Will Fed Hock have football?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Will Fed Hock have football?

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

rc1129 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am TVC Hocking has 3 years left at max. Eastern, Southern and South Gallia are in discussions to leave the league ASAP. I've heard they are attempting to get Fed Hock and River Valley to leave with them and make a new 5 team conference. Then they will add teams from there. Just a rumor, but it's the word around town
So basically the old league that fell apart in the early 1990's?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

rc1129 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 am TVC Hocking has 3 years left at max. Eastern, Southern and South Gallia are in discussions to leave the league ASAP. I've heard they are attempting to get Fed Hock and River Valley to leave with them and make a new 5 team conference. Then they will add teams from there. Just a rumor, but it's the word around town
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

nctabulator wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:13 pm According to their Facebook page:

The monthly public meeting series will continue on Wednesday, January 15th at 6:00 PM in the High School Library. The meeting will focus on updates to the program since November, and a question and answer session for all interested stakeholders.

I'm thinking something will be publicly put out after this.
Any word of what came out of that meeting last night?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

They are starting a spring flag football league according to their AD in a Facebook post.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
rc1129
Riding the Bench

Post by rc1129 »

Soft!

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:33 am They are starting a spring flag football league according to their AD in a Facebook post.
If they can get those athletes they have playing basketball who refuse to play tackle football they could dominate flag football. But I've heard there are some coaches of other sports telling them to stick to one sport. If true, what a shame.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

Ground Buck wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:47 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:33 am They are starting a spring flag football league according to their AD in a Facebook post.
If they can get those athletes they have playing basketball who refuse to play tackle football they could dominate flag football. But I've heard there are some coaches of other sports telling them to stick to one sport. If true, what a shame.
Fed has some nice looking athletes on that varsity basketball team. I guarantee you that they would help the football team a great deal.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

Understanding that Federal Hocking is going to play a JV schedule in Ohio, but playing varsity against the three WVa schools?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bystander#1 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 pm Understanding that Federal Hocking is going to play a JV schedule in Ohio, but playing varsity against the three WVa schools?
So from what I understand is that they are playing a JV schedule. I haven't heard anything about playing any varsity level games.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Their AD I on Facebook and Twitter just ask lol
Search Federal Hocking AD.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

Hundred just posted today their varsity schedule on the WVSSAC official site and it lists Federal Hocking. Again I have no idea, just asking and relaying information.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Bystander#1 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:34 pm Hundred just posted today their varsity schedule on the WVSSAC official site and it lists Federal Hocking. Again I have no idea, just asking and relaying information.
It takes weeks for news to reach the backwoods of West Virginia. Long live the Pony Express! :lol:

Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:49 am
Bystander#1 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:34 pm Hundred just posted today their varsity schedule on the WVSSAC official site and it lists Federal Hocking. Again I have no idea, just asking and relaying information.
It takes weeks for news to reach the backwoods of West Virginia. Long live the Pony Express! :lol:
Probably so, but it always seems seohio is four steps behind.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

Games with Manchester and Ridgedale have recently been added to their Arbiter page.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

They are playing Miller next year so they must be planning a mixed schedule between varsity and JV.

Bystander#1
Riding the Bench

Post by Bystander#1 »

And it appears they are still playing Belpre also. So that has them with 7 varsity games.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

So are they picking and choosing the schools in the TVC Hocking they want to play then? Do not be surprised if other schools do this next then. Will half the schools refuse to play say Trimble because they can not play with them then?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 pm So are they picking and choosing the schools in the TVC Hocking they want to play then? Do not be surprised if other schools do this next then. Will half the schools refuse to play say Trimble because they can not play with them then?
The Hocking schools choose if they want to drop them or not.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:09 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 pm So are they picking and choosing the schools in the TVC Hocking they want to play then? Do not be surprised if other schools do this next then. Will half the schools refuse to play say Trimble because they can not play with them then?
The Hocking schools choose if they want to drop them or not.
Okay, well then I vote that we "choose" to drop Trimble.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wonder if Federal Hocking is simply playing the junior varsity team of the other school? When I researched Nelsonville-York football history, I noticed that prior to consolidation, York High School often played the junior varsity team of other schools rather than the varsity team.

So York's schedule would look something like this:

Glouster
Albany
Athens JV
Marietta JV
Waterloo
Corning

Return to “Football”