Best Playoff Host

kantucky
Varsity

Best Playoff Host

Post by kantucky »

I'm not necessarily talking about the venue itself (although that's pretty important and include comments) but just the whole package. I got to thinking about this topic after last night's Amanda/Ironton game that hosted by Jackson and the excellent job they done for us. Thank you Jackson!.

Being an Ironton fan and seeing how Ironton has the 2nd or 3rd most playoff appearances, we have been to a lot of stadiums. Portsmouth hosted quite a few of our games at old Spartum Stadium for years and they always done a fine job as well.

So, who sticks out in your mind? From parking, to the concessions stands to just making you feel welcome?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
portsmouth_98
All State

Re: Best Playoff Host

Post by portsmouth_98 »

We played at some dive with a muddy field in the 2002 r15 finals, field was about 75% ,15% marking paint and 10% grass terrible night. I heard they have turf now though.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:50 pm We played at some dive with a muddy field in the 2002 r15 finals, field was about 75% ,15% marking paint and 10% grass terrible night. I heard they have turf now though.
Lol, yeah, those guys also had a field that ran down hill and humps too. That one?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:50 pm We played at some dive with a muddy field in the 2002 r15 finals, field was about 75% ,15% marking paint and 10% grass terrible night. I heard they have turf now though.
Lol, yeah, those guys also had a field that ran down hill and humps too. That one?
Sure was, I heard they had to raise property taxes for 5 years in that town to pay for all the water they used to wet the field down the night before that game.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Chillicothe was really nice I have never been to Jackson but I hate going to nelsonville it’s just a boring trip with nothing to do in the town I know you can always just go to Athens but that’s not really the same

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

As far as to places I have been to watch a playoff game, Jackson or Chillicothe are both very good, slight edge to Jackson if you made me pick.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I always liked Logan as a playoff host long way from ironton but always a great environment jackson also. But I also like when it was at peden stadium in Athens just my top 3

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

ill have to go with jackson.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Have taken in a few games at Jackson for the playoffs and it has always been well ran and excellent facilities, multiple points of entry and exit. In contrast the Teays Valley hosted Jackson and Alder and that was just terrible and quite frankly they should be embarrassed. I haven't been to NY field yet so I look forward to seeing their facilities.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

In this area it's either Chillicothe or Jackson are my favorites.

Burg grad 85
Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Chillicothe probably has the best now that the Intermediate school is completed in terms of parking, eating, Scoreboard with instant replay, and access in and out. Jackson is probably better in terms of visitors bleachers, closer to the field since there is no track, and locker rooms.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I would pick Logan but the track around the field blows that for me. So I'm going with Jackson with no track, but bring your ear plugs using the restrooms underneath the home side stands, man is it ever loud with the stadium right above. Can't hear yourself think. :lol: :lol: Sounds like it's falling down on ya when a big play or something happens. :lol: Wheww it's loud.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm I would pick Logan but the track around the field blows that for me. So I'm going with Jackson with no track, but bring your ear plugs using the restrooms underneath the home side stands, man is it ever loud with the stadium right above. Can't hear yourself think. :lol: :lol: Sounds like it's falling down on ya when a big play or something happens. :lol: Wheww it's loud.
Yeah it just scares the crap out of ya. :lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jackson ...

Everyone else

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:15 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm I would pick Logan but the track around the field blows that for me. So I'm going with Jackson with no track, but bring your ear plugs using the restrooms underneath the home side stands, man is it ever loud with the stadium right above. Can't hear yourself think. :lol: :lol: Sounds like it's falling down on ya when a big play or something happens. :lol: Wheww it's loud.
Yeah it just scares the crap out of ya. :lol:
Sure does. :lol: Two other people in there talking why I was in there washing their hands before they went back out. They had to yell to answer each other and was laughing about it. :lol: What, huh, what did you say? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Zanesville is probably the best for big games. All the rest are about the same

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Jackson does a great job. Awesome facility, lots of parking, good places to eat in town and travel isn't bad at all with 32 and 35 running through town.

I haven't been to the new stadium yet, but Zanesville in the past was also very solid.

Worst place I've ever been for a playoff game was West Muskingum when they hosted a first-round game. Not enough parking and you had to park on the side of a country road with a 50-foot drop-off about five feet away from your passenger door. Stadium was also terrible. I know they've made some stadium improvements since then.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Yeah, the extreme south central part of the state is much better at stadiums. I guess if you live in Columbus you probably go to Buckeye games or travel 90 minutes either way up 71 and watch pro football so high school is kind of forgotten. Portsmouth for example has 20,000 people and had 2 stadiums , Spartan held 8500 at peak configuration, probably closer to 7500 or so now and has 10 acres of gravel and old pavement to park on. The Clark family left a ridiculous money to help build the new stadium, something like 10 million, which allows us to have a 5500 seat modern stadium for a school that struggles to maintain d5 status. I believe all the SOC 2 schools but West have turf now as well as most of the OVC. You don't don't find this stuff everywhere, Valley has a ridiculously nice and good sized stadium for d6. Even perennialy struggling teams and very rural schools like Rock Hill and Northwest have great facilities.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

gotta be Chillicothe.

Jackson only really takes the edge in Stadium now.
Chilli has better amenities in the city and now has the best parking situation with grade 3-6 building complete.
Jacksons stadium is much nicer but it says 'host' not stadium.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Jackson and Lucasville

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”