course no one will know until gameday. Ridgewood's stadium holds about 200 less than NY, simply can't compare a regular season game like you're doing to a regional finals game though. To say Ridgewood has a small stadium, and Ironton has played at NY 3 times and they fit just fine is really a terrible comparison. Those people fit in there when there was other games to go to, maybe the weather keeps some away but, I'd love to know how many were at the Ironton and Amanda game because that will give you a better idea of the crowd size.
Not gonna lie I was pretty disappointing with the attendance at the Amanda/Ironton game. I think people are overestimating the crowd size. And if it is a big crowd then think of the electric atmosphere those players will get to experience. NY does a great job hosting playoff games and have hosted regional championships before, and that was before the rest of the facility was finished. Now it looks a lot better with everything being paved and cement clear around the stadium. Should be a great game Saturday night!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OSU22 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:33 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:05 pm

We won't be bringing in any extra seating. Bringing in little league bleachers won't work because the folks sitting in them won't be able to see anything.
Ridgewood has a small stadium and are used to standing and don't mind it (according to their AD), Ironton played at NY 3 times a they fit just fine. Lots of people prefer to stand and their is plenty of room for that.

Y'all are in the regional finals. Just be happy you are still playing. Coach Pendalton and his staff came down yesterday and they don't have any issues with our place.
Hoping you're right of course no one will know until gameday. Ridgewood's stadium holds about 200 less than NY, simply can't compare a regular season game like you're doing to a regional finals game though. To say Ridgewood has a small stadium, and Ironton has played at NY 3 times and they fit just fine is really a terrible comparison. Those people fit in there when there was other games to go to, maybe the weather keeps some away but, I'd love to know how many were at the Ironton and Amanda game because that will give you a better idea of the crowd size.
Not gonna lie I was pretty disappointing with the attendance at the Amanda/Ironton game. I think people are overestimating the crowd size. And if it is a big crowd then think of the electric atmosphere those players will get to experience. NY does a great job hosting playoff games and have hosted regional championships before, and that was before the rest of the facility was finished. Now it looks a lot better with everything being paved and cement clear around the stadium. Should be a great game Saturday night!
Jackson holds 6K, that's why I was asking if anyone had a ballpark of how many were there.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good post

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Barber1973
Freshman Team

Post by Barber1973 »

Parking is going 2 b a disaster gonna rain so no parking in grass. Park along by pass and hoof it 2 the stadium i guess

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:07 pm Anyone have a guess to the number of people that attended the Ironton and Amanda game last week??
They say Jackson seats 6,000 at capacity. Thinking back I would estimate there was around 4500 paying fans there. Not counting the band

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

kantucky wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:07 pm Anyone have a guess to the number of people that attended the Ironton and Amanda game last week??
They say Jackson seats 6,000 at capacity. Thinking back I would estimate there was around 4500 paying fans there. Not counting the band
Oh JEEZ. So let's just low ball 3,500 then because obviously Ironton faithful is going to bring same amount maybe more. Ridgewood I don't believe has been this far so they're bringing it, it's close enough that those in the Jackson area could make their way down 32 and obviously Athens and NY. Only thing keeping this number down is possibility of rain and that's low chances at kickoff time.

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

I am pumped for this game! I have not seen running backs the size and athleticism of Ironton's this year, QB has only gotten better each week. The defense is crazy good. Do not know how the other team looks. West beat them years ago in playoffs under Triplett with Pendleton as a player. No matter what I expect Ironton will leave it ALL on the field.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:37 pm
bucs40 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:03 am I was just wandering, r they going to b able to handle the crowd that's expected??? Just curious, ive never been to your place.
as much as I love their stadium/atmosphere/food, it won't handle this crowd in my opinion. unless they bring in an enourmous amount of bleachers. I'd say be in line about 2 hours early. not trying to discourage anyone. but somebody from Nelsonville needs to announce how much extra seating will be added by the additional bleachers they are bringing in.

It will handle it, even with immediate area folks going to watch the game. Parking in the grass won't be that big of an issue either. The forecast is not calling for heavy monsoon type rain. Some people on here need to relax and just attend the game, and quit complaining and worrying about petty stuff. NY has a nice unique looking facility to host these two div size teams. It's nothing new for them, they've had big crowds there before, and do a nice job.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Totally different offense of this RW team from that team.

This will be a good test for both teams and the eventual state champion could come out of this game.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Tripaces wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:43 pm
Sport Fan wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:40 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 pm I'd like to have been a fly on the wall, watching and listening while the ridgewood coaching staff watched film on ironton and talked about the best way to move the ball and stop ironton. SMH... it would have to be discouraging...
I would loved to be a fly on the wall , watching and listening while the ironton coaching staff watched film on ridgewood and talked about the best way to stop ridgewood's offense …. It would have to be discouraging ...

I think we’ve been through this before
Haha... yes we have :) a lot of people wanting to be flies since my original comment.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:49 pm
Oh JEEZ. So let's just low ball 3,500 then because obviously Ironton faithful is going to bring same amount maybe more. Ridgewood I don't believe has been this far so they're bringing it, it's close enough that those in the Jackson area could make their way down 32 and obviously Athens and NY. Only thing keeping this number down is possibility of rain and that's low chances at kickoff time.
Wrong, Wood made regional final in 09, defeated Fredricktown . Lost in state semis to eventual state champion Ursuline.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Wood also played in state championship game in baseball this past spring, lost 2-1 to coldwater. West Lafayette community really showed up at state title game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:13 pm
greygoose wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:49 pm

Wrong, Wood made regional final in 09, defeated Fredricktown . Lost in state semis to eventual state champion Ursuline.
Good info thanks, so it's been awhile for them just like Ironton so to my point both teams are going to be bringing a crap ton of people.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

You’ll be surprised how many people from the WL will come. It’ll be a packed house. Great atmosphere for a region final game. Hopefully rain holds off. I don’t think it really benefits anyone or hurt again anymore more or less.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Braves00
Freshman Team

Post by Braves00 »

It’s suppose to rain all day on Saturday which could keep the crowd away

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 pm Wood also played in state championship game in baseball this past spring, lost 2-1 to coldwater. West Lafayette community really showed up at state title game.
Thought is was a 1-0 score?

Return to “Football”