South Point hits reset again.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Re: Trent Carpenter to South Point

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Yeah, and Urban Meyer is gonna run his defense with Nick Saban calling the offense. The Easter Bunny will have special teams and the tooth fairy will be upstairs in the press box. Give it a rest, nobody is leaving Ironton, especially the Carpenter family.

Mojo Bob
Waterboy

Re: South Point hits reset again.

Post by Mojo Bob »

Is this job officially posted? Or are they going to hire within?

Herdfan73
Waterboy

Post by Herdfan73 »

Mojo Bob wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:38 pm Is this job officially posted? Or are they going to hire within?
Is there any news on south points coaching search?

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

One thing is for sure. they need to be careful in their selection process this time. They need a proven winner and it would be great if they could get a coach with a solid nickname. A nickname that rallies the troops and also causes fear in the heart of the opponent every week.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

I have developed a short list of coaches who might be exactly what South Point is looking for.....and away we go.

1. Dutch - he has been our head coach for some of our best football. Got us in the show this past fall but a bunch of chunky moms dont like him and rumor is he is looking to take his show on the road.

2. meatswinger - after a long and storied career could the batteries be recharged?

3. Paladin - he will think your kids look slow on film but he was a legend at logan in the 1920s

4. blizzardbag - this guy just needs a chance

The guys are all proven winners and should merit serious discussion.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Noteam3
Waterboy

Post by Noteam3 »

They seem to be leaning toward Davis an inside guy. If this is true I will be moving my son out because the struggling program will not make it through this mistake of a hire.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Noteam3 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:16 pm They seem to be leaning toward Davis an inside guy. If this is true I will be moving my son out because the struggling program will not make it through this mistake of a hire.
Which Davis is this?

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Noteam3 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:16 pm They seem to be leaning toward Davis an inside guy. If this is true I will be moving my son out because the struggling program will not make it through this mistake of a hire.
Be part of the solution and not the problem. People want to tuck and run these days.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

laser breath wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:38 am
Be part of the solution and not the problem. People want to tuck and run these days.
Especially if they are from Athens. They lead the state in cut and run.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Lurker83
Waterboy

Post by Lurker83 »

Read this site for a long time just had to create an account to retort this. I’m not really plugged into the politics of the school but I have kids there and boys coming up to the football program. They’re referring to Chris Davis he has been an assistant for a few years under different coaches. Seems to be a good guy in general. As far as football I watched him have completely no control over a JV team that put on embarrassing performances as far as discipline and demeanor. It’s easy to say stay and be the solution, but when its you or your kids put in the situation it gets a little more complicated. I know for a fact that if this is the case a multitude of students that are my sons friends will be looking for new schools. It’s crazy that this is high school football now but its the world we live in. Honestly most of these kids only get 4 years of this so why wouldn’t they want to go to the best situation possible especially if anyone that has been around the program knows that this is not a good hire. So yeah you can call it tuck and run but I would rather my boys have good memories of their high school football days not be on multiple 0-10 teams that struggle to have enough kids to field a team. High school football is awesome that’s why so many grown men swarm to this site and discuss it its a shame what’s happening at south point but It seems they keep doing it to themselves.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Lurker83 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:18 am
Read this site for a long time just had to create an account to retort this. I’m not really plugged into the politics of the school but I have kids there and boys coming up to the football program. They’re referring to Chris Davis he has been an assistant for a few years under different coaches. Seems to be a good guy in general. As far as football I watched him have completely no control over a JV team that put on embarrassing performances as far as discipline and demeanor. It’s easy to say stay and be the solution, but when its you or your kids put in the situation it gets a little more complicated. I know for a fact that if this is the case a multitude of students that are my sons friends will be looking for new schools. It’s crazy that this is high school football now but its the world we live in. Honestly most of these kids only get 4 years of this so why wouldn’t they want to go to the best situation possible especially if anyone that has been around the program knows that this is not a good hire. So yeah you can call it tuck and run but I would rather my boys have good memories of their high school football days not be on multiple 0-10 teams that struggle to have enough kids to field a team. High school football is awesome that’s why so many grown men swarm to this site and discuss it its a shame what’s happening at south point but It seems they keep doing it to themselves.
Maybe the kids should take responsibility on being disciplined.

Noteam3
Waterboy

Post by Noteam3 »

Definitely the kids fault. 7 coaches in 8 years. Most of these kids were toddlers when this all started.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Noteam3 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:36 am Definitely the kids fault. 7 coaches in 8 years. Most of these kids were toddlers when this all started.
I see what laser is saying and I see your point. The kids probably could act better but they’ve been dealt a hard way. That’s on the board of education. That’s who I’d be complaining to. South Point has plenty of athletes and great facilities. There’s no reason why they can’t put a good program together. They’d be wise to hire someone from another state. Put a little buzz in the air.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Any other candidates? Surely there is some interest?

sportsmom1317
Waterboy

Post by sportsmom1317 »

My son is a senior and saying that is already Davis. No other coaches are even being considered. Nance is asking teachers to coach out of desperation. My son heard it yesterday. Also, he says that Davis has no discipline when he subs or coaches. I heard that he even let his license expire this year but still gets rewarded. This is a major fail for SP. I’m so glad my son is out of there this year!

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Gifford reapplied for the job as well. South Point has the chance to keep Gifford but they wanted him out.

Return to “Football”